Sarah Palin, Fred Thompson show leadership, while Huckabee and Romney exude cowardice

Lets see the choices palin faced:
1. stay governor and go broke because the dems kept filing bogus ethics charges against her. At last count they were 0 - 17, but Palin had to pay to defend herself, and she was not a wealthy person.

2. Resign with AK in excellent fiscal shape, take a book deal worth $7,000,000 and hit the lucrative speaker trail.

Tough choice, but hey this is America and people are free to "pursue happiness", and wealth. Look at the dem governors who resigned in disgrace, McGreevy, Blago, and Spitzer. Then we have the next batch getting voted out, Corzine and VA.

So Plain looks great and she is making a ton of money, with AK in good hands. I hope the a$$holes that files the bogus ethics charges feel like idiots.

Soooooo.......a woman who has all of this mega-support who could have easily raised a mega defense fund from her supporters instead chose to QUIT and put herself on the market to make herself rich. And many of my so called fellow "conservatives" are good with this? Wow! Just wow! So much for personal responsibility and integrity.

I am a conservative and I am just fine with it. No where in history has a politician been so mischaracterized, her children attacked,etc. She chose not to raise millions of dollars to WASTE it against these frivolous ethics charges. This demonstrates strong ethics and character to me.

She did the right thing and she also pointed out the people in the political arena who attack small children thinking they are furthering their cause. In reality, all they did, was make total donkey asses out of themselves for doing it.

Last edited:
blah blah blah! her family lost over 500k defending against phoney lawsuites. she didnt go begging for cash and she did not make government her personal trough to suck out of. the state was losing money and so was her family, she did the right thing, she got up and got out instead of having her familys life savings, and state resources burned up by bullshit. this proves she knows the value of a dollar, and it proves she knows how to keep her familys business afloat. Im sure you would have loved to see her bank account brought to naught so you could sit back and squawk about how "shes so fucking stupid she lost all her money just so she could stay in government."

Wow! That's amazing. That was EXACTLY what I was thinking! You should take your mind reading act on the road and make millions. Maybe Sarah will let you tag along on her book tour. :cuckoo:

nothing huh? thought so. that was easy!

You didn't give me anything to work with beyond talk radio talking point excuses. Sorry to disappoint.

I love the way people keep trying to throw spears at Sarah Palin. Everytime they do that it just gives her more exposure and something for people with common sense to think about. I think she's a great person and I'm a Sarah Palin fan for sure. I like Fred Thompson too. While you may not agree with the personal brand of politics that each of these people have, you have to admit that they are more honorable people then the scumbags currently serving in the White House and in Congress. Either one of them would get my vote for whatever office they were trying to get elected into.

I love the way people keep trying to throw spears at Sarah Palin. Everytime they do that it just gives her more exposure and something for people with common sense to think about. I think she's a great person and I'm a Sarah Palin fan for sure. I like Fred Thompson too. While you may not agree with the personal brand of politics that each of these people have, you have to admit that they are more honorable people then the scumbags currently serving in the White House and in Congress. Either one of them would get my vote for whatever office they were trying to get elected into.

Awesome GOP ticket for 2012. Palin/Thompson. Which one would quit first?

Lets see the choices palin faced:
1. stay governor and go broke because the dems kept filing bogus ethics charges against her. At last count they were 0 - 17, but Palin had to pay to defend herself, and she was not a wealthy person.

2. Resign with AK in excellent fiscal shape, take a book deal worth $7,000,000 and hit the lucrative speaker trail.

Tough choice, but hey this is America and people are free to "pursue happiness", and wealth. Look at the dem governors who resigned in disgrace, McGreevy, Blago, and Spitzer. Then we have the next batch getting voted out, Corzine and VA.

So Plain looks great and she is making a ton of money, with AK in good hands. I hope the a$$holes that files the bogus ethics charges feel like idiots.

Soooooo.......a woman who has all of this mega-support who could have easily raised a mega defense fund from her supporters instead chose to QUIT and put herself on the market to make herself rich. And many of my so called fellow "conservatives" are good with this? Wow! Just wow! So much for personal responsibility and integrity.

I am a conservative and I am just fine with it. No where in history has a politician been so mischaracterized, her children attacked,etc. She chose not to raise millions of dollars to WASTE it against these frivolous ethics charges. This demonstrates strong ethics and character to me.

She did the right thing and she also pointed out the people in the political arena who attack small children thinking they are furthering their cause. In reality, all they did, was make total donkey asses out of themselves for doing it.

She quits when the going gets tough (and the poll numbers start dropping) - that speaks volumes about her character and no amount of spin is going to white wash it.

