ScottishReferendum date announced. UK break up coming

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is excellent news and another blow for fat **** Johnson. Good luck to my Scottish friends in their bid for freedom.

If Scotland becomes independent what about Wales and Northern Ireland? Or Cornwall? I do not think the British government wants this to happen. If the independence movement in northern Ireland came to nothing how is Scotland different?

6l5388.jpg

Or for that matter. . . The United States. Hell, we haven't had a separate foreign policy from the crown since the Federal Reserve act was passed. It would be nice if we could be independent again.

:rolleyes:

If Scotland becomes independent what about Wales and Northern Ireland? Or Cornwall? I do not think the British government wants this to happen. If the independence movement in northern Ireland came to nothing how is Scotland different?
Wales has been struggling for a long time, I doubt they could survive without lots of aid, their the poorest of the Brits.

When it looked like the Indyref was going to be won all the leaders of Parties came up for London. One thing they made a big deal of was that the only way Scotland could be certain of staying in the EU was if it voted to remain part of the UK. Many people said that was what got their vote and believe they have been cheated and have every right to a another Indyref.

OK Tommy, Nicola has been careful and given a long time for people to get in the mood as happened last time so it is to be October of next year. However there is one other little problem which the people not of the UK might not know about and that is that Boris is not going to give Westminster's approval, a Section 30 order. Last time Cameron gave it with a big smile on his face expecting it to be severely beaten. This time no Referendum as far as Westminster is concerned. I think Nicola deals with all of this well in the little bit above eventually ending with this

She added: “If it does transpire that there is no lawful way for this parliament to give the people of Scotland the choice of independence in a referendum – and if the UK government continues to deny a section 30 order – my party will fight the UK general election on this single question: ‘Should Scotland be an independent country?'”
Nicola Sturgeon reveals the date for a new Scottish independence referendum in 2023
What people may not know is that in the Old Days when not that many people voted for the SNP it was believed that no Section 30 was needed. All that had to happen for Scotland to be Independent was that the SNP got a Majority in Westminster.

Last edited:

This is excellent news and another blow for fat **** Johnson. Good luck to my Scottish friends in their bid for freedom.
Damn that Clarence Thomas again!

Golly tommy, my son is in Scotland right now! I hope he doesn't get caught up in those silly Scotsmen's antics!

OK Tommy, Nicola has been careful and given a long time for people to get in the mood as happened last time so it is to be October of next year. However there is one other little problem which the people not of the UK might not know about and that is that Boris is not going to give Westminster's approval, a Section 30 order. Last time Cameron gave it with a big smile on his face expecting it to be severely beaten. This time no Referendum as far as Westminster is concerned. I think Nicola deals with all of this well in the little bit above eventually ending with this

Nicola Sturgeon reveals the date for a new Scottish independence referendum in 2023
What people may not know is that in the Old Days when not that many people voted for the SNP it was believed that no Section 30 was needed. All that had to happen for Scotland to be Independent was that the SNP got a Majority in Westminster.
This exposes the lie that it is a Union of equals. To be fair |Johnson has been the biggest boost to indepeendence there has ever been.
My Godson is up in Edinburgh and works for Mrs Sturgeon. Proud of him.

Wales will take heart from Scotlands freedom.

There never was an indy movement in the North,It was a unification movement.They are winning.

Don't quite understand the under pinning of the United Kingdom. I understand back in the day the British treated the locals as second class. I would assume that is no longer the case. My family is from the lower early area . I has an Irish guy on my boat about a week ago. He said that kinda made us enemies. This I did not quite understand. So I whipped out my phone and showed him some pictures of the hunting trips I guide and some pictures of my arsenal. Explained that I am American for generations. He all of a sudden was slightly less heavy on being enemies. Don't think the being American for generations is what changed his mind though. Pretty sure the pictures of my life style and that arsenal is what did it. I guess there is still some bad feelings for the Irish lol.

Don't quite understand the under pinning of the United Kingdom. I understand back in the day the British treated the locals as second class. I would assume that is no longer the case. My family is from the lower early area . I has an Irish guy on my boat about a week ago. He said that kinda made us enemies. This I did not quite understand. So I whipped out my phone and showed him some pictures of the hunting trips I guide and some pictures of my arsenal. Explained that I am American for generations. He all of a sudden was slightly less heavy on being enemies. Don't think the being American for generations is what changed his mind though. Pretty sure the pictures of my life style and that arsenal is what did it. I guess there is still some bad feelings for the Irish lol.
Its basically England against the Celtic nations.

This exposes the lie that it is a Union of equals. To be fair |Johnson has been the biggest boost to indepeendence there has ever been.
My Godson is up in Edinburgh and works for Mrs Sturgeon. Proud of him.
Not a union of Equals. Nicola tried to get an agreement before Brexit that either every country had to vote for Brexit or it was if a majority did not vote yes we did not leave the EU. Cameron would not even discuss.

Forum List

Back