Saudis order 40 lashes for elderly woman for mingling

Besides my mother telling me who can be in the house when they are gone, or more like who was NOT ALLOWED in to the house, (boys, boys or boys) when they were not at home when i was a teen....

I can't imagine ANYONE dictating who can come in to my home and who can not!

I don't think we appreciate the kind of freedom America and other westernized countries have brought us...

Also, i truly do not understand this Wahhabism.... I thought Muslims respected the teachings and life of Jesus Christ? How could they accept all of the single women involved in the single Jesus's life that followed him and went in to rooms with him without chaperone or other relatives present?

Hey, they said the same thing about you.
True, but their allegations of heresy hold no water. I feel that mine do for multiple reasons. Most notably, Wahhabis destroyed mosques, shrines, and other important structures in the two holy cities, including the shrine of the prophet's daughter Fatima. They even intended to destroy the shrine of the prophet himself. During their occupation of Mecca, they prevented non-Wahhabis from completing the hajj (pilgrimage.) What they destroyed wasn't rebuilt until the Ottoman Turks occupied the area years later

2:114 - And who is more unjust than he who prevents men from the mosques of Allah, from His name being remembered therein, and strives to ruin them? As for these, it was not proper for them to enter them except in fear. For them is disgrace in this world, and theirs is a grievous chastisement in the Hereafter.

Additionally, they believe that God is anthropomorphic and actually "sits on a throne." They're full of it.

More info:
Wahabis
Saudi Arabia - THE SAUD FAMILY AND WAHHABI ISLAM

And I understand that the Saudi money that supports so many mosques in America preach Wahbi-Islam. Should we have a poll of moslems?
They don't support as many as the yellow media would have you believe. No number of petrodollars can convince the majority of discerning Muslims that Wahhabi heresies are correct.

Also, i truly do not understand this Wahhabism.... I thought Muslims respected the teachings and life of Jesus Christ? How could they accept all of the single women involved in the single Jesus's life that followed him and went in to rooms with him without chaperone or other relatives present?

None of us understand Wahhabism. Muhammad himself, ﷺ, interacted extensively with his first wife before marriage. Before they were married, he worked for her. Later in his life, his other wives were active in the Muslim community and interacted with other men extensively as they spread the message of Islam. As you said, Jesus, عليه السلام, interacted with single women as well when he spread the message of Allah. Both would be criminals according to Wahhabi teachings.

None of us understand Wahhabism. Muhammad himself, ﷺ, interacted extensively with his first wife before marriage. Before they were married, he worked for her. Later in his life, his other wives were active in the Muslim community and interacted with other men extensively as they spread the message of Islam. As you said, Jesus, عليه السلام, interacted with single women as well when he spread the message of Allah. Both would be criminals according to Wahhabi teachings.

You know, it is difficult for those of us outside of the Ummah to distinguish one one form of Islam from another, but, actully, our interest is in recognizing Radical Islam, and comparing it to those forms with which we can live. Don't you agree?

Muhammed and Jesus like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid---who woulda thunk it ?

thank you for answering....

why, when Muslims speak of Jesus, they always say, May Peace be upon him?

You have to admit PC, Kalam does a much better job of creating rational discussion on Islam than Sunni Man did!

You know, it is difficult for those of us outside of the Ummah to distinguish one one form of Islam from another, but, actully, our interest is in recognizing Radical Islam, and comparing it to those forms with which we can live. Don't you agree?

I do.

The most dangerous forms of radicalism are those that support aggressive warfare and the killing of innocents. If more non-Muslims recognized the distinction between these radical forms of Islam and more orthodox forms of Islam, it would make it easier for us to marginalize dangerous ideologies within our faith.

I do.

The most dangerous forms of radicalism are those that support aggressive warfare and the killing of innocents. If more non-Muslims recognized the distinction between these radical forms of Islam and more orthodox forms of Islam, it would make it easier for us to marginalize dangerous ideologies within our faith.

A simple test, according to Tawfik Hamid, in his book, “Inside Jihad,” is to ask if the subject of questioning supports the following:
A) Killing of Apostates, those who decide to leave the religion
B) Beating of women, and stoning them to death for infractions
C) Calling Jews Pigs and Monkeys
D) Declaring war on non-Muslims either to convert them, or to have them pay a second-class citizen tax
E) Enslave and rape female war prisoners, as in Darfur
F) Fight and kill Jews as preparation for the end days
G) Kill gays

Would I be correct in assuming that you, and those you know, support none of the above?

Last edited:
Fahd told the policeman that he had the right to be there, because Sawadi had breast-fed him as a baby and was therefore considered to be a son to her in Islam, according to Al-Watan

Fahd returned home to quench his thirst.

thank you for answering....

why, when Muslims speak of Jesus, they always say, May Peace be upon him?

