School Threatens to Ruin Valedictorian’s Naval Academy Appt.

God forgive you for taking-up such a position.

God forgives me every day. On this, the error is yours and the defenders of a willful student who knew the rules and broke them. He does not have the maturity or the mental willingness to obey authority at a military academy. I am sure that the Admissions committee has noted the newspaper reports and have redlined him.
Well, we are on opposite sides of the fence on this one, with little hope of reconciliation.

I've exhausted my ammunition in support of the kid, and don't have anything more of substance to contribute, without beginning to repeat myself, but I think that I (and some of our other pro-kid colleagues) have made a decent case to give him a shot at a future.

I will be interested in revisiting this in a couple of months to learn whether he was actually admitted to the Academy or not.

Actually, if he is being billed as Academy-bound, I am guessing (not sure here) that he is already accepted for the 2013 school year (don't Midshipmen-rookies [plebes?] report for a summer-camp, the summer prior to the beginning of their freshman year?).

If... IF that is true, then...

This would be a matter of the Academy REVERSING an existing decision... and, I'm having difficulty believing that any of our service academies would tell a kid that they're "IN", then kick them "OUT" again, before they've even reported for duty and before they've even taken their oaths, over something so obviously mischievous and light-weight and so obviously controversial (with respect to the Principal's vindictiveness) between the time they're accepted and the time they report for duty.

It MAY even be that the service academy has no valid BASIS for reversing their earlier decision to admit, and, frankly, given each academy's God-Family-Country mindset, the kid may very well be welcomed with open arms, ex officio, for righteously and courageously defying some vicious, vindictive little Godless Liberal Educator in the middle of the Bible Belt, as it may be perceived in the Officers' Mess on-campus.

Not sure if all of that is right, but, for the sake of the Kid, and the sake of those who line-up on his side on this one, I hope that I am.

We should know, soon enough.

Last edited:
"...You know what a real news source would do?? They wouldn't publish until they had a statement from the Principal..."
And when the Principal won't comment? Don't file the story? Let your competitors beat you to it?

Last edited:
this

but sasser said officials violated state and federal laws by censoring reimer’s speech. According to sasser, the law, and school policy, prohibits the school from editing or drafting the valedictorian's speech. The school is also required to include a disclaimer in the program saying the speech "is the private expression of the individual student and does not reflect the endorsement, sponsorship, position or expression of the district.”

that disclaimer was not included in the program, sasser said.

“these school officials broke the rules and violated state and federal law and their own board policy,” he added. “they should be held accountable for violating school board policy and causing needless embarrassment for joshua isd and the joshua community.”

There is more to the story than that, I suspect. The kid may be a foursquare prick and of poor character as alleged. However, if the OP is absolutely correct in its general charge, then the principal needs to resign.

The story almost always ends up different then what Fox News reports.

FOX doesn't report on what will happen in the future, nimrod.

Sasser's analyses factually and legally are in error as reported elsewhere.

I am done with this thread. The ignorant, like bripat, have been educated. Whether they have learned is something else.

Last edited:
Jake you always run away when you have your ass handed to you...it's like, yeah, so what.

this

but sasser said officials violated state and federal laws by censoring reimer’s speech. According to sasser, the law, and school policy, prohibits the school from editing or drafting the valedictorian's speech. The school is also required to include a disclaimer in the program saying the speech "is the private expression of the individual student and does not reflect the endorsement, sponsorship, position or expression of the district.”

that disclaimer was not included in the program, sasser said.

“these school officials broke the rules and violated state and federal law and their own board policy,” he added. “they should be held accountable for violating school board policy and causing needless embarrassment for joshua isd and the joshua community.”

Principal was completely in the wrong. This is crystal clear and no longer in question in any way, shape, or form.[/thread]

Sasser's analyses factually and legally are in error as reported elsewhere.

I am done with this thread. The ignorant, like bripat, have been educated. Whether they have learned is something else.

JakeTheFake to English translation:

Having been shown to be wrong (as well as stupid, vindictive, and sadistic), I will now run away like the pussy I am.

School Threatens to Ruin Valedictorian’s Naval Academy Appt.
A Texas high school principal threatened to sabotage a valedictorian’s appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy after the student delivered a speech that referenced God and the U.S. Constitution, the boy’s attorney alleges.

Hiram Sasser, director of litigation with the Liberty Institute, said Joshua High School principal Mick Cochran threatened to write a letter to the U.S. Naval Academy disparaging the character of Remington Reimer.

“It was intimidating having my high school principal threaten my future because I wanted to stand up for the Constitution and acknowledge my faith and not simply read a government approved speech, the teenager said.

--

“Specifically, he threatened to send a letter to the United States Naval Academy advising them that Remington has poor character or words to that effect,” Sasser told Fox News.

After consulting with a school attorney, the principal temporarily retracted the threat, Sasser said.

“The principal said he wanted to try to ruin him for what he did – for talking about the Constitution and his faith,” Sasser said. “I don’t know if he’s going to be able to continue to be the principal of that school.”​

Principal Little Bitch is a prick.

The kid needs to understand that in the course he has charted for himself there will be no such thing as free speach. If he is upset that the HS he has graduated from wants to approve his departing address he will REALLY hate the NAVY.

"The kid needs to understand that in the course he has charted for himself there will be no such thing as free speach..."
I'm guessing that the kid already understands this intellectually, and his time at the Academy will instill in him a sense for the limitations on free speech that one encounters in the military.

"...If he is upset that the HS he has graduated from wants to approve his departing address he will REALLY hate the NAVY."

Maybe so. But the kid has earned his shot at the Academy in order to find out.

Forum List

Back