Sean Penn's 'Green Card' Comment May Have Ruined The Entire Oscars

Oopsie, another darling of the liberal left lets out his true inner being. Latinos are nothing more then people the left has to take care of, of course for their vote that is. Sad the liberal mindset.

As he prepared to announce Alejandro González Iñárritu's "Birdman" as the film of the year, Penn made a reference to the Mexican director's immigration status.

“Who gave this son of a bitch his green card?" Penn said right before announcing the winner.

Sean Penn s Green Card Comment May Have Ruined The Entire Oscars
What killed the Oscars was giving American Sniper a token reward while giving all the best rewards to Leftists films. I stopped believing them as any authority on what movies were the best after they ignored Passion of the Christ even thought it was a blockbuster hit that broke records. They aren't objective, they are Leftists.

Sorry, but that movie didn't deserve any Oscars. It was terrible, no matter how many people saw it. Popularity does not make a movie good.
A lot of people disagree with you. They voted with their feet.

And many people went to see Iron Man 3. That didn't make it a good movie. One Direction sells a lot of music- is their music good? Or Kanye West's music?

Oopsie, another darling of the liberal left lets out his true inner being. Latinos are nothing more then people the left has to take care of, of course for their vote that is. Sad the liberal mindset.

As he prepared to announce Alejandro González Iñárritu's "Birdman" as the film of the year, Penn made a reference to the Mexican director's immigration status.

“Who gave this son of a bitch his green card?" Penn said right before announcing the winner.

You realize he was making a joke, right?
Got any idea what the logic behind it is ? Got to admit. I'm baffled by it. (unless he really doesn't like the guy) Joke or not, everything has a point in it somewhere. I can't find this one.

Logic? It's humor. Don't read too much into it.

The two guys are friends. He was busting the guys chops. It's something liberals do to their friends of different races, creeds and sexual orientations.

Not something (different race,creed or sexual orientation) right wingers would have any experience with or knowledge of.
You all have a stick stuck to far up your ass to understand liberal humor.

I can understand that, Penn just didn't realize that there was an actual audience. Which if things keep going that will soon be true.

What killed the Oscars was giving American Sniper a token reward while giving all the best rewards to Leftists films. I stopped believing them as any authority on what movies were the best after they ignored Passion of the Christ even thought it was a blockbuster hit that broke records. They aren't objective, they are Leftists.

Sorry, but that movie didn't deserve any Oscars. It was terrible, no matter how many people saw it. Popularity does not make a movie good.

And many people went to see Iron Man 3. That didn't make it a good movie. One Direction sells a lot of music- is their music good? Or Kanye West's music?

The Passion is very similar to Selma. It strikes in emotional cord with viewers, but overall the quality of the film isn't anything special.

A joke?

SO if I were inducing a black guy and I said "when did this guy get out jail"....you would say "it was a joke" while half the country is calling me a racist?

A joke?

SO if I were inducing a black guy and I said "when did this guy get out jail"....you would say "it was a joke" while half the country is calling me a racist?

The sad thing is that Penn is an idiot. His joke is that people are against green cards when EXACTLY the opposite is true. People unlike Penn, are against ILLEGAL immigration not legal immigration. I am not sure what is wrong with the left, apparently they all are brain damaged like Hillary.

The two guys are friends. He was busting the guys chops. It's something liberals do to their friends of different races, creeds and sexual orientations.

Not something (different race,creed or sexual orientation) right wingers would have any experience with or knowledge of.
You all have a stick stuck to far up your ass to understand liberal humor.
liberal humor?

Excuse me, but I have been told that any humor that attacks ones race, creed or sexual orientation is off limits.

I did not know that liberals get to make their own rules.

As for your second paragraph....you have a very immature view of conservatism.....one that is portrayed by those that do not understand conservatism and regurgitated by those that are too lazy or too stupid to try to understand conservatism.

A joke?

The sad thing is that Penn is an idiot. His joke is that people are against green cards when EXACTLY the opposite is true. People unlike Penn, are against ILLEGAL immigration not legal immigration. I am not sure what is wrong with the left, apparently they all are brain damaged like Hillary.
Even our "leaders" like Harry Reid seem to not get the difference between being against illegal immigration and legal immigration.

Exactly what conservative politician wants to stop allowing immigrants in the country legally?

Anyone?

The Passion is very similar to Selma. It strikes in emotional cord with viewers, but overall the quality of the film isn't anything special.

the big difference between the two, POC appealed to all segments of society and set box office records. Selma on the other hand only really appealed to no one, we are are fatigued about race. If the movie is not popular then why does it win? I never even heard of the winner until the Oscars.

A joke?

Hey, if it was asked at a hip hop or rap awards show, it would be a legit question. Right?

I did not know that liberals get to make their own rules.

Well why the fuck not? You all accuse Democrats of doing this every day.

As for your second paragraph....you have a very immature view of conservatism.....one that is portrayed by those that do not understand conservatism and regurgitated by those that are too lazy or too stupid to try to understand conservatism.

Immature view eh? And you have a stick up your ass. Right? LMAO.

First of all- the Oscars were ruined long before Penn talked- what a snorer.

Secondly- Alejandro Gonzalez is a friend of Penn's- yeah and sometimes friends say stuff like that to friends.

Do.....do you really think Latino's buy your argument?

birdman...
i wish michael keaton would post here, he is among the very beat America.

Hmmmm...

You sound like a left wing elitist college professor who thinks most everyone lacks taste to know what a good movie is, that the third rate "art" movies nobody watches are the ones only sophisticated and liberal (of course) minds can appreciate.

Well here's another rating system that gets Hollywood's attention more that yours....how much money it makes. You see, the fairest arbiter of the quality of a movie is how many people want to see it. This system isn't subject to your snotty aristocracy, you stuck up Leftist friends deciding what a good movie is and giving awards to the most Leftist films regardless of whether people went to see it or not.

Passion of the Christ is a great film by the only standard that matters.

Sean Penn? You mean that sleazy-assed, pseudo-intellectual, liberal twit that had his camera crew follow him in boats as he toured the flood waters of Katrina sipping on his martini.

What an arrogant failure he is!

Hmmmm...

You sound like a left wing elitist college professor who thinks most everyone lacks taste to know what a good movie is, that the third rate "art" movies nobody watches are the ones only sophisticated and liberal (of course) minds can appreciate.

Well here's another rating system that gets Hollywood's attention more that yours....how much money it makes. You see, the fairest arbiter of the quality of a movie is how many people want to see it. This system isn't subject to your snotty aristocracy, you stuck up Leftist friends deciding what a good movie is and giving awards to the most Leftist films regardless of whether people went to see it or not.

Passion of the Christ is a great film by the only standard that matters.

By that logic, you force yourself to admit that because Kanye West sells a lot of music his music is good. Or any of that techno-crap. Or trashy romance novels. Or that Barack Obama is a good president.

Sorry, popularity does not equal good. It just means something has the broadest appeal or a large niche demographic.

P.S. I don't typically like artsy movies. Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite film makers and movie stars regardless of his politics.

Sean Penn? You mean that sleazy-assed, pseudo-intellectual, liberal twit that had his camera crew follow him in boats as he toured the flood waters of Katrina sipping on his martini.

What an arrogant failure he is!
Yeah, the same guy that goes down to South America to pal around with communist dictators while the people starve. A real evil slime.

Forum List

Back