Say ByeBye to Choco Taco

The problem with another company buying the rights to the Choco Taco recipe is, that 99% of the time, they fuck up the recipe, as they think they can make it better or cheaper by fucking it up. Then it REALLY sinks in sales.

Much like when Hostess sold off their recipes for Twinkies, Ding Dongs, etc.... Other companies bought these recipes, and the product suffered greatly because of it. I've been eating Ding Dongs all of my life (keep your dirty comments to yourself please, LOL) and I KNOW what they taste like and feel like. After another company bought the Hostess recipe for Ding Dongs, they fucked it up. I can no longer eat them, as they are NOT the same thing.

People who complain about stuff like this seem like spoiled toddlers to me.

People just get used to a certain thing that is just a tiny bit of happiness in life. Lots of people remember getting these as kids on a Saturday afternoon, from the ice cream truck. Happy memories for them.

It's like BeechNut Hot Chocolate.
Considered THE best hot chocolate mix on the market for a very long time. And then the company was bought by another company, and they stopped making it. Outroar ensued, as well as letters and emails to the company.
But they refused to continue this Southern Tradition.
And fans knew that if they sold it to another company, it would not be the same thing. So we just let it go.
Happy memories.

And nowadays, everybody needs some happiness in their day, even if its just a novelty ice cream treat.

The reason is very clear.
They thought this was only going to be a small niche kind of thing.
It grew to become a major seller. And off the top you think that can only be a good thing right?
Wrong.
Why? They said so. "As you can imagine it is a complex product to make" - complex equals MONEY.
They are discontinuing it because it's popularity was eating into the sales of their other products that they make a lot more money off of and are easier and quicker to make.

It is a business decision. It was not supposed to become as popular as it did, probably instead of selling for $2.99 it would need to be $4.00 in order to make up for profits lost on lower sales on higher profit items.

Could be.
But other companies with such popular products that were just supposed to be a "one time gimmick", have adjusted their businesses and production lines to incorporate the continuation of such a big selling item.

One such method, is limiting the sales to a specific vendor. Such as a contract with 7-11 to sell the item at the current price.

They are able limit the production, cut back on production costs, but still have the product available to the public through a vendor that covers the whole USA, at a decent selling price.

The reason is very clear.
They thought this was only going to be a small niche kind of thing.
It grew to become a major seller. And off the top you think that can only be a good thing right?
Wrong.
Why? They said so. "As you can imagine it is a complex product to make" - complex equals MONEY.
They are discontinuing it because it's popularity was eating into the sales of their other products that they make a lot more money off of and are easier and quicker to make.

It is a business decision. It was not supposed to become as popular as it did, probably instead of selling for $2.99 it would need to be $4.00 in order to make up for profits lost on lower sales on higher profit items.

I imagine a more complex process then covering a brick of ice cream in chocolate.

If you think abortion is instant gratification I seriously doubt you have ever even spoken with a woman.

But don't all these women look instantly gratified? Look at how Joe's EO has gratified them all!

See the source image
See the source image

See the source image

Maybe these women need to learn that sleeping around wantonly until you finally get knocked up IS parenting by choice!

But don't all these women look instantly gratified? Look at how Joe's EO has gratified them all!

See the source image
See the source image

See the source image

Maybe these women need to learn that sleeping around wantonly until you finally get knocked up IS parenting by choice!
The thread is about snack food and losers who eat it. Go start another abortion thread and I'll give it all the attention it deserves.

The thread is about snack food and losers who eat it. Go start another abortion thread and I'll give it all the attention it deserves.
:imsorry3: :itsok: :boohoo: Pretty funny considering that YOU BROUGHT IT UP, Ace.
Maybe if those ladies all shove a ChocoTaco up their hoohoo, maybe they will
feel a lot more gratified! Chocolate is a wonderful mood elevator! :21:

Forum List

Back