Seeing the Future

Has anyone ever believed it to be possible? Or actually seen the future themselves?

I, for one, believe it to be possible.
It's uncanny, but I did, tonight. While watching TV after dinner, I was able to see into the future and guess that my wife was going to kick me out of the family room once her friends came over.

Sure enough, it happened. I didn't mind though as I was just flipping the channels, so I headed upstairs into the den and had a cigar with some whiskey, and just read the paper while occasionally glancing at the USMB site. So all turned out ok.

Has anyone ever believed it to be possible? Or actually seen the future themselves?

It's uncanny, but I did, tonight. While watching TV after dinner, I was able to see into the future and guess that my wife was going to kick me out of the family room once her friends came over.

Sure enough, it happened. I didn't mind though as I was just flipping the channels, so I headed upstairs into the den and had a cigar with some whiskey, and just read the paper while occasionally glancing at the USMB site. So all turned out ok.

Impossible!!!

No wife lets her husband go upstairs for cigars and whiskey :evil:

Impossible!!!

You don't know my wife. When she's entertaining friends, all bets are off.

• Banned

I was talking about things other than predictable wife behavior (it doesn't take a soothsayer to know that wives kick men out when their friends come over). Things in the slightly more distant future and uncertain future.

For example, shortly after I met my fiancée, I had an unusually vivid dream that later turned out to be one of our first dates. I messed up horribly in my dream, but I remembered it well enough when the time came to change what happened. Now we're happily engaged and getting married in a few months.

BTW, I guess I got lucky. My wife was never very sociable and has a grand total of maybe three friends, excluding me. Plus, they never come over!:lol:

Impossible!!!

Sounds like a keeper to me. You better go buy her some fancy shit soon :eusa_think:

Impossible!!!

Sounds like a keeper to me. You better go buy her some fancy shit soon :eusa_think:
I'm just thankful that her friends came over after dinner, otherwise she would have given me one of two options (not a choice). Option one would be for me to take the kid and head out to eat, option two would be to eat at home, but no seconds allowed even if there are lots of leftovers. :(

I was talking about things other than predictable wife behavior (it doesn't take a soothsayer to know that wives kick men out when their friends come over). Things in the slightly more distant future and uncertain future.

For example, shortly after I met my fiancée, I had an unusually vivid dream that later turned out to be one of our first dates. I messed up horribly in my dream, but I remembered it well enough when the time came to change what happened. Now we're happily engaged and getting married in a few months.

BTW, I guess I got lucky. My wife was never very sociable and has a grand total of maybe three friends, excluding me. Plus, they never come over!:lol:
I saw a show on TV once (I believe it was Fact or Fiction). A group of 4 kids (they were about 18) were getting ready to drive someplace one evening. While this was happening, one of the kids was in the living room by himself and while the TV was off, a clip appeared on the TV showing a fatal car crash with a train. The guy noticed that it was not just any car, it was their car. Before he could do anything else, the clip was gone, and the TV was still off. He told the others what he saw, and tried to convince them not to go out, but they didn't believe him. He wound up staying home. Sure enough, later on sometime after the other three had left, he was watching the news on TV, and they were showing a collision between a car and a train, where the three occupants of the car were fatally wounded. The three occupants were his friends.

The clip was later revealed to be fact.

I saw a show on TV once (I believe it was Fact or Fiction). A group of 4 kids (they were about 18) were getting ready to drive someplace one evening. While this was happening, one of the kids was in the living room by himself and while the TV was off, a clip appeared on the TV showing a fatal car crash with a train. The guy noticed that it was not just any car, it was their car. Before he could do anything else, the clip was gone, and the TV was still off. He told the others what he saw, and tried to convince them not to go out, but they didn't believe him. He wound up staying home. Sure enough, later on sometime after the other three had left, he was watching the news on TV, and they were showing a collision between a car and a train, where the three occupants of the car were fatally wounded. The three occupants were his friends.

Exactly. Although not blowing a date (even with the girl you love) is nowhere near as important as seeing and avoiding your own death. I wonder how I will die...

How many psychics are on the Forbes top 100 list? Well theres your answer.

Exactly. Although not blowing a date (even with the girl you love) is nowhere near as important as seeing and avoiding your own death. I wonder how I will die...

Absolutely. Deja vu is not unknown.

I believe that this was a message from God telling him that it was not his time to go yet.

Forum List

Back