Scott Walker: "Min. wage serves no purpose"

Politicians make the decisions on redistribution of money. Walmart pays market wages. That Walmart needs to pay wages based on money government chose to take from someone and give to someone else or it's "corporate welfare" is idiotic.

Corporate welfare is when government takes money earned from someone else and gives it to the corporation, which isn't happening when Walmart pays market wages. Earmarks are an example of actual corporate welfare. So are a lot of laws implemented by both parties to use force to restrict and regulate competition.

Now what if you answer my question. How exactly if you raise wages to $10 an hour are people only worth $7.25 going to get any job? Why would Walmart not fire them and hire better workers since you are forcing them to pay more?

Walmart is reaping the profits from taxpayer subsidized employees. Why does Walmart deserve to have it's payroll subsidized by taxpayers?

I have a solution. Let Walmart continue paying the employees as they are since the wages are equivalent to the skills needed to do those jobs, stop all welfare programs, then the good intentioned, bleeding hearts can prove they are as compassionate as they claim by giving the ones they think need it their money.

Agreed, then Walmart won't be getting "corporate welfare." You in, derideo?

You don't like the more accurate term of "corporate welfare" eh.

Well then lets call it something you will like. How about "government subsidized hourly employees of Walmart"

Is that "better" for you?

Nope. It could only "subsidized" if there was some mandated wage the Walmart was obligated to pay. It's not legally obligated to pay a higher wage, so what legitimate authority is claiming its obligated to pay more?

If the government is subsidizing, that's a choice the government made. That they want to blame it on Walmart because they think they should be able to tell Walmart what they have to pay someone is their problem.

Walker is right in saying that minimum wage jobs are not the jobs wanted or needed in any circumstance. Jobs that pay 3x that per hour at a minimum are the jobs we need. Minimum wage jobs are for students and those who want some extra money for basically only showing up. Frankly minimum wage jobs are meant to have a huge rate of turnover and employers would just as soon not have really good workers doing them.

When a bank uses up people's savings and then goes bankrupt and did so because of a complete lack of regulation, doesn't this mean that "supply and demand is out of whack"?

Not unless those putting their savings in the bank weren't aware of what the bank was doing. If someone puts their money into some form of investment that, because of a higher risk, can bring a higher return and it goes bad, they made a choice to do what was being supplied. If the investment was being done illegally, yes.

And if it's illegal it's because it's being regulated. So you agree with the need for regulation of companies!
No

When it comes to things involving unsafe practices such as working conditions. When it comes to what a company pays it's employees, absolutely not.

Nope, not even involving unsafe practices in the workplace. Those case can be handled by the tort process. In fact law suites are the most effective means to get companies to adopt safer practices and technology. Government regulations have had little effect.

When a bank uses up people's savings and then goes bankrupt and did so because of a complete lack of regulation, doesn't this mean that "supply and demand is out of whack"?

Not unless those putting their savings in the bank weren't aware of what the bank was doing. If someone puts their money into some form of investment that, because of a higher risk, can bring a higher return and it goes bad, they made a choice to do what was being supplied. If the investment was being done illegally, yes.

And if it's illegal it's because it's being regulated. So you agree with the need for regulation of companies!
No

When it comes to things involving unsafe practices such as working conditions. When it comes to what a company pays it's employees, absolutely not.

Nope, not even involving unsafe practices in the workplace. Those case can be handled by the tort process. In fact law suites are the most effective means to get companies to adopt safer practices and technology. Government regulations have had little effect.

In my line of work, I've found the regulations I enforce do well especially if the business wants to open.

What could unions have done to save the jobs lost to foreign countries, like China?

Should American labor have said,

instead of moving all those jobs to China to get labor for a buck an hour, keep them here, and we'll work for a buck an hour...

Really? That's your vision of America.

And the reason that companies are moving to China is... ?

To exploit cheap labor.

True. And who created climate for businesses to go abroad?

What could unions have done to save the jobs lost to foreign countries, like China?

Should American labor have said,

instead of moving all those jobs to China to get labor for a buck an hour, keep them here, and we'll work for a buck an hour...

Really? That's your vision of America.

And the reason that companies are moving to China is... ?

To exploit cheap labor.

True. And who created climate for businesses to go abroad?

The cheap labor in foreign countries, and the mentality of Capitalism.

It has nothing to do with evil greedy unions.

Companies in fact are now leaving China for even cheaper labor in places like Cambodia. Capitalism exploits labor until there's no exploitation opportunity left.

No

So you don't believe in ANY regulation at all? No regulation about health and safety for example? No regulation on monopolies, no regulation of swindling people out of money etc etc?

A major free for all?

Walker is right in saying that minimum wage jobs are not the jobs wanted or needed in any circumstance. Jobs that pay 3x that per hour at a minimum are the jobs we need. Minimum wage jobs are for students and those who want some extra money for basically only showing up. Frankly minimum wage jobs are meant to have a huge rate of turnover and employers would just as soon not have really good workers doing them.

Minimum wage jobs exist because there is a need to have people doing these jobs. However if the US wants to compete with China, it's going to need a far more educated workforce. Educated in things that they need, ie, SKILLS. It's just not happening.

