Self Defense

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
I'm aware that laws differ from state to state but what do you think is legitimate self defense ?
Let's say you are at a lake fishing and someone comes up and attacks you ? You're not in a position to worry about legal technicalities here. The person is beating the crap out of you. Is using force against your attacker a legitimate option ? If so, How much force are you allowed to use and are you allowed to use a weapon to defend yourself? How much injury do you have to suffer before you can resort to using a knife to defend yourself. A gun ? A big stick ?

Let's say you kill your attacker while defending yourself. There are no ear nor eyewitnesses. Do you go to prison because you are unable to prove you were not the aggressor ?

Going to prison because you manage to save your own life sorta sucks doesn't it ?

I'm aware that laws differ from state to state but what do you think is legitimate self defense ?
Let's say you are at a lake fishing and someone comes up and attacks you ? You're not in a position to worry about legal technicalities here. The person is beating the crap out of you. Is using force against your attacker a legitimate option ? If so, How much force are you allowed to use and are you allowed to use a weapon to defend yourself? How much injury do you have to suffer before you can resort to using a knife to defend yourself. A gun ? A big stick ?

Let's say you kill your attacker while defending yourself. There are no ear nor eyewitnesses. Do you go to prison because you are unable to prove you were not the aggressor ?

Going to prison because you manage to save your own life sorta sucks doesn't it ?

Hey, I'd push the attacker in the lake. If he can't swim, that wouldn't be my problem. :D

Hey, I'd push the attacker in the lake. If he can't swim, that wouldn't be my problem. :D

they dredge up her body and guess who's finger prints they find----you're going to prison

Is it Crystal Lake?

:eek:

Zimmerman was NOT doing the equivalent of innocently fishing at a lake.

What if you are fishing and someone is following you? What do you do? Honestly.

Use that person for chum.

Right. That's what Martin tried to do and he was killed. And now his killer has been exonerated.

What this whole thing has taught me is that if someone messes with you, you need to kill them and kill them quickly. Just like my karate instructor once told me to do. And then you get the hell out of there.

Last edited:

Right. That's what Martin tried to do and he was killed. And now his killer has been exonerated.

What this whole thing has taught me is that if someone messes with you, you need to kill them and kill them quickly. Just like my karate instructor once told me to do. And then you get the hell out of there.

and tell no one ? Do you think that will get you off ?

Is it Crystal Lake?

:eek:

No, Chappaquiddick.

Oh wait . . .

Koosh - you forgot "and then bury the body".

better do a damn good job of it because forensics can do incredible things these days.

better do a damn good job of it because forensics can do incredible things these days.

Are we still at the lake fishing?

Concrete block/leg/bottom of lake.

Are we still at the lake fishing?

Concrete block/leg/bottom of lake.

I highly recommend whatever it was they used on Hoffa cuz if they find the bod, your ass is going to prison. Why ? Because you commited the crime of improperly saving your own life.

I'm being facetious because I can't argue this point. I'm a 118 pound girl. I'm hyper aware of my surroundings, I look everyone in the eye that's in my vicinity. I'm a terrible victim target on purpose. If I ever was in a situation where I had to defend myself, I'd shoot them, hit them with a rock or run and be gone before they ever touched me. It would never happen that I would be questioned about was it self defense. Maybe it's a gender thing. You guys are always getting a bad rap for self defense.

Forum List

Back