SCOTUS rules against warrantless seizure of guns while man is in hospital for suicide evaluation

Hurray, now I can take my guns with me when I go to the hospitals for operations....get ready for the wild west to reignite in da USA, who's gonna play the Indians?

Maybe this court can tell the gestapo that the Drug War is illegal?

You have the best random word generator! Made in China right?

They should have followed it or not tried to steal his guns.
I realize it wasn't targeted at Red Flag nonsense. I just hope that when the Feds or more states begin to pass these power grabs the SCOTUS will come out for citizen's rights because that kind of tyranny simply won't fly for long. It's apt to turn VERY ugly for LEOs. Most of that legislation I've seen has basically given credence to anonymous accusations. On the strength of them, cops descend, take weapons, arrest and even if the defendant is completely cleared, they have to fight to get the guns returned. THAT is BS of the highest order and deserves a kick in the teeth to whoever is pushing it.
There needs to be some kind of "Red Flag" system available. People don't take responsibility for family members that have lost rationality, like they used to. We took weapons and keys away from dad's control as Alzheimer progressed. Mother-in-law stashed all her then husband's weapons with family members after he became violent. A court proceeding where others, including law enforcement can present evidence and the person can present a defense is the only thing I can think of besides waiting until after reading of another murder suicide. Suicide is bad enough, but you really ought to choose to do it before you start killing wives, husband, kids and neighbors. The mentally unbalanced often get the order of operation dead wrong.
there is court proceedings for such things. They could have done that, the family could as well.

but if they just wanted the guns...for the night there is a court proceeding for that too...go get a warrant or at least try to

Hurray, now I can take my guns with me when I go to the hospitals for operations....get ready for the wild west to reignite in da USA, who's gonna play the Indians?

They've repealed all Drug laws?

where does this opinion say you can take your guns to the hospital for an operation?

and since when is making drugs illegal, illegal? and what does that have to do with this opinion?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but considering the guy's current mental status, can he be sold more ammunition if his weapon(s) were to be returned to him completely bone dry?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but considering the guy's current mental status, can he be sold more ammunition if his weapon(s) were to be returned to him completely bone dry?

Holly
It's not a dumb question, it's insightful, in my opinion.
Thank you. If he has been in the hands of the authorities, I guess that they may have the right to get his photograph out there to every place that sells ammunition?

Holly

Holly
It's not a dumb question, it's insightful, in my opinion.
Thank you. If he has been in the hands of the authorities, I guess that they may have the right to get his photograph out there to every place that sells ammunition?

Holly
Distributing his photo in an attempt to prevent him from purchasing that he's not legally prohibited from acquiring seems like crossing the line on behalf of the police, or anyone actually. The victim still has rights, including privacy rights.

Tell us again that democrats don't want to take our guns, since they went to court to allow police to search homes for guns without warrants.........

They should have followed it or not tried to steal his guns.
I realize it wasn't targeted at Red Flag nonsense. I just hope that when the Feds or more states begin to pass these power grabs the SCOTUS will come out for citizen's rights because that kind of tyranny simply won't fly for long. It's apt to turn VERY ugly for LEOs. Most of that legislation I've seen has basically given credence to anonymous accusations. On the strength of them, cops descend, take weapons, arrest and even if the defendant is completely cleared, they have to fight to get the guns returned. THAT is BS of the highest order and deserves a kick in the teeth to whoever is pushing it.
There needs to be some kind of "Red Flag" system available. People don't take responsibility for family members that have lost rationality, like they used to. We took weapons and keys away from dad's control as Alzheimer progressed. Mother-in-law stashed all her then husband's weapons with family members after he became violent. A court proceeding where others, including law enforcement can present evidence and the person can present a defense is the only thing I can think of besides waiting until after reading of another murder suicide. Suicide is bad enough, but you really ought to choose to do it before you start killing wives, husband, kids and neighbors. The mentally unbalanced often get the order of operation dead wrong.

There can be. The court didn't rule that there could not be. They ruled that no one can lose their Constitutional protections without Due Process. There were no arguments here from the court that you should just let the government violate your rights and then sort it out in court. They ruled it can't be done.

Now we need to have the discussion whether or not there might be times we need to address people with guns. There might be. I'm not against that as long as we protect their due process rights and Constitutional protections.

This idea must be expanded to all levels of police force. NO violating people's rights, period.

Tell us again that democrats don't want to take our guns, since they went to court to allow police to search homes for guns without warrants.........

Trump made it so that you could be arrested for owning a bump stop.

And? Of the two, Trump banning bump stocks was less of a problem than hilary who wanted to pack the courts with anti-gun judges and who would have put two anti-gun extremists on the Supreme Court.....and planned on using the DOJ to go after gun makers and gun stores....

If you can't understand the difference you really need help..

And? Of the two, Trump banning bump stocks was less of a problem than hilary who wanted to pack the courts with anti-gun judges and who would have put two anti-gun extremists on the Supreme Court.....and planned on using the DOJ to go after gun makers and gun stores....

Trump said he supported red flag laws. Take the guns and ask questions later he said. I'm not trying to defend Hillary.

Could you miss the point more than you just did?...lol

Great opinion. Leftist have eroded the 4th for so long its good to see an opinion still holding it strong
Yeah, the Drug War ruined asset forfeiture(4th and 14th amendments) and made thieves out of cops and judges and you can blame Saint Reagan for that bit of oppression....

You're not going to blame the Democrat Congress that called the shots during the 80's? They're the ones who actually created the law.

May 17 (UPI) -- The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ruled that a doctrine allowing police to carry out searches without a warrant in some cases does not apply to entering private homes.

In a 9-0 decision, the court determined that police officers overstepped their bounds when they seized two handguns from the home of a Rhode Island man without a warrant after he had been involved in a heated argument with his wife.

Go home gun wankers.

The Supreme Court has already ruled that forfeiture laws were not being followed by state and federal agencies and Oblama stopped the feds and then Trump gets elected and allows the illegal confiscation to start again.

Trump said he supported red flag laws. Take the guns and ask questions later he said. I'm not trying to defend Hillary.

Yes....Trump didn't know anything about the issue.....but our side can convince him it is wrong. Their side wants those laws...big difference.

Between Trump, a guy who isn't concerned about gun control vs. hilary and the democrats, there is no comparison....

Forum List

Back