Searching for America's starving children

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?
They are not hard to find. Many areas of the country have poor neighborhoods, unemployed parents, disabled parents, and very little to eat. Have you ever heard of the people that live in the Appalachian Mountains? A little research will reveal poor and depressed areas all across this nation. You may not see them with your own eyes, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Also, entire families are homeless, living in tent cities, and some even eating out of trash cans. It wasn't that long ago that many food pantries had empty shelves. Have you even seen the crowds that gather when churches hand out donated food? Have you even seen little kids panhandling outside grocery stores? Have you ever heard of community food drives that gather can goods for needy families? Have you ever heard of kids getting their only meals during the day while at school?

Believe me, the poor do exist, and their numbers are growing as we speak. A little research may open your eyes to the poverty in this country.

I handout food at my Church and we throw in a little extra depending on the size of the family. The Post Office collects canned goods every few months and donates them to various churches food banks. The US is at a record high in food stamp recipients. If a kid is going hungry, they only have their parent(s) to blame.

You see the signs everywhere, promoted by lying organizations like feedingamerica.org (taxpayer funded). Apparently 1 in 5 children in this country are starving. Millions of them!

164155-168801.jpg

Now I'm looking everywhere for the emaciated skeletons like I grew up watching on TV shows on Ethiopian famines, but I keep seeing all these well fed youngsters inhaling Doritos and Coke while outdoing their last high score on Xbox.

I'm perplexed because if 20% of kids are suffering the cruel pangs of starvation, should they be this hard to find?
They are not hard to find. Many areas of the country have poor neighborhoods, unemployed parents, disabled parents, and very little to eat. Have you ever heard of the people that live in the Appalachian Mountains? A little research will reveal poor and depressed areas all across this nation. You may not see them with your own eyes, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Also, entire families are homeless, living in tent cities, and some even eating out of trash cans. It wasn't that long ago that many food pantries had empty shelves. Have you even seen the crowds that gather when churches hand out donated food? Have you even seen little kids panhandling outside grocery stores? Have you ever heard of community food drives that gather can goods for needy families? Have you ever heard of kids getting their only meals during the day while at school?

Believe me, the poor do exist, and their numbers are growing as we speak. A little research may open your eyes to the poverty in this country.

I handout food at my Church and we throw in a little extra depending on the size of the family. The Post Office collects canned goods every few months and donates them to various churches food banks. The US is at a record high in food stamp recipients. If a kid is going hungry, they only have their parent(s) to blame.
Thank you for taking care of them.

164155-168801.jpg

Child Hunger Poverty Fact Sheet Feeding America

San Diego Hunger Coalition

States where the most children go hungry

For Republicans it's not enough to see studies. They want to see children suffering. They want the kids crying from hunger. Then they will tell the mother it's her fault for having a kids she can't take care of.
Wow, a lot of people saying the same lie. Where are those starving children? Because I'm told that if I go to a school and into a classroom of 30 kids, I should find 6 of them who go hungry. Are there 6 kids in every classroom that are starving?

The only one lying in this thread has been you.

No one has claimed that children in America are starving- not the link that you posted- not anyone here.

That is entirely your lie.

Why do you lie about this in order to attack the organizations trying to feed poor and hungry Americans?

I don't know.
Actually I praise those organizations and support them with my donations. It's because of them that 16 million children are NOT starving. You got me all wrong.

There are far too may poor people living in Food Deserts. Neighborhoods without supermarkets offering fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh dairy and fresh meats. Far too many people have access only to conveinence stores or neighborhood bodegas. Where the food options are slight and poor.

Far too many people must endure long trips just to get to a grocer, and then a long trip home schlepping their groceries.

Too many Conservatives dismiss poverty as a chapter flaw claiming the poor are lazy and shiftless without fully understanding their problems. Why? Because it's the easy way out of actually finding solutions. Acting on anecdote rather than fact, greed rather than compassion.

Yeah, this is Somalia in the dust bowl. Poor waifs stepping over the dead bodies of those who collapsed in the streets from starvation, because they couldn't find a market within a thousand miles.

ROFL

The fucking lies you piles of shit tell - I suspect you believe your own lies - so as to support your evil political goals..

This is why I have that confused little black boy on ignore.

Hey rocket scientist, those grocery stores that are gone is because you folks rioted and burned them down.

Otherwise they could not make a profit catering to money less citizens like you.

Why would you think there are no grocery stores??

Do you think those republican business owners didn't build them in those shit hole slum area's for what reason??

A capitalist sees no color other than green.

Listen up, far right WHINOs.

The facts and evidence in this thread clearly prove that there is hunger and malnutrition among our poverty youth, and some of those have starved.

Your unsupported opinion against the facts is lunacy. Some of you have learned some hard lessons today about content, flaming, facts, etc. Don't forget them.