Actually I'd like the Romney/Petraus ticket.

I'm also buying Palins book just to piss the libs off.

BTW Hillary quit her job as senator.

Enjoy the 2010 mid-terms, if NJ is any indication Obama is a lame-duck already.

Quitting a job while campaigning for another is a whole different matter than just quitting the job and walking away.

Quitting a job while campaigning for another is a whole different matter than just quitting the job and walking away.

Especially walking away when your poll ratings start to tank :lol:

ITS QUITTING AN ELECTED JOB TO DO SOMETHING ELSE. If Hillary can change jobs, so can Palin. She had 7,000,000 great reasons to resign as governor and take a better job.

ITS QUITTING AN ELECTED JOB TO DO SOMETHING ELSE. If Hillary can change jobs, so can Palin. She had 7,000,000 great reasons to resign as governor and take a better job.

So you would be fine voting for someone who might decide to just "quit" her job as President in order to take a lucrative book deal then and high paying speaking engagements? It's a better paying job ....

With all due respect, that is just ignorant reasoning. A person runs for elected office to serve their community, county, state or nation. They have a contract of sorts in saying that if you elect me, I will represent you. Not I'll do it until an opportunity to cash in on my notorioty presnts itself and then walk out. Seriously, would you vote a second time for a person willing to just up and quit on a whim? Seriously? Is making a buck over fulfilling your contract as a public servant the bottom line for you? She quit. She quit because she couldn't handle the pressure and she saw a chance to cash in on her 15 minutes of fame and make a pocket full of money. You can respect that if you want, but I'm old school conservative and I can't and won't. I personally don't think she represents true conservative values. I hold her in the same esteem as I do Oliver North who simply uses their "fame" to turn a buck.

So you would be fine voting for someone who might decide to just "quit" her job as President in order to take a lucrative book deal then and high paying speaking engagements? It's a better paying job ....

Yes. This is America. Anyone can quit any job at any time for any reason.

Look at some of the other governors who left office recently.
"Black socks" Spitzer couldn't afford a 7-diamond girl.
"closet" McGreevy and his gay israeli lover, who he tried to give the top job for NJ security
"show-me-the-money" Blago who tried to sell influence, even after he knew he was being wire-tapped.

So some people want to focus on Palin who had to defend herself against bogus (0 - 17) ethics charges, and go broke, or take the $7,000,000 book deal. Choices don't get any easier than that. The topper is that AK is in great fiscal shape.

With all due respect, that is just ignorant reasoning. A person runs for elected office to serve their community, county, state or nation. They have a contract of sorts in saying that if you elect me, I will represent you. Not I'll do it until an opportunity to cash in on my notorioty presnts itself and then walk out. Seriously, would you vote a second time for a person willing to just up and quit on a whim? Seriously? Is making a buck over fulfilling your contract as a public servant the bottom line for you? She quit. She quit because she couldn't handle the pressure and she saw a chance to cash in on her 15 minutes of fame and make a pocket full of money. You can respect that if you want, but I'm old school conservative and I can't and won't. I personally don't think she represents true conservative values. I hold her in the same esteem as I do Oliver North who simply uses their "fame" to turn a buck.

You conveniently forgot to mention the 0 - 17 ethics charges.
Seriously, tell me this "would you stay governor and end up bankrupt from bogus ethics charges or take a $7,000,000 book deal?"

Seriously. Answer the question.

"closet" McGreevy and his gay israeli lover, who he tried to give the top job for NJ security
"show-me-the-money" Blago who tried to sell influence, even after he knew he was being wire-tapped.

So some people want to focus on Palin who had to defend herself against bogus (0 - 17) ethics charges, and go broke, or take the $7,000,000 book deal. Choices don't get any easier than that. The topper is that AK is in great fiscal shape.

Sigh...typical....can't stay on topic, has to try to deflect the issue. We're not talking about Dem retards (or for that matter other PUB RETARDS) - we're talking about Palin.

Your credability has deteriorated to Palin-cult status if you think a quitter is a good idea in the presidency....:doubt:

You conveniently forgot to mention the 0 - 17 ethics charges.
Seriously, tell me this "would you stay governor and end up bankrupt from bogus ethics charges or take a $7,000,000 book deal?"

Seriously. Answer the question.

Obama had all those frivolous birther lawsuits to contend with.

He didn't quit to pursue a bookdeal. :eusa_whistle:

Sigh...typical....can't stay on topic, has to try to deflect the issue. We're not talking about Dem retards (or for that matter other PUB RETARDS) - we're talking about Palin.

Your credability has deteriorated to Palin-cult status if you think a quitter is a good idea in the presidency....

