Seattle Vs New England

Carroll is pretty good in clutch situations. Wilson may be better. They had Wilson mic'd up for the Packer game and the conversation between him and Pete was interesting. Russell told Pete he was looking for a certain coverage..."Cover Zero" and if he saw it he would call the "check" which was a deep route to Kearse because there would be no "on top" or safety help. That perfect 35 yard pass from the pocket in overtime that won the game was Wilson's call.
I agree, but I go one further, Wilson thrives on pressure.

So does Tom Brady. It's a well known fact that the Patriots have come from behind to win games many times. Tom Brady is like a machine when he has his mind set on that end zone, especially when time is tight and they are behind. He can march right on down the field and score and has done so many times. :D

Pats by 10, at least.

I never said otherwise, Brady is good at rallying his team. I think Wilson thrives on it, his attitude reminds me of Stabler.

I don't know who Stabler is, so I can't comment on that.

Carroll is pretty good in clutch situations. Wilson may be better. They had Wilson mic'd up for the Packer game and the conversation between him and Pete was interesting. Russell told Pete he was looking for a certain coverage..."Cover Zero" and if he saw it he would call the "check" which was a deep route to Kearse because there would be no "on top" or safety help. That perfect 35 yard pass from the pocket in overtime that won the game was Wilson's call.

So does Tom Brady. It's a well known fact that the Patriots have come from behind to win games many times. Tom Brady is like a machine when he has his mind set on that end zone, especially when time is tight and they are behind. He can march right on down the field and score and has done so many times. :D

Pats by 10, at least.

I never said otherwise, Brady is good at rallying his team. I think Wilson thrives on it, his attitude reminds me of Stabler.

Pats by 10, at least.

Interesting. He seemed pretty good. Before my time though, that's why I didn't know who he was. Thanks. :)

Once or twice in a lifetime a QB comes along in a team that has a real knack for coming back from early poor performances. That is the nature of the comeback. A team doesn't fall behind by two or three scores if the QB is playing great.

Wilson's first signature comeback game will always be the game in Chicago. In that game Seattle came from behind it was 14 -10 and with 24 seconds on the clock Russell threw a 14 yard TD to Golden Tate to go ahead 17-10. Chicago miraculously got into position to kick a 47 yard FG to end the contest in a tie. THEN in OT not dissimilar to last Sunday's game drove straight down the field and threw a 13 yard OT TD pass to Rice for the win.

Refs are suppose to check the balls prior to the footballs going out to the field. Once out there, you have to deflate them in front of what? 40-60,000 fans? The refs have proven themselves to have serious judgments issues this post season. It is a nonissue, let's play some football! Best team wins without refs giving it to one team or the other.

Once or twice in a lifetime a QB comes along in a team that has a real knack for coming back from early poor performances. That is the nature of the comeback. A team doesn't fall behind by two or three scores if the QB is playing great.

Wilson's first signature comeback game will always be the game in Chicago. In that game Seattle came from behind it was 14 -10 and with 24 seconds on the clock Russell threw a 14 yard TD to Golden Tate to go ahead 17-10. Chicago miraculously got into position to kick a 47 yard FG to end the contest in a tie. THEN in OT not dissimilar to last Sunday's game drove straight down the field and threw a 13 yard OT TD pass to Rice for the win.

Sorry he isn't a once or twice in a lifetime type comeback QB.

Remember Manning, Montana, Elway, Marino, Young, Stabler, Staubach, they have comeback many times. Roethlisberger had a great comeback this year, also Farve, and Aikman and a long list of others.

I think you must have a shrine where you worship the Seahawks.

Can you name a coach better suited to deal with just that, Huggy? I know you Belichick haters don't want to admit it...but the guy is a borderline genius when it comes to mid-game strategy. Time after time when it looked like the Patriots were in for a dog fight...they came out of the halftime locker room and smoked the opposition. That isn't "cheating"...that's simply being a better coach than the other guy.

Ya. I'll take Carroll and his staff to come up with a winning second half strategy.

I don't "hate" Belichick. Nothing I have posted would indicate I hate Belichick.

I don't respect cheaters and liars. I believe Belichick is both. Same goes for Brady.

Pete Carroll left USC one step ahead of NCAA sanctions that crippled the program. You have a strange concept of what constitutes "cheating".

That and Seattle leading the NFL in PED suspensions since Carroll arrived there.

Add to that the preseason practice violations.

Report Seahawks fined stripped of minicamp days for violating no-contact practice rules ProFootballTalk

I don't see Carroll and the Hawks much different than Belichick and the Pats.

