Secretary of State Anthony Blinken Addresses War In Ukraine And Nord Stream Sabotage

All 3 are good things.

So, what butthurt did this cause you all?
Fanning the flames towards WWIII.

Good things, eh? You now a big fan of US fossil fuel companies making big profits? Cool!

I think it's great we are "helping Europe by destroying the pipeline and supplying LNG to them in a time of crisis, but not a big fan of going to war over energy again.

We've been through more than one war over oil. Now it's oil and gas.

What is the answer? How do you stop our private oil companies from shipping the oil overseas?

Do you favor nationalizing them?
So why have those exports been coming from our reserves??? IDK, have our reserves been replenished before further exports??

So why have those exports been coming from our reserves??? IDK, have our reserves been replenished before further exports??

because the two have nothing to do with each other. What we sell out of our reserves do not count as exports as they can be bought by anyone.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
And the cult STILL THINKS THE US DIDNT DO THIS?

We are now the largest supplier of liquid natural gas to Europe.

And Russia cannot supply any.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

HOW STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?

The USA blew up the pipelines and stepped in.

“He went on to say (22:55) that the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipelines is "a tremendous opportunity" to once and for all remove dependence on Russian energy.”

HE ALL BUT ADMITTED RESPONSIBILTY.
Stop being rational.

Yea. I am sure Russia did this to themselves.

What fools these idiots are who think Russia committed a false flag sabotage.
Even for the "Trump is LITERALLY Hitler!" crowd, it's the lunatic conspiracy theory to end all lunatic conspiracy theories.

because the two have nothing to do with each other. What we sell out of our reserves do not count as exports as they can be bought by anyone.

How does that work??? Can't all of it be bought by anyone? If it leaves our shores, then it's an export whether it's from reserves or freshly pumped/refined. Either way, somebody else is getting it and not us, and we are paying higher prices. If it were to stay here for our use, it would drive the price of gas down

How does that work??? Can't all of it be bought by anyone?

Anyone that is qualified to big on it at the auction.

If it leaves our shores, then it's an export whether it's from reserves or freshly pumped/refined.

Nope, as it had already been bought and paid for, it is just being sold again. Thus it is not included in the export number.

Either way, somebody else is getting it and not us, and we are paying higher prices. If it were to stay here for our use, it would drive the price of gas down

Oil is a global commodity, it is sold on a global marketplace. Staying here or not it would cost the same.

Oil is a global commodity, it is sold on a global marketplace. Staying here or not it would cost the same.
I think basic economics would differ. If we did not export to the global market, then US supply would be greater and thus prices would decrease.

But US companies exporting oil is great for our economy in general, employing lots of highly-paid people, creating revenue for services from the taxes paid, reducing the trade deficit.

What really bugs me is politicians working to make it more difficult for Americans to be supplied with abundant and cheap energy, while at the same time working to supply other nations with life-improving carbon-based fuels.

Example:

Dems putting other countries first again.

Anyone that is qualified to big on it at the auction.

Nope, as it had already been bought and paid for, it is just being sold again. Thus it is not included in the export number.

I still don't see your logic, but let's get back to the true purpose of this thread, which comes down to Blinken coming out and all but admitted US responsibility for the pipelines sabotage...............which is considered 'an act of war' and whether it is or not......Biden still played dirty to take over the supply.

Think of it this way..........how would you like it if Russia blew up our supply of exports to other countries, just so they could supply it instead and we'd lose that revenue & political standing on the world stage? I mean really, put the shoe on the other foot for a moment. You'd scream it was an act of war and want them bombed for taking control of our cash cow..........and this is the biggest concern for most of us at the moment. With or without proof of 'who dunit' Putin would have every reason to be pissed and ready to strike at the nation most likely to gain from it.

I think basic economics would differ. If we did not export to the global market, then US supply would be greater and thus prices would decrease.

But US companies exporting oil is great for our economy in general, employing lots of highly-paid people, creating revenue for services from the taxes paid, reducing the trade deficit.

And there is also no way to stop them from doing so outside of nationalizing the industry.

What really bugs me is politicians working to make it more difficult for Americans to be supplied with abundant and cheap energy, while at the same time working to supply other nations with life-improving carbon-based fuels.

Cannot argue with you there

I still don't see your logic, but let's get back to the true purpose of this thread, which comes down to Blinken coming out and all but admitted US responsibility for the pipelines sabotage...............which is considered 'an act of war' and whether it is or not......Biden still played dirty to take over the supply

It is just your span that Blinken admitted that the US responsibility for the pipelines sabotage

Think of it this way..........how would you like it if Russia blew up our supply of exports to other countries, just so they could supply it instead and we'd lose that revenue & political standing on the world stage? I mean really, put the shoe on the other foot for a moment. You'd scream it was an act of war and want them bombed for taking control of our cash cow..........and this is the biggest concern for most of us at the moment. With or without proof of 'who dunit' Putin would have every reason to be pissed and ready to strike at the nation most likely to gain from it.

We do things all the time we would not stand for other countries doing to us.

Take the NordSteam pipeline for instance, the US sanctioned companies for working on it and did our best to make sure it did not get done. How would we all react if a country did that to us?

It is just your span that Blinken admitted that the US responsibility for the pipelines sabotage

We do things all the time we would not stand for other countries doing to us.

Take the NordSteam pipeline for instance, the US sanctioned companies for working on it and did our best to make sure it did not get done. How would we all react if a country did that to us?

I do hope you are right that the US isn't responsible, cause it would give Putin every excuse to retaliate. If any investigation of who is responsible turns up nothing......then just follow the money honey.

you people are so funny.

We are currently energy independent,. we are producing more than we consume. We are exporting more oil than at any time in our nations history.
That got that BDS straight up the butt crack.

You people are so funny.

And that's why are prices are so high and going up
Not exactly; The biggest driver of the cost of gas is the price of crude oil, which has been going up since October and is hovering around $120 a barrel, up from $70 a year ago. Russia’s war in Ukraine led the US and Europe to sanction Moscow, including its crude oil, which made up about 12 percent of the global market. (Before the war, the US got less than 4 percent of its oil from Russia, but those sanctions have affected oil markets globally by making it more expensive for others to access that oil.)

A second major driver of rising prices is the costs of refining crude oil. These costs are also going up: Refineries have shut down in the past few years, outpacing the new refineries being built. And while capacity has increased per refinery, most US refineries are already working at nearly full capacity. In short, demand for more refined oil has approached pre-pandemic levels, but refinery capacity hasn’t kept up.

The final two factors are how much it costs to get gas to your corner retail station and taxes. These are pretty marginal: Although some states have suspended their gas taxes, which pay for road improvement and highways, they make up a relatively small amount of the price.

I do hope you are right that the US isn't responsible, cause it would give Putin every excuse to retaliate. If any investigation of who is responsible turns up nothing......then just follow the money honey.
🤪:spinner:🤪:spinner:🤪:spinner:"Retaliate?" Am I missing something here? Are you brain dead? Seriously? Are you telling me, that a guy who said he would not invade Ukraine, who invaded Ukraine, should be given a popscicle so he doesn't "retaliate?" :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301: Dude,you are swimming in some more kind of stupid.

Forum List

Back