Scientists Simulate "Runaway Greenhouse Effect" That Turns Earth Into Uninhabitable Hell

Appeal to authority still isn't an argument.

appeal to authority

You said that because an authority thinks something, it must therefore be true.​

It's important to note that this fallacy should Not be used to dismiss the claims of Experts, or Scientific Consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence. However, it is entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.

`

appeal to authority

You said that because an authority thinks something, it must therefore be true.​

It's important to note that this fallacy should Not be used to dismiss the claims of Experts, or Scientific Consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence. However, it is entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.

`
:cuckoo:

The linked story talks about this simulation. The reason I am posting about it here is to point out what is going on here. These "climate scientists" have been pulling stunts like this for years now. They run these concocted computer models that are dependent upon multiple variables, many combinations of which either do not occur in nature or are highly unlikely to occur. Some of their modeling runs mathematical equations that work going forward, but do not work in reverse. For example, 10 plus 10 equals 20. 20 minus 10 equals 10. But in the climate scientology world, where ongoing life-and-death crisis is necessary to keep the funding flowing, 10 plus 10 equals 20, but 20 minus 10 may equal 3. This is the sort of end-result focused, corrupt modeling that the "climate scientists" are dealing with. They seemingly attempt to justify such an unscientific approach with the rather base ethic of "Yeah, but what if it IS true?!? Then we are all going to die!!"

This "simulation" is dependent upon the equations and variables these "climate scientists" programmed. I mean, they could just as easily create a simulation of another ice age. It depends on who is writing the code in the modeling software. Why aren't people asking for independent evaluations of these models? I could create a modeling system on paper that determines for every cigar I smoke I get a sloppy hummer from Erin Burnett. That may be what I want to happen, but I can tell you with a very high degree of certainty that it ain't gonna happen.

The purpose of this end of the world simulation is to keep people upset in order to (1) keep the money flowing to these half-assed scientists, because this is how they are getting paid; and (2) to further the neo-Marxist narratives that keep people on edge and falsely believing that every day they wake up on the precipice of death due to one of many non-existent crises.
I might pay more attention to this kind of stuff if their so-called 'models' had been right even once or twice. So far they haven't been yet authoritarian governments, including ours, use them as the criteria for taking away more and more of our liberties, choices, options, opportunities.

That would be awesome!! I would pull the plug out of my shotgun for that action!

Um, you would not survive 5 minutes hunting in the Jurassic era.

Neither would Rambo...

A 3 inch spider has a vicious bite. Jurassic insects were 5-10 times that size...

I might pay more attention to this kind of stuff if their so-called 'models' had been right even once or twice. So far they haven't been yet authoritarian governments, including ours, use them as the criteria for taking away more and more of our liberties, choices, options, opportunities.

The reason they need "models" because THEY HAVE NOTHING REAL....

Neither would Rambo...

A 3 inch spider has a vicious bite. Jurassic insects were 5-10 times that size...
Am I to understand that there will be dinosaurs and other shit, not JUST the flying bugs with 10' wingspan? Because in that case I would need more than just my Remington 12 gauge.

Neither would Rambo...

There's no solid evidence to say that man didn't easily survive riding dinosaurs.

The reason they need "models" because THEY HAVE NOTHING REAL....
Models are useful if used for science. But they are easy to manipulate to obtain a desired result (which they have a vested interest in obtaining so they can get their grants).

There's no solid evidence to say that man didn't easily survive riding dinosaurs.
The theory is that humans evolved from little mole/rat like mammals that existed around that time. But, hey, I am just going to go jack it over hear for a while.

Am I to understand that there will be dinosaurs and other shit, not JUST the flying bugs with 10' wingspan? Because in that case I would need more than just my Remington 12 gauge.

When Earth is at its "warm parameter" with no ice at all because there is no land within 600 miles of a pole.

The atmospheric pressure at the surface is 50% more than now. The atmospheric H2O goes up, guessing 10 fold. If you saw that "warm" Earth from space, you wouldn't see any land or ocean, you would just see clouds. It rains all the time. Ice age glacier traps gas. The ice core layers were originally thicker when they formed, but get compressed as more layers accumulate on top of them. Melting the glaciers raises oceans and thickens the atmosphere significantly. Cat 10 hurricanes happen. All life gets larger. crocs are 50 feet long. Sharks are 60 feet long. Snakes are 80 feet long.

YOU, had humans developed with the climate change over millions of years, would be 20 feet tall....

But you as you are, yeah, if the dinosaurs don't get you, the foot long bugs will, and fast....

The 80 foot snake looks at you and thinks you aren't worth it, too small....

appeal to authority

`
It's also a belief in the infallibility of the "experts", warmer moonbat.

Forum List

Back