Season 5, Game of Thrones

Kind of sucks really. I won't get HBO for just one show, and everything else on HBO is garbage...so I'll have to wait until next fall and binge watch the entire season....

So no spoilers until then...y'all hear?

Good point. I can't think of another show I like watching other than GoT on HBO. Then again I can't think of another show I like on Starz and Showtime other than Black Sails.

I might have to rethink the premium channels and finally go with NetFlixs

My 5 fav characters has to change by one, since the Hound died. I need a fifth replacement. Maybe Daario!
(1) Tyrion
(2) Danny
(3) Arya
(4) Bronn

My 5 fav characters has to change by one, since the Hound died. I need a fifth replacement. Maybe Daario!
(1) Tyrion
(2) Danny
(3) Arya
(4) Bronn

Davos should be on that list.

(1) Tyrion
(2) Danny
(3) Arya
(4) Bronn

Mine are:

1) Tyrion
2) Arya
3) Sam
4) Jamie
5) Sir Davos
6) Brienne
7) Sansa (she became much more interesting last season)

I like Dany, but her character doesn't inspire much affection. I also like the Hound, but as he is dead, he's not on the list for this year.

Yarra is an upcoming character to like, imo.

My favorite 5:

1. Daenerys
2. Arya
3. Tyrion
4. Baelish
5. Davos

I can't wait for Sunday!

mr. boe is on notice that I expect absolute peace and quiet from 6pm to 10pm while I watch the new episode four times in a row.

(1) Tyrion
(2) Danny
(3) Arya
(4) Bronn

Davos should be on that list.

Oh yes ! I should have him on mine. I adore The Onion Knight!

He is one of my absolute favorites in the book as well. The actor that plays him does a wonderful of portraying the character.

When HBO comes out with a viable streaming option, which they said they would, but instead joined up with Amazon WITHOUT Game of Thrones...I will pay for it.
Until then - I pirate the show. I get the show one day after it is shown on HBO in full HD for free. I would rather pay for it and watch it honestly, but HBO chose not to do so - so I am sure it will remain the #2 most pirated TV show next to Walking Dead.

My favorite 5:

1. Daenerys
2. Arya
3. Tyrion
4. Baelish
5. Davos

Oh, I can't stand Baelish! I'd put Varys on my list before him.
It was a toss up b/c they are both so cunning and have all sorts of schemes going on.

There's a big difference between the two. Baelish is just out for himself; he lies to people and stabs them in the back. Varys truly wants to "serve the realm". He may not get involved to help people (i.e., Ned Stark in the dungeon), but he's very up front about it and his reasons.

Future hints:

Cersei is actually worse than Joffrey was.

Arya is a sociopath.

Jaime is the normalest Lannister (not a high bar to clear, admittedly). Losing his hand was the best thing that ever happened to him - as a human being.

Did we really see the Hound die? Hmmm.

Everybody loves Margaery Tyrell. Everybody. Woe to the person to messes with her.

Future hints:

Cersei is actually worse than Joffrey was.
A horrible person no doubt, but Joffrey holds the torch on evil!

Arya is a sociopath.
An old USMB poster called Ollie (military guy) used to state that Arya becomes the character. I am looking forward to her becoming a ruthless assassin!

Jaime is the normalest Lannister (not a high bar to clear, admittedly). Losing his hand was the best thing that ever happened to him - as a human being.
I like the actor who plays him, but as for the character turning the other leaf? The jury is still out. He raped his sister, he didn't live up to his oath to free Sansa, after the Starks lost everything by freeing him and he doesn't that great of a person!

Did we really see the Hound die? Hmmm.
I hope that is the case, but I think he is dead.

Everybody loves Margaery Tyrell. Everybody. Woe to the person to messes with her.
Good actress, good character, she appears to have some morals and is hot, what's not to like?

Everybody all caught up? New season starts Sunday! Can't wait!!

I can't wait, either! I finished all the books back in 2011 - and have watched seasons 1 through 4. I'm rewatching 4 this week. That was an awesome season - especially episodes 2, 6, 8, 9 and 10.

Last edited:
Maybe its just me, but I don't much like Arya. Not a margaery fan either. Jaime did not rape his sister. She raped him...and her younger brother as well. The only reason she didn't do Tyrion was because he is a dwarf. Cersei is awful. I dislike her so much it spilled into the actress herself. Kinda like how I disliked Gemma so much on SoA I now don't want to watch anything Katey is in.

I saw Cersei in an interview and I didn't like her IRL either. I like Arya a lot, the season ended with her so she will play an important role this season. Can't wait until she meets up with John Snow, I wonder where that will go. I'm going to try and watch some of S4 this weekend but we've been rained in all week and this weekend is supposed to be beautiful so maybe at some point.

Maybe its just me, but I don't much like Arya. Not a margaery fan either. Jaime did not rape his sister. She raped him...and her younger brother as well. The only reason she didn't do Tyrion was because he is a dwarf. Cersei is awful. I dislike her so much it spilled into the actress herself. Kinda like how I disliked Gemma so much on SoA I now don't want to watch anything Katey is in.

Margaery in the series is more likeable than the book version. I love her grandmother Olenna (the scene with her and Tywin to discuss the betrothals was fantastic - two incredible actors facing off).

Arya is a wild girl who didn't fit in as a "lady" - and is now fighting to survive in a world that is not very friendly to young girls wandering on their own. She's not warm and fuzzy, but if she's on your side, she has your back.

Cersei is evil personified. She had a psychic shock as a child (her mother dying) which has poisoned her life. Her father marrying her off to a man who didn't love her didn't help.

Forum List

Back