Scott Brown V Elisabeth Warren Debate 10/1/12

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
What did you all think of the debate.

I think they both had some strong moments but overall I feel that Scott Brown came across better than Elisabeth Warren. In the interest of disclosure I have a lot of respect for Scott Brown's record of being the most non-partisan senator having voted with the dems 47% of the time and the reps 53% of the time basing his vote off the bill and how it impacts the country and my state. I do not have a lot of respect for Elisabeth Warren's record with the asbestos/steel company nor the cloud surrounding her checking off the minority status box and self-identifying as a native american minority when @ Harvard. I am not a fan of affirmative action and I believe that by doing so she abused those laws.

Warren's strongest moment was probably her supreme court answer. She had a direct answer "Elana Keegan is who I want" while Brown fumbled and picked 4 justices not one.

Brown's strongest moment was every time he talked about his actual record as a senator.

Warren's weakest moments were when she was asked what Republican she could/would work with and her closing remarks which, unlike Brown's, were a re-hash of her negative talking points about Brown. Brown kept it on a "this is who I am, this is what I've done, please vote for me because of my record" level instead of a guttersnipe level. I have no problem with Warren attacking Brown on stuff but to have it the centerpiece of her closing remarks was just weak in my opnion

Brown's weakest 2 moments were the supereme court justice question and, although I liked it a lot it did come across poor in my opinion, when he got aggrivated with Warren's constant interruptions and blurped "i'm not one of your students" at her.

Here is the debate

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09aCUwbH0Q]ELIZABETH WARREN vs SCOTT BROWN Massachusetts Senate Debate ROUND 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
How does Warren even show up in public? She's an embarrassment, a fraud, a fake and fucking degenerate who lied about being part American indian

Yeah, watched it and my own preferences aside, Warren came off very week and her mantra about working for families wore thin pretty quick. Pretty much a slam-dunk.

That was something I noticed too. Brown brought some new stuff to the table while Warren basically kept on the same things I have heard from her campaign for months now.

Warren has huge credibility issues that overshadow everything she says. I am sure she is an accomplished and well respected woman- in academia. She is not Senate material.

She needs to stay amongst the Ivory towers of Harvard; we've seen what happens when we elect dilettantes and academicians to High Office.

Sorry Elizabeth, but.....
spongeworthy-300x300.jpg

She can't be trusted.

Last edited:
her handling of the whole "checking off the minority, listing myself as a native american" thing really turned me against her. I have a bee in my bonnet over affirmative action as it is and the way she spent over a month telling everyone "I dont know why they thought I was a native american" before owning up to listing herself is what really bothers me the most.

I don't know what debate you people were watching, but Brown would not give a straight answer to anything, not even whether Bobby Valentine should be kept as manager of the Sox!!!!! I mean, when he said at first Scalia was his ideal judge and got booed he quickly named 3 more moderate judges and would not narrow it to 1. What a double-talking coward.

I don't know what debate you people were watching, but Brown would not give a straight answer to anything, not even whether Bobby Valentine should be kept as manager of the Sox!!!!! I mean, when he said at first Scalia was his ideal judge and got booed he quickly named 3 more moderate judges and would not narrow it to 1. What a double-talking coward.

I did say that was his worst debate moment (the supreme court question). You did read my post right?

And the red sox thing did NOT belong there but he should have said "And see that is the problem, she wants to give a failure another chance" and connect that to re-electing obama BUT Brown is not the anti-obama stereotype so he wouldn't do that.

Do you have anything besides his comment about the supreme court that you feel he didn't answer?

Who does Scott Brown think he is? Mitt Romney?

Warren blew the reaching across the aisle question....but she kicked his ass on the vets issues and the jobs bill votes.

She is his intellectual superior by far. Choose the smart ones whenever possible.

Who does Scott Brown think he is? Mitt Romney?

Apparantly not see the video starting at 19:45

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09aCUwbH0Q]ELIZABETH WARREN vs SCOTT BROWN Massachusetts Senate Debate ROUND 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Warren blew the reaching across the aisle question....but she kicked his ass on the vets issues and the jobs bill votes.

She is his intellectual superior by far. Choose the smart ones whenever possible.

Thanks for your feedback. I agree with you on her flubbing that question, i thought it was her big flub to be honest.

Specifically what did she say about vets issues/jobs bill that you thought was kicking brown's ass? You can guide me to the part of the debate to watch in the video there if you want so I can discuss it with you. (I didn't notice her kicking his ass on those but like I said at the beginning I have issues with warren so maybe I just didn't hear her and i do want to actually talk about it.)

Did you see this?
"LOWELL, Massachusetts — Make no mistake. Elizabeth Warren won this debate, as she and Senator Scott Brown squared off in their second debate on Monday night in the race for U.S. Senate. Tonight's proceedings should give Warren a boost in the polls, especially after Brown committed the amazing mistake of naming Antonin Scalia as his model Supreme Court justice. "
Warren vs Brown: Who Won the Mass Senate Debate

Who ever one favors seems to have won....

Did you see this?
"LOWELL, Massachusetts — Make no mistake. Elizabeth Warren won this debate, as she and Senator Scott Brown squared off in their second debate on Monday night in the race for U.S. Senate. Tonight's proceedings should give Warren a boost in the polls, especially after Brown committed the amazing mistake of naming Antonin Scalia as his model Supreme Court justice. "
Warren vs Brown: Who Won the Mass Senate Debate

Who ever one favors seems to have won....

Check this out PC. The spin version is the first video the real version is the 2nd

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabHdVMehsU]Scott Brown Says Justice Scalia is His Model Supreme Court Justice - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGe3JcWfwR8]Sen. Scott Brown Struggles To Name His Model Supreme Court Justice - YouTube[/ame]

Scallia is without doubt the most erudite of the justices. Most of the leftist hacks on this site will never admit that, but in serious circles it's a given.

Scallia is without doubt the most erudite of the justices. Most of the leftist hacks on this site will never admit that, but in serious circles it's a given.

Regardless anyone running around saying he picked Scallia without eluding to the fact he picked 4 justices and not 1 as the question asked, one of the 4 being Sotomeyor, isn't being completely honest and I would highly suspect their motive for doing so.

Forum List

Back