If you are going to spread this crap on every thread I will correct you on every thread. The honor of being the leader in PED suspensions since Carroll's arrival goes to the Giants and in no single season did Seattle lead the NFL in suspensions.

NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Seahawks lead in PED bans under Pete Carroll - ESPN

This doesn't include Sherman's violation which was overturned because the specimen was leaking.

You also didn't include the practice fine over the summer, it doesn't include Carroll's cheating at USC.

Out of respect for Huggy I will not respond to this or anything else not having to do with the actual game on this thread. If you like I can respond on any of the several other threads where you have spread this bullshit. I will say nothing further about it here

Actually I think my favorite 4th quarter comeback victory was his second one. It was a 2012 game and Wilson was in his 6th start as a professional. The defense was good but nothing like they are now. With 9:21 left in the game Seattle is down 23-10 and Wilson goes on a tear scoring two touchdowns including a fantastic 46 yard touchdown strike to take a 24-23 lead with 1:18 left. God who was that game against? I can't seem to remember...it's on the tip of my tongue. Anyone help me out?

ok to the topic at hand instead of all the other crap. To me it's all about rushing and probabilities. For example:

- LaGarrette Blount ran 30 times for 148 (4.9 ypc ave) and the Patriots ran 40 times for 177 yards (4.4 ypc) against the Colts. The Colts are ranked 23rd in yards per carry allowed and 19th in rushing defense DVOA at -6.6%. Neither Blount nor New England as a whole have done anything all year to replicate those numbers and in fact against Baltimore Blount rushed for 0.3 ypc and the Patriots ran for 1.1 ypc as a team. Baltimore is 3rd in the NFL in yards per carry allowed at 3.6 and 5th in rushing defense DVOA at -19.3%. Seattle is 2nd in ypc allowed at 3.4 and 2nd in rushing defense DVOA at -25.1%. Which is more probable? That New England will run like they did against Indianapolis or like they did against Baltimore? It's more probable that they will get shut down again.

- Both Indianapolis and Baltimore ran well against New England (although neither of them did it enough) at 4.4 and 4.9 ypc respectively. New England is a respectable 9th in ypc allowed at 4.0 but a very mediocre 14th in rushing defense DVOA at -10.4 (or just slightly better than the Colts rushing defense). But Baltimore is 18th in rushing DVOA at -6.0% where Indianapolis is a depressing 27th at -15.9%. Seattle on the other hand is 1st at 29.9% DVOA. What is more probable? That New England will shut down Lynch and contain Wilson or that Lynch and Wilson will run at will against the Patriots? Obviously, it's more probable that the Seahawks will run at will.

- I could do a similar exercise with the passing games but I already did once on another thread. It's quite simple....in order to beat Seattle you must do three things....1) run the ball, 2) create turnovers, 3) stop the big play. It is unlikely that New England will be able to run or stop the run. Seattle creates turnovers especially when the other team is passing....Rodgers, Manning, and even Brady can attest to that. Seattle leads the NFL in big plays over 20 yards.

While anything can happen and is possible, it's far more probable that the running games will determine the winner and that favors Seattle.

Seattle wins 31-23

Just a suggested betting strategy for those who care. The statistics and probabilities heavily favor Seattle. As with everything we are talking probabilities here so even if the Patriots happen to win big....it could happen, it's just not likely. Much like last year's Super Bowl. It was probable that Seattle would win (that's why most of the professional gamblers bet on Seattle). It was improbable that they would win by the score they did...but they did.

Last year the Super Bowl line opened at Seattle -2.5. Then it swung back the other way. This year it opened at Seattle -2.5 and it swung back to pick 'em. Since the line is set by how much money is being laid in order to get an even amount of money on both sides (and not by who Vegas actually thinks will win), the smart move is to wait until the line swings more toward the Patriots and then bet on Seattle.

The statistical probabilities favor Seattle, but because most people bet with their hearts and not their heads and because New England has a larger fan base, the majority of the amateur money will go on New England and that will swing the line (this has already happened actually but it has stalled because of the uncertainty regarding possible suspensions). It seems that, while New England may face some penalties it won't happen before the Super Bowl and after Belichick's (BS) explanation today, the line will again increase toward New England.

The whales (big bettors) will drop everything hard on Seattle just before kickoff (barring some freak injury or suspension). Wait until the line gets to favor New England by a point...hopefully two...and drop big on Seattle. You may lose, you may win....anything can happen on any given day....but the numbers favor Seattle by 9 or 10.

Are seahawks fans known for being assholes? Or do they just have a band of online faggots in america who whore for them? I can think of some real football(what you guys call "soccer") in Europe that have the same fans. Hopefully most people hate them yes?

