ScottishReferendum date announced. UK break up coming

What is it with you and Scotland? If Scotland was relying on BP to give it it's money then so would the Shetlands. I have never heard of anyone making contracts where they only get money for resources if it is the choice of the person they have sold it to but I have no interest in Scotland makings its money through oil.

It is through renewables, hydrogen, offshore wind power, tidal energy and wave energy that Scotland will be able to make a large section of its money.

You it would appear are far more interested in Shetland leaving Scotland than Shetland.

Scotland will not be able to make the money off any of those things without foreign investment--something it will have very little of without oil and natural gas. You would appear as if you are far more interested in Scotland leaving the UK than the Scotish people's ability to have a self-sufficient country.

Scotland will not be able to make the money off any of those things without foreign investment--something it will have very little of without oil and natural gas. You would appear as if you are far more interested in Scotland leaving the UK than the Scotish people's ability to have a self-sufficient country.
My interest is what is best for Scotland. I have 5 grandchildren who I want to do well. You Are just boring bringing back the same arguments English Nationalists did last time and bye the way, I have not decided which way I will vote.

Last edited:
My interest is what is best for Scotland. I have 5 grandchildren who I want to do well. You Are just boring bringing back the same arguments English Nationalists did last time and bye the way, I have not decided which way I will vote.

Boring or not, if you want what is "best for Scotland" then all of this needs to be sorted before there is any binding vote so people will know what they are getting themselves into. Brexit is a good example of what happens if you make it up on the fly after the fact.

Boring or not, if you want what is "best for Scotland" then all of this needs to be sorted before there is any binding vote so people will know what they are getting themselves into. Brexit is a good example of what happens if you make it up on the fly after the fact.
Do you believe you are my father or my teacher. Get out of my space....and all you have done is say cheeky things which every Englishman and his dog was saying last time and which wasn't true. Of course a few toffs living there thought it would be a good idea to get the money for themselves.,,,and then the other classic one without any work on your part claiming Scotland could not afford it and your idea of no one wanting to invest in Scotland. This is just boring because there is little information though Germany was apparently consulting us over Hydrogen the other day. Just don't bring the same lame, untrue crap as last time. It is not worth my time.

Last edited:
You have a lot of tired arguments that were rolled out last time. Scotland voted against indy because they were told they would lose their place in the EU. They were lied to.
There are several countries in Europe that are smaller than Scotland that are doing very well. Scotland will be fine.

You have a lot of tired arguments that were rolled out last time. Scotland voted against indy because they were told they would lose their place in the EU. They were lied to.
There are several countries in Europe that are smaller than Scotland that are doing very well. Scotland will be fine.

Your tired out tired old pretend they will be fine has never been proven, established, planned for, or explained.

Your tired out tired old pretend they will be fine has never been proven, established, planned for, or explained.
Patronising much? and this from someone who belongs to a country which was called 'The Sick Man of Europe'
before it went into the EU and not one year after leaving is again 'The Sick Man of Europe' It would take some country to do worse than that.

It's got so crazy we are apparently a 'failed state' already!

It seemed like the SNP’s announcement last week has unleashed a demented response from the political parties, and the punditry. Alex Cole-Hamilton jumped on the bandwagon thundering: “No new independence referendum even if nationalists win election!” in The Times before a torrent of Op-Eds by people who know little or nothing about Scotland.

In The Telegraph Tim Stanley reckoned: “Scottish devolution was a disaster, and the English are letting the SNP get away with it.” His colleague Tom Harris took it further declaring Scotland a “failed state” …

If this happened “No new independence referendum even if nationalists win election!” I suspect there could be problems though of course they don't know what they are talking about. The SNP getting a majority of Scottish votes in the next General election was what Nicola was talking about for our next Indyref not what she has already achieved, winning, with the help of the Greens, in the Scottish Parliament.

Today in history: On July 10, 1296, King John Balliol of Scotland surrendered to King Edward the First of England. Edward directly joins Scotland to his possessions. That is, for 726 years, the people of Scotland have been tormented under the yoke of the British crown... The task of the honest people of the planet is to help the Scots get rid of British imperialism.

Forum List

Back