It comes from a Qur'anic commandment in 33:56 -

Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet. O you who believe, call for blessings on him and salute him with a salutation.

Some ahadith seem to require it as well -

Al-Bayhaqi reports that Abu Hurayrah said that Muhammad said:

Send blessings on Allah's messengers and prophets, for Allah sent them as He sent me.

It's simply a way of honoring dead people of great importance to Islam, especially prophets and their companions.

A simple test, according to Tawfik Hamid, in his book, “Inside Jihad,” is to ask if the subject of questioning supports the following:
D) Declaring war on non-Muslims either to convert them, or to have them pay a second-class citizen tax
G) Kill gays

Would I be correct in assuming that you, and those you know, support none of the above?

Yes, you'd be correct as far as my beliefs are concerned. I rarely associate with other Muslims, though, so I can't speak for them. I'd say that most Americans who practice Islam seem to be against those practices, as all of the things listed by Hamid either contradict the Qur'an or are based on misunderstandings of it.

G) Kill gays

Yes, you'd be correct as far as my beliefs are concerned. I rarely associate with other Muslims, though, so I can't speak for them. I'd say that most Americans who practice Islam seem to be against those practices, as all of the things listed by Hamid either contradict the Qur'an or are based on misunderstandings of it.

We are of one mind, and America welcomes all who feel this way.

They got some fucked up laws in this world, one reason I oppose getting too involved with those countries, all we do is waste lives and money, they not gonna change.

Saudi Arabia comes dead last if we are to rank the entire world on human rights and due process. And it's a shining example of how Washington picks its allies geostrategically, despite the rhetoric that open liberal democracies make for best friends and perfect political partners, and despite the fact that we use the human rights issue to justify our [often times disastrous and hypocritical] stance on several international developments. On the other hand, when Hamas wins democratic elections in Gaza, we refuse to recognize it, simply because we didn't like the result of the very democratic system we were pushing for.

i was still in high school and worked part time, with a girl a lttle older than me from iraq who was here on a visa, going to a university here...she was a remarkably bright and filled with a joyous personality...spoke english perfectly, very slight accent, studying medical technology so she could be a med tech back in iraq....this was during the time of the hostages in iran...right before they were released.

i remember once we all went out for am ice creme sunday after work and the hostage crisis came up...she made certain she told us she was from Iraq, where the good guys were, and that she was iraqi, NOT iranean!!!

Little did she know that soon enough, American foreign policy will no longer find Saddam Hussein useful, and decide that Iraq is the bad guy. Suddenly, the Kurds -who were being oppressed back when Saddam Hussein was a "good guy"- are victims and America's new cause celebre. But the Bush Sr, Clinton, and Bush Jr administrations didn't want us to remember -or know- the chronological order of things. :eusa_shhh:

You're absolutely right. Funny how things change.

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia comes dead last if we are to rank the entire world on human rights and due process. And it's a shining example of how Washington picks its allies geostrategically, despite the rhetoric that open liberal democracies make for best friends and perfect political partners, and despite the fact that we use the human rights issue to justify our [often times disastrous and hypocritical] stance on several international developments. On the other hand, when Hamas wins democratic elections in Gaza, we refuse to recognize it, simply because we didn't like the result of the very democratic system we were pushing for.

i was still in high school and worked part time, with a girl a lttle older than me from iraq who was here on a visa, going to a university here...she was a remarkably bright and filled with a joyous personality...spoke english perfectly, very slight accent, studying medical technology so she could be a med tech back in iraq....this was during the time of the hostages in iran...right before they were released.

i remember once we all went out for am ice creme sunday after work and the hostage crisis came up...she made certain she told us she was from Iraq, where the good guys were, and that she was iraqi, NOT iranean!!!

Little did she know that soon enough, American foreign policy will no longer find Saddam Hussein useful, and decide that Iraq is the bad guy. Suddenly, the Kurds -who were being oppressed back when Saddam Hussein was a "good guy"- are victims and America's new cause celebre. But the Bush Sr, Clinton, and Bush Jr administrations didn't want us to remember -or know- the chronological order of things. :eusa_shhh:

I wouldn't say dead last, but it's gotta be somewhere down there.

We should recognize the "legitimacy" of a KNOWN international terrorist organization and the people who voted for it to represent them to the world as their government?:cuckoo:

To sum it up, you're saying our politicians act like politicians. Wow. What a revelation.:lol:

And the Saudis are considered to be our good friends in the Middle East. The Saudi Royal family are spit-swapping buddies with the Bushes, and donated hundreds of millions to the Clinton Foundation and Billy's library. But since we need the Saudi oil, we are blind, deaf, and dumb to issues such as this!

Forum List

Back