Schumer Calls for Using IRS to Curtail Tea Party Activities

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I've always said that if you scratch a liberal, underneath you'll find a fascist. Now they have no shame about revealing their fascist agenda.

Schumer Calls for Using IRS to Curtail Tea Party Activities | Washington Free Beacon

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) proposed using the Internal Revenue Service to curtail Tea Party group funding during a speech on how to “exploit” and “weaken” the movement at the Center for American Progress on Thursday.

Arguing that Tea Party groups have a financial advantage after the Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United decision, Schumer said the Obama administration should bypass Congress and institute new campaign finance rules through the IRS.

“It is clear that we will not pass anything legislatively as long as the House of Representatives is in Republican control, but there are many things that can be done administratively by the IRS and other government agencies—we must redouble those efforts immediately,” Schumer said.​

Yep, they've stopped hiding their true selves and now are out in our face

this is what people voted for, so I just hope you aren't targeted next by your own elected politician

How awful are these people in this Progressive/Democrat commie party

The IRS job is to curtail unlawful activities by any group, liberal or conservative or in between.

The IRS job is to curtail unlawful activities by any group, liberal or conservative or in between.

I assume you watched the hearings not long back about the Tea Party IRS stuff. I did too. Can you tell us what those people did that was illegal or even suspicious?

he isn't talking about going after liberal groups, he is only talking about using the IRS as an attack dog on conservative groups. and lo and behold, you don't condemn that, in fact, you tacitly give approval.

you're sick.

You mean more than they already are?

Whenever a government official talks about bypassing Congress, we should be worried.

he isn't talking about going after liberal groups, he is only talking about using the IRS as an attack dog on conservative groups. and lo and behold, you don't condemn that, in fact, you tacitly give approval.

you're sick.

No kidding...I think he has his brown shirt pressed and jack boots shined just waiting for the government to call for his service

I assume you watched the hearings not long back about the Tea Party IRS stuff. I did too. Can you tell us what those people did that was illegal or even suspicious?

you're sick.

No kidding...I think he has his brown shirt pressed and jack boots shined just waiting for the government to call for his service

Jake supports every jack booted effort devised as long as it targets anyone he says is "rightwing extremist".

Step 1: Institute a law criminalizing whatever you want. Call it a necessary step to clarify the law.
Step 2: Prosecute selected groups for violating the law.
Step 3: Claim you were only following the law.

Hey it worked for the Nazis and Soviets.

We are done as free country and as Free people

this government is now in charge of you and you cross them they will find a way to come after you

I never thought I'd live to see this, and the people just sit by like meek little mice

The law states:

Section 501(c)(4)
social welfare organizations
are tax
-
exempt
organizations that have as
their primary purpose engaging in social welfare activities.
Section 501(c)(4) defines
social
welfare organizations
as:
Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively
for the promotion of
social welfare, or local associations of employees, the
membership of which is limited to the employees of a designated person or
persons . . . and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable,
educational, or recreational purposes
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/electionla...01(c)(4) Social Welfare Organizations v.6.pdf
It's ILLEGAL to engage in political activities.

The law states:

Section 501(c)(4)
are tax
-
exempt
social
welfare organizations
as:
Civic leagues or organizations not organized for profit but operated exclusively
for the promotion of
persons . . . and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable,
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/electionla...01(c)(4) Social Welfare Organizations v.6.pdf

We knew you'd stick up for this government...maybe they'll come out and find it's illegal for you to post on the Internet...

The law states:

Section 501(c)(4)
are tax
-
exempt
social
welfare organizations
as:
for the promotion of

Where does that statement make it illegal to engage in politics for these groups? It only makes it not applicable to a groups looking to make a profit, which Tea Party organizations usually do not do.

Educating people on topics is what the Tea party organizations do, which falls under this law.

A commie senator who has no problem being made irrelevant by the regime of the mulatto messiah, anyone surprised?

Aren't you embarrassed at how diaphanous your acceptance of the malevolence of the statists actions are....as long as it's Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrats?

"Conservative author and pundit Dinesh D’Souza charged in campaign finance case

.... limits on candidate donations have been dramatically surpassed by the increasingly common practice of using nonprofit groups as a vehicle to make unlimited contributions to independent political committees. Recent court decisions have sanctioned and encouraged large-dollar donations from individuals, unions and corporations, provided the funds are spent independently of a candidate’s official campaign.

.... in 2011, a prominent Los Angeles attorney, Pierce O’Donnell, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor chargest of making $20,000 in donations to the presidential campaign of former Sen. John Edwards and reimbursing straw donors.."
Conservative author and pundit Dinesh D?Souza charged in campaign finance case - The Washington Post

Of course the misdemeanor charges were for a Democrat donor to the 2004 presidential campaign of John Edwards.

Do you understand the difference?

Do you understand why so many see you as a fraud?

The law states:

Section 501(c)(4)
are tax
-
exempt
social
welfare organizations
as:
for the promotion of

What are you talking about? What is a "Political activity"?

I will simply say this to those who support this idea you will have a Republican President again I hope you will be as supportive of him or her using the I.R.S. as weapon against there political opposition as you seem to be now.

Forum List

Back