ScottishReferendum date announced. UK break up coming

Are the folks in the Shetland Islands going to have a separate measure to break away from Scotland?

Fantastiic. They should go for it if they think it will make them better off.

The examples they cite are corrupt tax havens though. They will need something different if they want to retain decency in the islands.
The Shetlands are somewhere that people like to chuck around followed by 'Scotland can't afford Independence' but if my memory serves me right, by the end of the last Indyref they were strongly in favour of Independence with Scotland. If it wasn't then it was later and there is always the question, When will the SNP get voted in in Shetland. They think they have the right one now.

The last paragraph of the article put up by Desker says

In response to the result of the vote, islands minister Paul Wheelhouse said neither Shetland nor any other island council submitted any requests for further powers under the Additional Powers Request (Scotland) Regulations introduced last year.

Soon for Global Saving they won't have the chance to get money from the oil but they would still have a lot of wind and wave power. Scotland too.

Fantastiic. They should go for it if they think it will make them better off.

The examples they cite are corrupt tax havens though. They will need something different if they want to retain decency in the islands.

Scotland will become a third world country if they do. Shetland Islands, Orkney, and the Western Isles control a lot of the fisheries, and more importantly, the oil and natural gas, or would in a devolved Scotland.

This is excellent news and another blow for fat **** Johnson. Good luck to my Scottish friends in their bid for freedom.

Why do you hate your new home country so much?
In your country of origin - a turd world shithole you would of course keep your stinky communist mouth tightly shot.

Scotland will become a third world country if they do. Shetland Islands, Orkney, and the Western Isles control a lot of the fisheries, and more importantly, the oil and natural gas, or would in a devolved Scotland.
Scotland is asset rich and exports energy. They will do fine free of westminster shackles.

Scotland is asset rich and exports energy. They will do fine free of westminster shackles.
They won't be fine if the islands leave. Look at the map and google the standard for extending maritime borders. All their rich assets won't be Free Scotland's. They will have to survive on what little BP gives them to survive upon.

They won't be fine if the islands leave. Look at the map and google the standard for extending maritime borders. All their rich assets won't be Free Scotland's. They will have tooff shore wave power, survive on what little BP gives them to survive upon.
What is it with you and Scotland? If Scotland was relying on BP to give it it's money then so would the Shetlands. I have never heard of anyone making contracts where they only get money for resources if it is the choice of the person they have sold it to but I have no interest in Scotland makings its money through oil.

It is through renewables, hydrogen, offshore wind power, tidal energy and wave energy that Scotland will be able to make a large section of its money.

You it would appear are far more interested in Shetland leaving Scotland than Shetland.

Wales has been struggling for a long time, I doubt they could survive without lots of aid, their the poorest of the Brits.

Of course. The once proud Welsh are infested with tainty's. The Cornish have no use for the Brits. And, I think they can do well on their own. If the Scots would be Scots, they too could do well.

The problem is they have been infected too.

Of course. The once proud Welsh are infested with tainty's. The Cornish have no use for the Brits. And, I think they can do well on their own. If the Scots would be Scots, they too could do well.

The problem is they have been infected too.
Good luck Cornwall. If you are representative of Cornwall then you are right. We would have nothing in common. Our interest is not ethnic nationalism.

Forum List

Back