One of these things is not like the other

turbofish

Gold Member
Apr 19, 2021
New inflation numbers came out and to be honest, they just don't make sense.

Lets look at Gas prices - they said that prices have come down 6% since March while at the same time, they are reporting on having the highest gas prices ever

One of these is correct, the other is not. And it isn't looking like the government numbers match what the rest of the US sees.

Granted, I live in a red state so my fuel prices will be lower than blue states due to higher taxes and in the case of CA, a whole different product.

Lets look at Gas prices - they said that prices have come down 6% since March while at the same time, they are reporting on having the highest gas prices ever

One of these is correct, the other is not. And it isn't looking like the government numbers match what the rest of the US sees.

Granted, I live in a red state so my fuel prices will be lower than blue states due to higher taxes and in the case of CA, a whole different product.
The temporary blimp is when we raped our strategic reserve

they said that prices have come down 6% since March while at the same time, they are reporting on having the highest gas prices ever

Typical of the lying Biddum government. They think they got away with a fraud rigged election so now will tell us anything, no doubt trying to paint themselves better.

Gas prices, food prices, used car prices, housing prices....All up significantly more than the "official" number.

Golly, you don't think that the gubmint is taking the liberty of bullshitting us, do you?

used car prices
I have the distinct position of having more data on this topic than anyone else that you have ever had contact with due to my job. Over the past 2 years, the company that I work for has sold around 175K used vehicles. Over those two years, our whole sale price has increased 68% but has been dropping since Feb of this year. Not by much but they are dropping.
My wife and I were looking to buy a new car. I got a new MX-5 last year, looking for a Honda CR-V for her - the lot was empty, even the used car lot was empty but we have managed to keep our 155+ lots full of vehicles to sell. The Mazda dealer down the street has many CX-5/50 on the lot. Even though she hates the infotainment system that Mazda has [it really does suck], I'm thinking that it will be a Mazda that we buy today. No, I will never by an American car again. I want my vehicles to actually last. They are still crap [I can show you graphs that I created based on what my company has experienced]

Kind of makes me think that there is something else going on to 'enhance' the view that the lots are empty. It gives the buyer less chance to bargain and more of a chance for the dealer to charge a super large premium.
Supply and demand could be forced by limiting the supply to raise the price.

I have the distinct position of having more data on this topic than anyone else that you have ever had contact with due to my job. Over the past 2 years, the company that I work for has sold around 175K used vehicles. Over those two years, our whole sale price has increased 68% but has been dropping since Feb of this year. Not by much but they are dropping.
My wife and I were looking to buy a new car. I got a new MX-5 last year, looking for a Honda CR-V for her - the lot was empty, even the used car lot was empty but we have managed to keep our 155+ lots full of vehicles to sell. The Mazda dealer down the street has many CX-5/50 on the lot. Even though she hates the infotainment system that Mazda has [it really does suck], I'm thinking that it will be a Mazda that we buy today. No, I will never by an American car again. I want my vehicles to actually last. They are still crap [I can show you graphs that I created based on what my company has experienced]

Kind of makes me think that there is something else going on to 'enhance' the view that the lots are empty. It gives the buyer less chance to bargain and more of a chance for the dealer to charge a super large premium.
Supply and demand could be forced by limiting the supply to raise the price.
One of my friends manages the department at a GM dealer that get's used vehicles up to snuff and ready for the lot.

They are working 10 hour days Mon-Sat and about half his crew puts in a half day on Sunday and they still can't get them ready fast enough.....Most are sold while still on the lifts trying to get them ready.

He said he has never seen anything like it in the 40+ years he had been doing it.....Indeed those departments are usually so slow they use the mechanics in the main shop....Now it's the opposite.

So please to tell me where these huge fields of used vehicles that they are "hiding" are at?

Last edited:

Actually, they both are correct. The CPI article addressed the month of April. the USA article is from yesterday and said that we have just surpassed the previous highmark for gas prices set in, wait for it, March. And it makes sense, yesterday I paid the most for gas since March, but still haven't hit they high of $4.09 that I paid then.

So please tell to tell me where there huge fields of used vehicles they are "hiding" are at?
Must be on our lots.
Again, we have kept our 155+ lots over 12/13 states well stocked throughout the entire time.

Just checked the database and we have over 6,300 vehicles on the lots

Actually, they both are correct. The CPI article addressed the month of April. the USA article is from yesterday and said that we have just surpassed the previous highmark for gas prices set in, wait for it, March. And it makes sense, yesterday I paid the most for gas since March, but still haven't hit they high of $4.09 that I paid then.
It's $4.20 across the board in my AO. That's up from $3.87 just 10 days ago. My source tells me it will be $4.50 by Memorial Day.....If we are "lucky".

52% of the people in my AO commute into NOtVA/DC every day so figure they use a half a tank of gas on average a day. Their fuel costs have doubled since Tater "won".

Screenshot 2022-05-11 105119.png

Nope, it didn't go down, just up.

My sister in law, the Colonel, text yesterday paying about $4.15/gal in Nashville. I glanced and at the same time she was 12 miles from the 2nd lowest gas prices in the state at $3.74/gal on a highway leading into Nashville, while at the same time, I noted consistent $3.89s and $3.87 in the La Vergne up and down Murfreesboro Road. Today,$3.76 is a popular price in multiple TN cities, including Memphis. I did tell her at the time of the cheaper gas in her area, but of course, the distance that might take 15-20 min in West Tenn, might easily be and hour to an hour_forty-five from HQs in Nashville.

Forum List

Back