Senate approves bill to make Juneteenth a federal holiday.....Perhaps an amendment is needed to let them riot and loot on the 19th?

Whites are the ones rioting and reparations.

tumblr_o4uzulA91H1vponydo1_400.gifv

Let them all kill each other while I watch movies online.

A day to celebrate when enslaved Americans learned that they were free enriches us all.

Most of them had already learned that they had been freed. This was particular to Texas.

The anniversary of The Emancipation Proclamation would serve as a better holiday than the idiotic-sounding "Juneteenth".
The day doesn't matter. It is the celebration of freedom for those people unjustly held that matters. I can't find among my ancestors people who were held in bondage. Can you? We must recognize what the people have gone through so that it does not happen again.

I was born less than a decade after the nazi death camps were liberated. I am not Jewish, but I was educated in what is never to be done to a fellow human being.

I don't know what these people experienced emotionally when the cell doors opened. But I can think of the joy that these long-dead Americans felt.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
That will become the National day of riots too

You are totally missinformed as always. 99.9% of what the house passes your scumbags in the senate obstruct. Do you even know what a lie is anymore?

Aside from your atrocious sentence structure and spelling, what is your point?
Exactly WHAT is this "misinformation" you speak of? The media claims it's a federal holiday.
Is it, or isn't it?

I see nothing wrong in celebrating an anniversary of freedom from slavery. We celebrate July 4th, a celebration of freedom from British rule.

How about a 'National Day of Peace and Quiet' holiday for the rest of us.

We can make it the one day of the year we don't have to listen to any BLM-style garbage and whining about how fucking oppressed they are.

How about a 'National Day of Peace and Quiet' holiday for the rest of us.

We can make it the one day of the year we don't have to listen to any BLM-style garbage and whining about how fucking oppressed they are.
We hear whites whining every day. And you make up reasons to cry that do not exist.

That will become the National day of riots too

You are totally missinformed as always. 99.9% of what the house passes your scumbags in the senate obstruct. Do you even know what a lie is anymore?

Aside from your atrocious sentence structure and spelling, what is your point?
Exactly WHAT is this "misinformation" you speak of? The media claims it's a federal holiday.
Is it, or isn't it?
My sentence structure is fine and that is the smartphone misspelling. The link says the house passed it. Too bad that is not a law unfortunately.

I see nothing wrong in celebrating an anniversary of freedom from slavery. We celebrate July 4th, a celebration of freedom from British rule.

That wouldn't be June 19th though. Slaves were freed once slave territory fell into Union hands beginning January 1, 1863.

Slavery ended with certitude with the ratification of the 13th Amendment. Ratified on December 6, 1865, proclaimed on December 18, 1865.

Pidgin should not be used for a holiday name.

July 4th is INDEPENDENCE DAY!

June 19th is EMANCIPATION DAY!

The Democrats named the new holiday Juneteenth National Independence Day.

Under the legislation, the federal holiday would be known as Juneteenth National Independence Day.

Rep. Clay Higgins, R-La., said that he would vote for the bill and that he supported the establishment of a federal holiday, but he was upset that the name of the holiday included the word “independence” rather than “emancipation.”

“Why would the Democrats want to politicize this by coopting the name of our sacred holiday of Independence Day?" Higgins asked.

I'm so happy all those slaves are finally free. Maybe the darkies can now stop tearing down the country and assaulting the chinks.

A day to celebrate when enslaved Americans learned that they were free enriches us all. I cannot begin to imagine what it was like for a woman accustomed to scrub the laundry every day with no hope of a better life and no hope for her children, just a beating if she didn't do it, to finally be told that she was free.

Women who kept going throughout these horrible circumstances are the heroes of the human race.
The holiday of Juneteenth is as meaningless a day as you could get. It commemorates nothing. Nothing happened on Juneteenth. This is the day the slaves in TEXAS found out that the civil war had been over for some three years. Everyone else already knew.

Yes I can imagine some slave woman scrubbing laundry finding out that she is fwee at last. Now get your ass out of the house massa gave you. Get your kids out too and get your own food. You're free. No more laundry to scrub. Now go sell pussy to those union soldiers.

Makes me warm all over!

The Senate passed a bill Tuesday that would make Juneteenth, or June 19th, a federal holiday commemorating the end of slavery in the United States.

The bill would lead to Juneteenth becoming the 12th federal holiday. It is expected to easily pass the House, which would send it to President Joe Biden for his signature. […]

“Making Juneteenth a federal holiday is a major step forward to recognize the wrongs of the past,” said Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. “But we must continue to work to ensure equal justice and fulfill the promise of the Emancipation Proclamation and our Constitution.”

The Senate passed the bill under a unanimous consent agreement that expedites the process for considering legislation. It takes just one senator’s objection to block such agreements. …

(Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ...

In today’s politically correct world, any who would oppose this would be condemned as racist. Hence the unanimous consent. Everyone is afraid to oppose this because the liberals and media would crucify them as bigots.
I could handle some looting more than rioting.

A day to celebrate when enslaved Americans learned that they were free enriches us all.

Most of them had already learned that they had been freed. This was particular to Texas.

The anniversary of The Emancipation Proclamation would serve as a better holiday than the idiotic-sounding "Juneteenth".
The day doesn't matter. It is the celebration of freedom for those people unjustly held that matters. I can't find among my ancestors people who were held in bondage. Can you? We must recognize what the people have gone through so that it does not happen again.

I was born less than a decade after the nazi death camps were liberated. I am not Jewish, but I was educated in what is never to be done to a fellow human being.

I don't know what these people experienced emotionally when the cell doors opened. But I can think of the joy that these long-dead Americans felt.
They didn't feel much joy. Mostly it was fear. That's how the former field slaves ended up being sharecroppers in the same fields they tilled as slaves. With somewhat less reward.

Markey is a swine. From the OPs link:

“We have a long road towards racial justice in the United States and we cannot get there without acknowledging our nation’s original sin of slavery. It is long past time to make Juneteenth a federal holiday.”

Slavery existed throughout human history, thousands of years before America was founded. Calling it our "original sin" is the most asinine thing possible. It is in fact driven by hatred of America and making it out as if slavery originated here.

This is damnable.

The Democrats continue to divide us.
Uh, no. The division is coming from MAGA turds like you who piss & moan about everything under the sun, showing how much you really hate this Country. Now you have something to be happy about. A holiday declared, & another reason to bitch about something. Do all you MAGA turds suffer from a never ending mid life crisis? Either that or none of you clowns get laid too often.

Forum List

Back