Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

Fine, delude yourself all you want.

The facts are on my side. :)

What "facts" were you thinking of when you typed, "You wouldn't know"?

Would you disagree with the statistic stating that a majority (more than 50%) of degree holders are republican?

I would and I am a Republican.
But like I stated before, that doesn't matter as most folks with degrees are educated far beyond their intelligence.
Take a look at Congress. Do the math.

Educated kids are elitists and Colleges just indoctrinate them to liberal ideology
You have learned the truth. Well done.

That is funny right there. I have two degrees and there wasn't a liberal to be found in either of them.
There are no shortage of liberals on college campuses but there are also no shortages of right wing kooks on college campuses.
Something about freedom of speech. When I was in business school the thought was 100% conservative in most all my classes. A BBA is a valuable degree and the course load is heavy on math, finance, economics and statistics.
No partisan politics to most of it.

Educated kids are elitists and Colleges just indoctrinate them to liberal ideology
You have learned the truth. Well done.

That is funny right there. I have two degrees and there wasn't a liberal to be found in either of them.
There are no shortage of liberals on college campuses but there are also no shortages of right wing kooks on college campuses.
Something about freedom of speech. When I was in business school the thought was 100% conservative in most all my classes. A BBA is a valuable degree and the course load is heavy on math, finance, economics and statistics.
No partisan politics to most of it.

While finishing my physics degree I have yet to encounter any political discussion in any class I have had except for economics and psychology (both are required GE's). This is in California, and there was no shortage of opinions from both sides of the spectrum, and the professors have never once taken a side except to prove a point.

Obama's step dad worked for big oil.

Lolo was the dude that was the P relations with Exxon Mobile.

Obama was never a street kid. He always had a silver spoon in his mouth.

These kids would be trying on this "raised by a single mother" crap on Susan Sarandon's kids if it advanced the leftist agenda. Rich sluts who think it's trendy to sleep around and have kids outside of marriage ain't exactly tuggin' the ol' heartstrings.

Yeah, especially when you can see their naked pictures on the internet. Imagine if a Republican candidate had naked pictures of his mother all over the internet. The media jackals would never let him live it down.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiRGRvE_Wqg]Caddyshack- The World Need Ditch Diggers, Too - YouTube[/ame]

No. I'm saying that if parents have to pay higher taxes to support a bunch of lay-abouts who want to party for 4 years, then a lot of them won't have money to pay for things like orthodontia for their kids.

Why do you hate education?

Why do you hate children who only want to have straight teeth?

Do turds like you think this argument convinces anyone of anything?

Yes and no. From his perspective, that of a Monarchist in love with Dynastic rule, Somalia is sort of left leaning.

His preference would have been that America lose it's revolution and we still be living under the rule of royalty.

But watcha gonna do? :dunno:

If you examine the historical record, monarchies have performed better than democracies. They consumed less of the country's wealth and allowed their citizens more individual freedom. They also enjoyed greater economic growth.

I would prefer it if the Constitution had never been adopted and we remained under the articles of Confederation. Creating a federal government is the biggest mistake this country ever made.

:lol:

You can't be serious. Oh wait..you are.

Democratic Republics have far out performed Kingdoms, Monarchies, Dictatorships and any other conservative forms of government. Rome (when it was a Democracy) and the United States are proof of that.

Wrong. They have not outperformed monarchies. Name one monarchy that racked up a national debt equal to 100% of the country's GDP.

What basis could you possibly have for claiming democracies perform better than monarchies? The record clearly shows that they don't.

The United States has had a limited franchise for most of its existence. As the franchise has expanded, the worse the country has done. Again, name one monarchy that racked up a national debt equal to 100% of the country's GDP.

Rome was a Republic, not a Democracy. The aristocracy ran Rome, not the rabble.

Could this nutjob stoop any lower? Now Obama is a snob for wanting kids to go to college?

Rick Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Hubris' And 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

The most animated exchange of former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum's Saturday morning event in Manchester, N.H. came when he called out President Obama for his "hubris" and "snobbery" for proclaiming that all U.S. children should get a college education.

