Senate Confirms Biden’s Federal Reserve Nominee

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The Senate on Tuesday confirmed Dr. Lisa Cook, who has a history of Black Lives Matter bullying and radical monetary policy beliefs, to the Federal Reserve board of governors.

The Senate voted 51-50 to confirm Cook, with Vice President Kamala Harris breaking the tie.

Congress’s upper chamber voted earlier on Tuesday to invoke cloture on the controversial Fed nominee, which passed with 50 Senate Democrats backing her.

Cook would be the first black woman Fed governor, and Democrats have claimed that she would bring, as a Ph.D. economist and a professor, a different perspective to the powerful Federal Reserve board.

Senate Confirms Biden's Federal Reserve Nominee

Not even one GOP vote....Cumswalla had to break the tie.

I hope someone is making a list of those appointments so their pink slips can be sent out prior to Jan of '25.

Last edited:
The Senate on Tuesday confirmed Dr. Lisa Cook, who has a history of Black Lives Matter bullying and radical monetary policy beliefs, to the Federal Reserve board of governors.

The Senate voted 51-50 to confirm Cook, with Vice President Kamala Harris breaking the tie.

Congress’s upper chamber voted earlier on Tuesday to invoke cloture on the controversial Fed nominee, which passed with 50 Senate Democrats backing her.

Cook would be the first black woman Fed governor, and Democrats have claimed that she would bring, as a Ph.D. economist and a professor, a different perspective to the powerful Federal Reserve board.

Senate Confirms Biden's Federal Reserve Nominee

Not even one GOP vote....Cumswalla had to break the tie.

I hope someone is making a list of those appointments so their pink slips can be sent out prior to Jan of '25.
1srelluc, Ok, I looked back re-familiarizing on the "The Fed". 14 year terms. Long time, but OK. It is what it is. Nominated by President at the time, but then politically independent. Yeah, right.
I looked around at what major publications had to say and found none of the financial industry, except little to unknown pubs or known partisan sites.
I am not sure what one sitting board member can do. Right now, of these politically independent
governors, there is 2 Republican appointed and 2 Democrat appointed, including Dr. Cook, though there are still 2 vacancies.

In your opinion, is the a "ho-hum"?

How bout you, Harley? You don't like the Fed anyway, but are you more concerned by her being on it or by the fact Joe can and probably will appoint 2 more?

How bout you, Harley? You don't like the Fed anyway, but are you more concerned by her being on it or by the fact Joe can and probably will appoint 2 more?
Doesnt matter who does the appointing. The whole thing is politicized. Just like the supreme court and everything else in this country.
She is radical and dont belong there but whatevs :dunno:

Forum List

Back