Santos Expelled from House

Tumblin Tumbleweed

Gold Member
Mar 16, 2015
My, my. George Santos becomes only the sixth member in history to be expelled from the House. It would seem the latest crop of GOP lawmakers have been scraped from the bottom of the barrel, so hopefully this is some sign of reforms to come within the chamber.

Thoughts?

My, my. George Santos becomes only the sixth member in history to be expelled from the House. It would seem the latest crop of GOP lawmakers have been scraped from the bottom of the barrel, so hopefully this is some sign of reforms to come within the chamber.

Thoughts?
He is a fraud who conned voters to seat him in Congress.

Thoughts?
The rush to judgment exposes every Congresscritter who voted for the expulsion.

Santos is clearly a weird person. But he, so far, has only been accused of crimes. No crimes have yet been proved to have been committed by him.

So, this vote says that every member who voted to expel doesn’t give a damn about the presumption of innocence. Not just the Dims. Also about a hundred nominal Republicans.

Thoughts?
While I believe it is a good thing that he is out and the system works, I can't go along with your other thought. I don't believe in either party, but at least, in this case, the Repubs seem to be willing to dump their obvious dishonest members, while the Dems seem much less willing.

I am shocked that the repubs actually disciplined their own. It is telling that he has not been convicted of crimes, only indicted. The Ethics Committee did do a report, but can the repubs discipline Santos, who has a couple indictments and not discipline their 2024 frontrunner for the presidency...when he has far more indictments and of a more serious nature? Of course, they will ignore the similarities.

Thoughts?

Well he gets to keep getting paid and doesn't have to go to work. I doubt he is crying too much over it behind closed doors.

While I believe it is a good thing that he is out and the system works, I can't go along with your other thought. I don't believe in either party, but at least, in this case, the Repubs seem to be willing to dump their obvious dishonest members, while the Dems seem much less willing.
Since he's the first candidate found to be running and being elected on a completely fabricated background, there's little precedence to make predictions based on party.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
Yea!

TRUMP santos dark plus Romney.png

No, they didn't. If the Constitution is not enough for your personal triggered idea of due process, I have nothing more to tell you. :dunno:

Say goodbye to Georgie boy.
I still don’t have a rat’s ass about Santos.

And the House rules are not part of the Constitution. And any House rule which denies a member of his or her presumption of innocence has gone afoul of the Constitution, itself.

You never have anything to tell anyone. Youre a void.

Forum List

Back