I was so outraged by the president of the United States for standing up and saying every child in America should go to college. Well who are you? Who are you to say that every child in America should [go to college]? I mean, the hubris of this president to think that he knows what's best.
I have seven kids. Maybe they will all go to college. But if one of my kids wants to go and be an auto-mechanic, good for him. That's a good paying job: using your hands, using your mind. This is the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up America, defend your own freedoms. And overthrow these folks who think they know how to orchestrate every aspect of your lives.
You really are a FOOL,President Obama just wants the American Youth to attain the Best Education they can,and there is NO SNOBBERY IN THAT,anyway you shall have to improve if you want to keep up with the Chinese etc,.

Your the sort of nego(negative individual)that had you been around to see Jesus Walk On Water.......YOU WOULD HAVE REPORTED "THAT JESUS COULDN'T SWIM":cuckoo:

I find it irritating that so many Americans think that they know it all and President Obama is some sort of IDIOT.......but the IDIOTS Are Guys Like You.............KEEP YOUR VIPEROUS THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF:eusa_hand:I've seen and heard enough from dumb asses like you...

I"m theliq and I kick Jack-Ass asses big time because I can and DO:evil:

If you examine the historical record, monarchies have performed better than democracies. They consumed less of the country's wealth and allowed their citizens more individual freedom. They also enjoyed greater economic growth.

I would prefer it if the Constitution had never been adopted and we remained under the articles of Confederation. Creating a federal government is the biggest mistake this country ever made.

:lol:

You can't be serious. Oh wait..you are.

Democratic Republics have far out performed Kingdoms, Monarchies, Dictatorships and any other conservative forms of government. Rome (when it was a Democracy) and the United States are proof of that.

Wrong. They have not outperformed monarchies. Name one monarchy that racked up a national debt equal to 100% of the country's GDP.

What basis could you possibly have for claiming democracies perform better than monarchies? The record clearly shows that they don't.

The United States has had a limited franchise for most of its existence. As the franchise has expanded, the worse the country has done. Again, name one monarchy that racked up a national debt equal to 100% of the country's GDP.

Rome was a Republic, not a Democracy. The aristocracy ran Rome, not the rabble.
Well Tonga for one,during the 16th-17th centuries every kingdom in Europe WAS BANKRUPT,AND IT WAS LENDERS LIKE ROTHCHILDS in Frankfurt that loaned monies for Wars at the time to these kingdoms,Queen Elizabeth 1 was totally bankrupt at one point during her reign.

SO/AND YOUR QUESTION WAS/IS......pretty uninformed and STUPID.

YOU SHOULD REALIZE THAT THERE ARE MANY EDUCATED POSTERS ON HERE,AND I'M ONE OF THEM BUT I'M DIFFERENT..............I WILL KICK YOUR SORRY ILL INFORMED ASS:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: THELIQ:cool:

The housing bubble and mortgage crisis were caused by the government and unscrupulous lenders promising "home ownership for all" - with the lure of easy money to unqualified borrowers.

Now the President wants to exacerbate the higher education bubble with the same philosophy.

What's the definition of insanity?

The housing bubble and mortgage crisis were caused by the government and unscrupulous lenders promising "home ownership for all" - with the lure of easy money to unqualified borrowers.

Now the President wants to exacerbate the higher education bubble with the same philosophy.

Wow, what a great point.

Exactly. if EVERYONE has a college degree, and some of them are just dumber than stumps, then really, what is the value of one in earning more money and being able to pay off those college loans.

A house may be overvalued, but at least you can still live in it.

The housing crisis was caused by Wall Street, their bribing of Moodys to rate the bundled mortgages as AAA and the investments in those mortgages that went south as a result of that.
Supported by government with easy, very easy $$$ but unqualified buyers played maybe 3% of the entire dollar amount of the mortgage business nationwide.
Most of the foreclosures are people that did themselves in and are dumping their homes because they can and buy one back better than the one they dumped at half the price.
The blame lays with us and the banks.

Forum List

Back