SCOTUS Hat Trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
In a move that surprised no rational adult, the SCOTUS struck down the deadbeat student loan forgiveness program. That’s three great decisions in a row. I’ve always contended that the real victory in 2016 was the court appointments that came with the results.

In a move that surprised no rational adult, the SCOTUS struck down the deadbeat student loan forgiveness program. That’s three great decisions in a row. I’ve always contended that the real victory in 2016 was the court appointments that came with the results.
Con-gratulations. Young voters are gonna come out like women did in 2022.

I guess, if the cruelty is the point.

So, yeah, you got to stick it to minorities, gays and young college grads.

Not sure why you think mean-spiritedness is a policy goal.
Yeah, asking adults to pay back the money they borrowed is just cruel!
And how could anybody argue against admitting people to college based on the color of their skin?
What is wrong with people?
(and yes - this IS sarcasm)

I guess, if the cruelty is the point.

Not sure why you think mean-spiritedness is a policy goal.
FurFeelings.jpg

Yeah, asking adults to pay back the money they borrowed is just cruel!
And how could anybody argue against admitting people to college based on the color of their skin?
What is wrong with people?

Well, quite a lot. It seems like the haves beating up on the have-nots.

The thing is, I'm a white straight male, whose college was paid for decades ago, and even I can see the folly of these policies of punishing regular people to help the privileged.

it’s cruel to be held to a contract you signed to repay money you borrowed? Lulz.
Funny, I asked the same thing when the Banks got these huge bailouts in the Aughts.

Well, quite a lot. It seems like the haves beating up on the have-nots.

The thing is, I'm a white straight male, whose college was paid for decades ago, and even I can see the folly of these policies of punishing regular people to help the privileged.
YOUR boi nationalized the student loan racket, numbnutz.....Now you're whining and crying about it?

BSOverThere.jpg

Funny, I asked the same thing when the Banks got these huge bailouts in the Aughts.
We already know that you have double standards.

Young voters do not need another left-wing cause to sway their vote. They already vote with their hands out, wanting to stay on the liberal gravy train. Promise me free everything and I will eagerly follow you off the cliff. Giving 18-year-olds with under-developed brains the right to vote was a colossal mistake by both parties.

Do you think judicial decisions ought to be made based on politicial reasons, or should they try their best to interpret the US Constitution as best they can?

Special consideration for those people contradicts the 14th Amendment. Progressive liberals would love to discriminate (fuck over) their political rivals, mostly white males. Personally, I do not believe anyone, including the gov't at any level, should have the power to decide who gets special treatment and at whose expense. IOW, if you can't get into Harvard on your merits then you don't belong there and I don't care what color you are.

Actually, AA is helping some regular people at the expense of other regular people. Looks to me like the privileged kids are getting screwed for someone else.

I, also, support striking down the proposed student loan forgiveness program. I paid for mine or found a way and came out debt free. They can pay for theirs. It is still possible to do that, even today. My twin sons are proof, that scholarships, grants, military benefits and working while attending can still do the trick and both employed in the major field of study and or certification immediately after graduation.

There have already been a few threads on this topic which have been merged into one large one. Second, no source was provided in the opening post anyway, so thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back