Saturday,Sunday Or BOTH?

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
I don't touch the subject of religion to often because most times it can start a fight faster then politics. For the balance of argument I would LIKE to stick to the King James Version.

Okay here goes...

Some groups argue that the day for worship is on Saturday AND that IS called for in the Bible. Some others argue it IS Sunday and it's called for in the Bible. Now my point is NOT for you to pick a day but examine BOTH callings.

Saturday is called for so man can have his personal time with God for study and prayer.

Sunday is called for man to gather with others of their kind to JOINTLY study and worship.

So is it not possible that TWO days were set aside for TWO different reasons?

Thoughts?
Fury

The day only mattered in reference to it being the holy number 7, because you are to keep the (seventh) day
"in rememberance of the name".
Pays to know Hebrew (hence my post about knowing Hebrew to secret the name).

I don't touch the subject of religion to often because most times it can start a fight faster then politics. For the balance of argument I would LIKE to stick to the King James Version.

Okay here goes...

Some groups argue that the day for worship is on Saturday AND that IS called for in the Bible. Some others argue it IS Sunday and it's called for in the Bible. Now my point is NOT for you to pick a day but examine BOTH callings.

Saturday is called for so man can have his personal time with God for study and prayer.

Sunday is called for man to gather with others of their kind to JOINTLY study and worship.

Thoughts?
Fury

Muslims observe Friday, Jews observe Saturday, Christian observe Sunday

Church has already acknowledged that most of the dating and the calendar itself is based on erroneous calculations.

Sunday in the christian church is observed because it was a roman pagan observance. Many dates and holidays are originally pagan.

Okay here goes...

Thoughts?
Fury
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
Acts 20:7

The first day of the week is Sunday. The people of God gathered on the first day of the week in the book of Acts.

The Sabbath which is Saturday has never been a day for gathering together as God appointed the Sabbath as a day of rest. A day of rest is one in which you are not doing any activity including church activity. You are resting. The Sabbath is for man. Not man for the Sabbath.

Christians are not under the law. The Christians in the early church were constantly meeting and worshiping God - you could have church (coming together) 7 days a week. The new covenant is you are not obligated to observe any holy days, Sabbath keeping, because our liberty is in Jesus Christ.

This is what the New Testament teaches about it:

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

(Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Colossians Chapter 2:8 -23

Take one day and hold it holy.
Worry not if your brother holds one day more sacred than another.
Let there be no stumbling block.
:cool:

Amen. Come together when you can come together - if you have a home church it may be Wednesday night is going to work for you. If you can come together more than one day a week all the better! Be with your brethren as often as possible.

What good is your gathering if it ignores the fact that it's done to remember the name that is focus and secreted in that "Seventh" day......why leave out that important clue/instruction?
What good is keeping the day that is based on figuring out that focus if it blots out the name you are to focus and notice and thus know which prophet is true and which is false? Remember you could not answer the simplest question:
Why do you change the Torah transliteration of words ending in ev to ewb in the NT? You did it with your post when you said Shew instead of Shev.
It's the Sheva (7th day) not the Shewba day.
The bread in the Temple is not pronounced Shewb.
THE Hindus do not call him Shewba.

Can't we just split the difference and just go with Saturday Night?

Okay here goes...

Thoughts?
Fury

doesn't matter which day you put aside for the Lord.

Forum List

Back