School shootings are extraordinarily rare. Why is fear of them driving policy?

I noticed the NAACP helped alot with the march. Do they march with black families victimized by gangbanging, or just rich white entitled white kids?
There WERE kids speaking who have been victimized by gang wars. BLM was there.

Rare? What is rare?

They're rare in the UK, they haven't had one since 1996. The US has had many this year alone.

School shootings have been declining for two decades. Children are about 100 times more likely to die from drowning in a swimming pool. But the hype has been astronomical. The news loves it, it's good for ratings.

I noticed the NAACP helped alot with the march. Do they march with black families victimized by gangbanging, or just rich white entitled white kids?

It's funny you mentioned Black Lives Matter ... Especially since one of their founding principles is to protest law enforcement.

That would be the police.
When the law enforcement and military are the people with firearms ... It's called a Police State ... :thup:

Because they are extraordinarily deadly

Most people are appauled at the slaughter of children

We will not allow politicians to bow to these idiot kids who are gay twats and dont understand what keeps them free.

Machine guns or Valhalla. We will go down shooting.

Rare? What is rare?

They're rare in the UK, they haven't had one since 1996. The US has had many this year alone.

School shootings have been declining for two decades. Children are about 100 times more likely to die from drowning in a swimming pool. But the hype has been astronomical. The news loves it, it's good for ratings.

But there's a big difference between accidents and deliberate shootings.

Comparing the two is a little dishonest.

Do you have statistics to show school shooting have been declining for 2 decades?

Study: School Shootings Are Actually Rare and Declining

I've found a webpage that makes the same case as you do. Is it true?

It says there have been 4 school shootings this year. Well, that's a lot in only 3 months.

However is it 4 or are they just making up numbers?

Great Mills, Maryland. 2 dead. 17 year old student kills two people in this school.

Huffman High School, Birmingham, Alabama. 1 dead.
A school shooting? Well, no one is being charged with murder. A gun was taken to school, metal detectors were not being used that day, and a student was killed "accidentally." You could argue both ways. The reality is that kids aren't safe at schools and a student died as a result of guns.

Parkland Florida. 17 dead.

Oxon Hill High School, Maryland. No dead. Someone tried to rob someone else in a school parking lot. The shooting happened in a school, no one died.

So I'd guess this website would say it's not a school shooting, even though it was a shooting and it was at school. It wasn't a shooting in the same way as Parkland was. It wasn't a mass killing, but it was a shooting.

Sal Castro Middle School, zero dead. Two students were shot and injured in their classroom. A shooting in a school.

Marshall Country High School, two dead. Shot in the lobby of the school.

NET Charter High School, New Orleans. Zero killed. Shots were fired at students in the parking lot.

Italy High School, Texas, Zero dead. Shots fired but no one killed inside the school cafeteria.

So I've got eight there. How do they get it down to four? Ah, a school shooting is only a school shooting when A) students die and B) the aim of the shooter was to kill lots of random students.

That's rubbish. They're passing off school shootings as not school shootings because it's inconvenient for their message.

Give me a break.

So, their evidence that school shootings have been declining. I don't trust a single thing they say about school shootings, to be honest.

Yeah, except they are paid for by the same people that tells them what to do. They do what gets them paid.

It's funny you mentioned Black Lives Matter ... Especially since one of their founding principles is to protest law enforcement.

When the law enforcement and military are the people with firearms ... It's called a Police State ... :thup:

But there's a big difference between accidents and deliberate shootings.

Yes. Deliberate violence is the fault of the perpetrator. Deliberate acts call for surgical responses. Accidents are broad. Accidents can be widespread. When accidents call for wide net responses.

You're ass backwards.

As you know, BLM's founding principle is NOT to protest law enforcement; it is to protest uneven application of the law due to racial prejudice.

Forum List

Back