Stupid statement: "But you can't have it both ways, spending billions on hunger battling programs and then still insisting that 16 million Americans are somehow still hungry." Yes, we can. What you can argue, and I would support you, is to argue make those billions spent more efficiently.

The facts and evidence in this thread clearly prove that there is hunger and malnutrition among our poverty youth, and some of those have starved.

Your unsupported opinion against the facts is lunacy. Some of you have learned some hard lessons today about content, flaming, facts, etc. Don't forget them.
^^^ a peculiar combination of butthurt and desperation.

There are far too may poor people living in Food Deserts. Neighborhoods without supermarkets offering fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh dairy and fresh meats. Far too many people have access only to conveinence stores or neighborhood bodegas. Where the food options are slight and poor.

Far too many people must endure long trips just to get to a grocer, and then a long trip home schlepping their groceries.

Too many Conservatives dismiss poverty as a chapter flaw claiming the poor are lazy and shiftless without fully understanding their problems. Why? Because it's the easy way out of actually finding solutions. Acting on anecdote rather than fact, greed rather than compassion.

Yeah, this is Somalia in the dust bowl. Poor waifs stepping over the dead bodies of those who collapsed in the streets from starvation, because they couldn't find a market within a thousand miles.

ROFL

The fucking lies you piles of shit tell - I suspect you believe your own lies - so as to support your evil political goals..
Idiot! No one claimed "starvation". It's hunger and the lack of access to healthy foods that's the problem in this, one of the world's richest nations.

But, Conservatives in their zeal to dismiss actual problems along with the poor will charge up any issue with their preternatural ability to deny, excuse, ignore and evade.

^^^ :crybaby:a projection of one who was caught up short and lessoned. That will always be the case, my friend. Learn from it. :slap:

Last edited:
Idiot! No one claimed "starvation". It's hunger and the lack of access to healthy foods that's the problem in this, one of the world's richest nations.

But, Conservatives in their zeal to dismiss actual problems along with the poor will charge up any issue with their preternatural ability to deny, excuse, ignore and evade.

Idiot, you are demagogues. You spread slander and libel in your lust for power. Because no one would want to see a child go hungry, you demagogues lie that "1 in 5 children in America go hungry." It's a complete fucking lie, you know it, I know it, but because you have zero integrity, not a hint, you use it to promote the goals of gaining power by the party. So where are these starving children? Simple answer - they don't exist. The are a fabrication of the filthy demagogues of the left - who cynically exploit children in their lust for power.

Try volunteering at your local soup kitchen, it may open your eyes to the true poverty of our nation.

I have, and the way our alcoholic and substance abusing population is handled is terrible. But it has nothing to do with "starving children."

I am an addiction counselor and have put in many hours into several homes for pregnant women, women with children, and men, who by the way went to the soup kitchen daily with their children before they were excepted into the programs..

We get them off the street, clean and sorber to have a better life with their children. Some relapse, and the children are taken away.
You have No idea what your talking about, it has a lot to do with the children.

Try volunteering at your local soup kitchen, it may open your eyes to the true poverty of our nation.

I have, and the way our alcoholic and substance abusing population is handled is terrible. But it has nothing to do with "starving children."

I am an addiction counselor and have put in many hours into several homes for pregnant women, women with children, and men, who by the way went to the soup kitchen daily with their children before they were excepted into the programs..

We get them off the street, clean and sorber to have a better life with their children. Some relapse, and the children are taken away.
What does that have to do with the outlandish claim that 16 million children are starving? Do you really believe that the hard cases you deal with really represent 20% of America's children? If you had a working bullshit meter, it should be screaming at you.

^^^ :crybaby:a projection of one who was caught up short and lessoned. That will always be the case, my friend. Learn from it. :slap:
Uh huh. Go report some more posts, poop stain.

saintmichael is now lying. These are his words, no one else's: "What does that have to do with the outlandish claim that 16 million children are starving?" Your priest would ask why you are being a bad RC.

When you deliberately break the rules, you get your butt kicked. You and I have a history here, mike, and that will always be the result: I will kick your butt. Always. :) Now to the OP: no one every said 16 million children were starving. Go report yourself to your priest. You are a disgrace.

As I said, those who are homeless are engaged in substance abuse, you even acknowledged it. Those who are on the street with children get them taken away pretty quickly - you know this.

1 in 5 children going hungry is a direct lie - you know this as well. 1 in 2000 is probably closer to the truth - and those because the authorities haven't caught up with substance abusing parents.

When you deliberately break the rules, you get your butt kicked. You and I have a history here, mike, and that will always be the result: I will kick your butt. Always. :) Now to the OP: no one every said 16 million children were starving. Go report yourself to your priest. You are a disgrace.
Good. We agree then that 1 out of 5 children in this country are not starving. See? That wasn't so hard.

Forum List

Back