I don't know anything about the game. But based on all this nonsense, I think the Patriots will win. Generally, the teams that talk trash and the media that talks trash will result in the team getting attacked rising above and winning in my opinion. Patriots will win by a good deal. I bet football, not american football, but have thought about laying a bet on Patriots to win straight because of this.

Are seahawks fans known for being assholes? Or do they just have a band of online faggots in america who whore for them? I can think of some real football(what you guys call "soccer") in Europe that have the same fans. Hopefully most people hate them yes?

I don't know anything about the game. But based on all this nonsense, I think the Patriots will win. Generally, the teams that talk trash and the media that talks trash will result in the team getting attacked rising above and winning in my opinion. Patriots will win by a good deal. I bet football, not american football, but have thought about laying a bet on Patriots to win straight because of this.

You are an idiot. Let's get that out of the way from the start.

You know NOTHING yet trot right into areas that require some expertise.

I hope you mortgage all your real estate and liquid assets and bet on NE. You obviously are in need of a serious life's lesson.

Every team and city has a certain % of it's asshole fans. Seattle is no different with the statistical deviation that Seattle is known as one of the most polite cities in the U S bending the curve towards less assholes per ca pita.

One statistic that the betting public should consider is that Seattle hasn't lost a football game in over two years by more than around ten points.

More stats..

They have allowed an average of less than 10 points scored against them in their last 7 games.

The 4th qtr stats are rediculous in the Seahawk's favor. Something in the neighborhood of 150-20 in a butt load of successive games.

If New England expects to win they had better get ahead by more than three scores by halftime.

Ya. I'll take Carroll and his staff to come up with a winning second half strategy.

I don't "hate" Belichick. Nothing I have posted would indicate I hate Belichick.

I don't respect cheaters and liars. I believe Belichick is both. Same goes for Brady.

Pete Carroll left USC one step ahead of NCAA sanctions that crippled the program. You have a strange concept of what constitutes "cheating".

That and Seattle leading the NFL in PED suspensions since Carroll arrived there.

Add to that the preseason practice violations.

Report Seahawks fined stripped of minicamp days for violating no-contact practice rules ProFootballTalk

I don't see Carroll and the Hawks much different than Belichick and the Pats.

If you are going to spread this crap on every thread I will correct you on every thread. The honor of being the leader in PED suspensions since Carroll's arrival goes to the Giants and in no single season did Seattle lead the NFL in suspensions.

NFL Players say Brady is lying about not knowing the balls deflated Page 9 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Seahawks lead in PED bans under Pete Carroll - ESPN

This doesn't include Sherman's violation which was overturned because the specimen was leaking.

You also didn't include the practice fine over the summer, it doesn't include Carroll's cheating at USC.

Out of respect for Huggy I will not respond to this or anything else not having to do with the actual game on this thread. If you like I can respond on any of the several other threads where you have spread this bullshit. I will say nothing further about it here

Can't refute it,, okay, no problem.

Actually I think my favorite 4th quarter comeback victory was his second one. It was a 2012 game and Wilson was in his 6th start as a professional. The defense was good but nothing like they are now. With 9:21 left in the game Seattle is down 23-10 and Wilson goes on a tear scoring two touchdowns including a fantastic 46 yard touchdown strike to take a 24-23 lead with 1:18 left. God who was that game against? I can't seem to remember...it's on the tip of my tongue. Anyone help me out?

Not seeing what this has to do with the Seattle New England game, maybe you should start a favorite Seattle game thread. :lmao:

So your conclusion is that since Seahawks fans seem to talk trash they will lose and you are willing to bet money on that. Yikes

So your conclusion is that since Seahawks fans seem to talk trash they will lose and you are willing to bet money on that. Yikes
My conclusion is that since Seahawk fans trash talk and go off on dumb rants, then they are some of the dumbest fans in the league, I just spent two years in Seattle and the BS in the media and from fans has been amazing, you would think that they were a specially group of gifted people. They are like every other NFL city, nothing different or special. Indianapolis fans are a lot more down to earth as are Arizona fans SF fans, Cowboy fans and Pats fans are a little out there, not as far as Seattle but close enough.

Not really. I think you have entirely misunderstood me. I think trash talk by fans, media, and seahawks team along with the fact the patriots have one of the best quarterbacks of all time that could make history will propel and motivate them to victory.

Honestly, I think you nerds focus too much on numbers and paper statistics which always change a fluctuate and represent the past, when games are won with heart and raw talent on the field. Just from what I see, the Seahawks don't have the talent or the correct spirit to result in a championship.

Forum List

Back