"credibility" I won't poke fun at spelling, but it is funny to criticize someone with a mis-spell.

But back to the discussion. The left wants to ride Palin, so don't whine when we don't toe the party line of bullshit. Answer this question honestly.
If you were Palin, and were being beset with bogus ethics charges, with the score 0 -17 and you were running out of money, and had the opportunity to make $7,000,000 but only if you resigned your $125k governor's job, what would you do? <honestly>
Lets talk about "credibility".....

Your credability has deteriorated to Palin-cult status if you think a quitter is a good idea in the presidency....

"credibility" I won't poke fun at spelling, but it is funny to criticize someone with a mis-spell.

But back to the discussion. The left wants to ride Palin, so don't whine when we don't toe the party line of bullshit. Answer this question honestly.
If you were Palin, and were being beset with bogus ethics charges, with the score 0 -17 and you were running out of money, and had the opportunity to make $7,000,000 but only if you resigned your $125k governor's job, what would you do? <honestly>
Lets talk about "credibility".....

We all make spelling errors when typing...probably you have on occassion, also. We don't need spelling monitors...just sayin...

I have no idea why you're continually trying to "defend" Sarah Palin on this one point. Whatever other good or bad points she has, it's pretty clear that quitting your job as Governor in order to make more money from a book deal, while just over half-way through your term, isn't a "positive" attribute in the eyes of most people.

I'm not blaming her for doing it - hey, if she needed the money and was sick of being attacked, well, that's her choice. But it absolutely shows that she lacks the sort of intestinal fortitude to ever serve as President - I mean, President Obama is attacked viciously every day by a hard-core segment of wing-nuts, and there is NO doubt he could make far, far more money by selling books and going on speaking tours, but it seems he has a thicker skin.

You keep asking other people, "well, what would YOU do, honestly??", but that's irrelevant. None of us are being portrayed as possible Presidential nominees, and none of us try to portray ourselves as some sort of "soldier in the cause".

Plenty of people have sold out their ideals for money - and for enough money, maybe most of us would. And most of us would make lousy Presidents, however highly we regard ourselves. Sarah Palin absolutely fits in that camp: she bailed out of Alaska when the pressures got too much (financially, and politically) in order to make money from a book that she didn't even write - it's "ghost written" for her. Does that make her a bad person? No.

Does it make her somebody that could win the GOP primary campaign? LOL... no way. But like I keep saying: please, by all means, convince her to run in 2012, that would be like, free tickets to the circus for the rest of us.

As for "Romney/Petraeus" (you might want to learn how to spell his name, if you plan to support him, lol), well, Patraeus would be a sure vote-getter for a lot of moderates that can't stand Palin. But - nobody really knows just how "conservative" he is. And if he turns out to be a moderate - are the tea-baggers going to come out in droves to vote for him?

That's the conundrum for the GOP in 2012: What combination can they pick that will appease the tea-baggers, while not alienating moderates (the combination of McCain/Palin was bad, mainly because Palin literally brought out liberals to vote against her). Maybe something like a "Patraeus/Huckabee", where Huckabee (as VP) wouldn't seem too threatening to independents, being reigned in by the actual nominee, Patraeus.

If the economy is doing well by spring of 2012, though, forget it. Obama will get reelected anyway.

I have no idea why the left keeps hounding Palin. She has absolutely ZERO chance of being on a GOP ticket. It makes more sense to hound some of these
Dem Scandals
Palin committed no crime. She committed no ethics violation, 0 - 17 at last count. So the continued criticism of her is purely political.
She did not sell out ideals, anymore than Senator Stevens who lost his seat due to prosecutorial misconduct lost his. Palin resigned because she had to. Because it would have been stupid not to.
I congratulate her for capping her political career with financial stability. I hope she does well on the lucrative speaking tour.

As for 2012, time will tell. I think we both agree that a Romney/Petraeus ticket would be a lot stronger than a Huckabee/anyone ticket, or a Palin/anyone ticket. Don't be too sure that IF the economy improves Obama is a shoo-in. Medicare will be on the verge of bankruptcy, cap+trade will be kicking in, the price of gas is projected to be up, and his other leftist policies will be very unpopular to voters. Time will tell, but I'm looking forward to 2010 as a preview....

I have no idea why the left keeps hounding Palin. She has absolutely ZERO chance of being on a GOP ticket.

Because she puts herself out on the stage and in the spotlight as someone of importance. When a person chooses to do that, then they open their llves up to the public theatre whether they want to or not. It has nothing to do with being hounded by the left (after all, look how Hillary Clinton and the Obamas have been hounded by the right). Look at all the frivolous birther lawsuits Obama has had to deal with.

Forum List

Back