Has anyone asked parking garages if they will be able to handle EVs?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
One of the costs that EV advocates do NOT calculate when we hear them brag..."but EVs cost less to operate"!
Well here is one cost among many frankly EV advocates haven't considered.

Civil and environmental engineering professor Kevin Heaslip, director of the University of Tennessee's Center for Transportation Research, said EVs often weigh 30% more than gas-powered vehicles.

One of the costs that EV advocates do NOT calculate when we hear them brag..."but EVs cost less to operate"!

Civil and environmental engineering professor Kevin Heaslip, director of the University of Tennessee's Center for Transportation Research, said EVs often weigh 30% more than gas-powered vehicles.
They seem to have handled SUVs pretty well. But please let us know how many new power plants it will take to improve the garages.

just let me know if the garage answers you.
You know your comment illustrates your perception deficiency.
You perceive that I'm against EVs. I'm NOT!
I want logical market driven migration to EVs not forced by the government through regulations, financial donations by the government. I want like the gas engines became the mode, i.e. market
driven. But when idiots evidently like you support an even bigger idiot like Biden who says:
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

What a tool to raise gas prices. Oil companies love that to justify raising prices...remember Biden guarantees to put them out of business!
Why would this idiot also encourage people to break the law?
"I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

That is the problem with Biden... just plain stupid!
I believe if Biden had said this cooperating with fossil fuels:
"We need to work with the fossil fuels industry to reduce Co2 emissions and the US government will be helping as we consider the fossil fuel industry a totally important building block of our economy"!

As a result fulfilling what Biden ran his original campaign on "Unifying America"!
But no... he's destroying America!

An interesting side note, I have a friend who is moving from California to South Carolina, and wants to ship their cars, one of which is an EV. Most of the moving companies they've contacted won't ship EVs because of the fire danger the giant battery presents.

I love that we will be looting poor nations of their natural resources, like Cobalt from the Congo.

RACIST AS FUCK.

An interesting side note, I have a friend who is moving from California to South Carolina, and wants to ship their cars, one of which is an EV. Most of the moving companies they've contacted won't ship EVs because of the fire danger the giant battery presents.
Another cost not considered by EV advocates!

Norwegian Ferry Company Bans Electrified Vehicles From Being Transported on Its Ships. Li-Ion batteries in electric vehicles pose a significant fire risk,

Another cost not considered by EV advocates!

Norwegian Ferry Company Bans Electrified Vehicles From Being Transported on Its Ships. Li-Ion batteries in electric vehicles pose a significant fire risk,

EV technology is just not ready for prime time. Maybe in 10 years.

Tesla's weight is comparable to the Ford F-150. I recent parked in lower levels of parking garages at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and multiple times at Chandler Regional hospital while visiting. Little did I know the risk I was taking. No wonder why many associates consider me the carefree happy-go-lucky guy.

1703004460045.png
There is your cobalt mine...you sick cult fucks.

1703004544586.png

Not to mention it destroys their land....but they are poor black people halfway around the world....so who cares...

EV technology is just not ready for prime time. Maybe in 10 years.
Oh I agree 100%! It shouldn't be government driven but market driven. It will be important to develop EVs that use sunlight on the car to covert to electricity and that would be the ultimate. In the meantime if more countries were like the USA that has even though there are 16% more people since 2006, the USA has through developments reduced CO2 emissions by 14%!

You know your comment illustrates your perception deficiency.
You perceive that I'm against EVs. I'm NOT!
I want logical market driven migration to EVs not forced by the government through regulations, financial donations by the government. I want like the gas engines became the mode, i.e. market
driven. But when idiots evidently like you support an even bigger idiot like Biden who says:
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

What a tool to raise gas prices. Oil companies love that to justify raising prices...remember Biden guarantees to put them out of business!
Why would this idiot also encourage people to break the law?
"I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

That is the problem with Biden... just plain stupid!
I believe if Biden had said this cooperating with fossil fuels:
"We need to work with the fossil fuels industry to reduce Co2 emissions and the US government will be helping as we consider the fossil fuel industry a totally important building block of our economy"!

As a result fulfilling what Biden ran his original campaign on "Unifying America"!
But no... he's destroying America!

You want the transition to EVs to be market driven just like IC engines were? Obviously you are ignoring the massive road building efforts by the government. (blacktop roads were great for cars, but hell on horses) You are also ignorng the massive grants and tax breaks given to the oil companies, some which they still receive today.

They seem to have handled SUVs pretty well. But please let us know how many new power plants it will take to improve the garages.

Would they actually require garages to have a power hookup for each spot?

Nevermind the power plant, just the conduit and cable required for that many cars charging at the same time for max capacity would be daunting.

Then you worry about the number of feeders required to power it.

There are ways to use electric current that does not require heavy batteries. A lot of people think of their flashlight battery but in an EV batteries weigh a hell of a lot. And it takes energy to move the EV. A far lighter solution is available.

Few of us are against EV cars. We are against the heavy battery. We are against the extreme costs. We also do not want to be tied down to charges around the country. We want fast fills and long ranges and lighter cars.

Nevermind the power plant, just the conduit and cable required for that many cars charging at the same time for max capacity would be daunting.

Then you worry about the number of feeders required to power it.
When people stop to think, they let the dealers keep those EV cars. Let them pay the costs for them.

You want the transition to EVs to be market driven just like IC engines were? Obviously you are ignoring the massive road building efforts by the government. (blacktop roads were great for cars, but hell on horses) You are also ignorng the massive grants and tax breaks given to the oil companies, some which they still receive today.
Why do Democrats claim oil firms get massive grants and tax breaks? They make claims they never back up.

Tesla's weight is comparable to the Ford F-150. I recent parked in lower levels of parking garages at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and multiple times at Chandler Regional hospital while visiting. Little did I know the risk I was taking. No wonder why many associates consider me the carefree happy-go-lucky guy.
When an EV burns to a crisp, it takes cars close to it with them. They are dangerous beyond belief.

Nah, just like there is no fueling station at each spot.

One thing about the supposed “car of the future” is that the cars would park themselves. You drive up to your place of business and the car finds a space in the lot on its own. When you leave, you summon the car on your cell phone and it’s waiting for you in a space in front of the building.

Forum List

Back