Austria and Germany have technical schools which teach the required skills for the jobs that are needed in society. They also have the lowest levels of unemployment in the EU. It's not hard to see why.

Minimum wage reminds me of the way Republicans used to use "flag burning" to get the base all riled up come election time. What a crock.

Walmart is reaping the profits from taxpayer subsidized employees. Why does Walmart deserve to have it's payroll subsidized by taxpayers?

I have a solution. Let Walmart continue paying the employees as they are since the wages are equivalent to the skills needed to do those jobs, stop all welfare programs, then the good intentioned, bleeding hearts can prove they are as compassionate as they claim by giving the ones they think need it their money.

Agreed, then Walmart won't be getting "corporate welfare." You in, derideo?

You don't like the more accurate term of "corporate welfare" eh.

Well then lets call it something you will like. How about "government subsidized hourly employees of Walmart"

Is that "better" for you?

Nope. It could only "subsidized" if there was some mandated wage the Walmart was obligated to pay. It's not legally obligated to pay a higher wage, so what legitimate authority is claiming its obligated to pay more?

If the government is subsidizing, that's a choice the government made. That they want to blame it on Walmart because they think they should be able to tell Walmart what they have to pay someone is their problem.

What a stupid fuck you are proving to be. Evidently you don't pay ANY tax to the government or you would be pissed that YOUR tax dollars are being used to pay a worker who has a full time job with income so low that they NEED assistance to make it in this mean ole world.

btw stupid. The government does tell Walmart what to pay at the lowest level. Ever hear of MINIMUM WAGE?
I want that wage increased to the point where the worker no longer QUALIFIES for government assistance.

You fucking right wingers want welfare for EVERYBODY don't cha? Can't have the rich pay more, they aren't doing well, give em some welfare. Can't have the corporations paying more, they aren't doing well so give them some welfare and can't have the poor getting paid more cause they need the welfare to survive.

Where's my welfare?

There may be a need for people to do those jobs but it does not mean people should be applying for them. Get educated and attain the skills you need so you don't have to embarrass yourself working for minimum wage. Even starting out at 7.25 an hour is truly warped. Its called a college degree. No adult should be working for minimum wage.

Conservative65 said:

What a stupid fuck you are proving to be. Evidently you don't pay ANY tax to the government or you would be pissed that YOUR tax dollars are being used to pay a worker who has a full time job with income so low that they NEED assistance to make it in this mean ole world.

What a stupid fuck you are proving to be. It has been stated, restated and explained and specifically stated in this thread we are talking about redistribution of wealth, not all taxes. Our choices, stupid fuck, are not anarchy or Marxism. There is a middle ground. What a stupid fuck. You got anything on something someone said, stupid fuck? Or are you just going to stick your hand down your pants and argue with the voices in your head? What a stupid fucking fuck.

The cheap labor in foreign countries, and the mentality of Capitalism.

It has nothing to do with evil greedy unions.

Companies in fact are now leaving China for even cheaper labor in places like Cambodia. Capitalism exploits labor until there's no exploitation opportunity left.
Sounds like chapter and verse out of The Marxist Manifesto. What do you own that wasn't brought to you by way of capitalism? You are using products and services brought to you by a system you hate. I can't imagine what life must be like.

No one forces people to buy cheaper goods, but they do. People aren't going to pay three times as much for their iPhones to pay someone higher wages, that's just a fact of life. Businesses cannot afford to life in your Utopian bubble world, they sink or swim with market forces.

I get a kick out of guys like you, you live off of capitalism while propagandizing how evil it is.

I get a kick out of guys like you, you live off of capitalism while propagandizing how evil it is.

I started a company and funded it. People come to work for me and I ... pay them ... You don't think I'm exploiting them?

I'm curious without companies to work for or for government to plunder how the Marxists think they would live exactly.

I started a company and funded it. People come to work for me and I ... pay them ... You don't think I'm exploiting them?

I'm curious without companies to work for or for government to plunder how the Marxists think they would live exactly.
Don't feel bad, I exploit the people. Taking their hard earned money and buying food and stuff for my greedy self. I feel so ashamed!

These cry babies need to go out and start their own businesses if their corporate overlords are exploiting them. They won't of course because being a victim puts responsibility elsewhere.

No

So you don't believe in ANY regulation at all? No regulation about health and safety for example? No regulation on monopolies, no regulation of swindling people out of money etc etc?

A major free for all?

You're talking about two different things. Rules for safety are quite different than regulation of day to day functioning. Businesses shouldn't be able to do things to cheat people as that is illegal whether it's a business doing it or not. What a business pays it's employees, what benefits a business has to offer it's employees (i.e. - healthcare), and things like that should not be regulated. They are known factors when the person takes the job. If the person doesn't like what's offered, don't accept.

That's not exploitation especially if the person being offered what you pay ACCEPTS the wage.

No

A major free for all?

You're talking about two different things. Rules for safety are quite different than regulation of day to day functioning. Businesses shouldn't be able to do things to cheat people as that is illegal whether it's a business doing it or not. What a business pays it's employees, what benefits a business has to offer it's employees (i.e. - healthcare), and things like that should not be regulated. They are known factors when the person takes the job. If the person doesn't like what's offered, don't accept.

Slavery being the ideal solution for any employer.

Forum List

Back