Schurmer, now Harkin- co-author of ACA......"may have been better off not passing ACA"

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Sen. Tom Harkin, one of the co-authors of the Affordable Care Act, now thinks Democrats may have been better off not passing it at all and holding out for a better bill.

The Iowa Democrat who chairs the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, laments the complexity of legislation the Senate passed five years ago.
“We had the power to do it in a way that would have simplified healthcare, made it more efficient and made it less costly and we didn’t do it,” Harkin told The Hill.
“So I look back and say we should have either done it the correct way or not done anything at all.
ObamaCare author Tom Harkin Health law is really complicated TheHill

What the F<<<K Idiots!!!

We tried to tell you that you had NO idea what you were doing!

Built on LIES...
There were NEVER 46 million uninsured!
There never were 155 million people with pre-existing conditions!
There never was a health care crisis demanding this!
Insurance companies PAY 96% of ALL claims the first time claims submitted ..
yet idiots like these guys LIED about them!
No family doctor did as Obama said..
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Partly because it’s not treated as effectively as it could be. Right now if we paid a family if a family care physician works with his or her patient to help them lose weight, modify diet, monitors whether they are taking their medications in a timely fashion, they might get reimbursed a pittance.
But if that same doctor ends up getting their foot amputated, that’s $30,000, $40,000, $50,000.

He wonders in hindsight whether the law was made overly complicated to satisfy the political concerns of a few Democratic centrists who have since left Congress.

Remember how they told all of us they wouldn't LOSE because of it.

Voting them OUT was a polite way of SLAPPING them in the face for that pos Monster government Entitlement they stuck on our backs in a time we could LEAST afford it.

Bravo people, bravo:clap2:

Now lets get off our backs for good demand they REPEAL IT

then demand it makes it through the Senate and then demand Obama doesn''t veto the repeal..

I demand you wake up from your never ending pipe dream ..

Thank you Senator Schumer! I'm sure you'd happily sign on to the "Repeal the ACA" Bill and over ride the Presidential Veto if need be correct?

Put your money where your mouth is.

Holding off would have meant another 20 years of Republicans blocking any attempt at Healthcare reform

Let's vote to repeal it again .. and then go home for Christmas recess. That's governing. (-:

I don't care how many times it takes. It would be WORTH the time and money to get it off OUR BACKS

Let's vote to repeal it again .. and then go home for Christmas recess. That's governing. (-:

I don't care how many times it takes. It would be WORTH the time and money to get it off OUR BACKS
Ain't gonna happen. Once millions got insurance who didn't have it before, it was gonna stay in one form or another. A new potus of either party, and then there are modifications that can be made. But, it's a new entitlement. Reagan clearly saw that once established, they never go away.

Note: Schumer tried to get Obama to focus on improving the lot of familes making 50-85K a year, because that's where general elections are won or lost.

Health Care doesn't need any reform. The ACA isn't Health Care, it's Health Insurance.

All the Government has to do is make Health Insurance Tax Deductable. And stay the f*ck out of the way.

Ain't gonna happen. Once millions got insurance who didn't have it before, it was gonna stay in one form or another. A new potus of either party, and then there are modifications that can be made. But, it's a new entitlement. Reagan clearly saw that once established, they never go away.

Note: Schumer tried to get Obama to focus on improving the lot of familes making 50-85K a year, because that's where general elections are won or lost.
They still cannot tell us how many previously uninsured have signed up and bought insurance.

The Obamacare signup office(Yes, the big banner calls it the Obamacare Signup Office, not the PPACA signup office) has the same, identical double cab 4x4 pickup trucks alone in the parking lot every day.

I don't see peeps flocking in to sign up.

As much as I hate Chucky Schumer, it's a sign that the Heavy Weights are starting to abandon the sinking USS Obama.

so if Chuckie wrote the law he must know whats in the law ... ergo; a RW talking point is a lie.

Sen. Tom Harkin, one of the co-authors of the Affordable Care Act, now thinks Democrats may have been better off not passing it at all and holding out for a better bill.

The Iowa Democrat who chairs the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, laments the complexity of legislation the Senate passed five years ago.
“We had the power to do it in a way that would have simplified healthcare, made it more efficient and made it less costly and we didn’t do it,” Harkin told The Hill.
“So I look back and say we should have either done it the correct way or not done anything at all.

What the F<<<K Idiots!!!

Built on LIES...
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Partly because it’s not treated as effectively as it could be. Right now if we paid a family if a family care physician works with his or her patient to help them lose weight, modify diet, monitors whether they are taking their medications in a timely fashion, they might get reimbursed a pittance.
But if that same doctor ends up getting their foot amputated, that’s $30,000, $40,000, $50,000.

He wonders in hindsight whether the law was made overly complicated to satisfy the political concerns of a few Democratic centrists who have since left Congress.

OMFG!!!!!

What a total fucking moron in the White House!!!

Holy Fucking shit tell me that's doctored, he can't really be THAT FUCKING STUPID, can he???

If I'm elected POTUS, I'll take away health insurance form millions of people. I promise.

name ONE Presidential candidate who has the balls to run on that platform.. just ONE.

But there never was a NEED for ACA! What f...king millions???
These people that signed up were AlREADY part of the 14 million the CENSUS said were eligible for Medicaid BEFORE ACA!
DO YOU understand there never were 46 million "uninsured"!
10 million were NOT eligible as they are NOT CITIZENS! So Obama's lie of 46 million uninsured Americans WAS not true!
14 million per the CENSUS were already eligible for MEDICAID/SCHIP... but due to the gross inefficiency of Obama's administration,weren't enrolled!
Finally they included 18 million that don't need (they are under 34 years and pay less then $1,000/year for health services )but could afford as they earn over $50,000 but don't participate with their employers' plans!
Yet they are falsely counted to bloat the number to 46 million!
The fact is there were less then 4 million that truly wanted and needed!
Now as far as Pre-existing conditions that Obama said up to half of all Americans had?
FALSE! 85% of Americans are covered by business/Medicare/Medicaid that don't have pre-existing conditions issue.
So that left less then 1.5 million that were at one time either not have coverage or had to pay a higher premium!
But that was a LIE... never were 155 million suffering from "pre-existing conditions" preventing insurance!

These were just two of the gross lies used to pass the law! FALSELY!

What the F<<<K Idiots!!!

Built on LIES...

How dumb is Obama? I thought Biden was the dumb one but after this Biden might be the brains of the organization

Forum List

Back