Sandy Hook Massacre....How the world sees us

Nice sentiment

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Fuck off.

You seem to have unwarranted anger issues. I see nothing in my posting warranting such an offensive response as that I should kill myself.
You need to step back, cool off and realize this is just a political message board. As Americans, we are free to post our political views and exchange ideas. I have remained civil in my posts and am deeply offended by your enraged response

I sincerely wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and hope you use this season to reflect on your obsessions. Good luck to you
Piss off. Have a fucked up Christmas, atheist. :thup:

Fuck off.

You seem to have unwarranted anger issues. I see nothing in my posting warranting such an offensive response as that I should kill myself.
You need to step back, cool off and realize this is just a political message board. As Americans, we are free to post our political views and exchange ideas. I have remained civil in my posts and am deeply offended by your enraged response

I sincerely wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and hope you use this season to reflect on your obsessions. Good luck to you

The funny part is where he claims to be civil.

Yup. And, all this talk of Christmas from an atheist.

Irony on several levels.

As an atheist...sure, if God shows she exists I am willing to change my views

I just see no current evidence of the fact. Atheism is not a religion, it is just an honest evaluation of the facts as they are presented

No, Americans just don't give a shit what "someone somewhere" is saying.

In this thread it's apparently to the point of finding it offensive, at least to some.

Sometimes you can even learn something from hearing criticism.

Sometimes you can grow up and stop worrying about what the other kiddies on the playground think about you.

Is that what it is, growing up? :lol:

You know what kind of people don't give a shit about other's opinions? Assholes. :thup:

In this thread it's apparently to the point of finding it offensive, at least to some.

Sometimes you can grow up and stop worrying about what the other kiddies on the playground think about you.

You know what kind of people don't give a shit about other's opinions? Assholes. :thup:

"You know what kind of people don't give a shit about other's opinions?"

Yeah, confident, rational adults.

Bobbo, if someone doesn't like me, I really don't give a shit.

Fair enough, but did you read that in many of the foreign opinions, that they 'didn't like us'?

"You know what kind of people don't give a shit about other's opinions?"

Yeah, confident, rational adults.

Or, people that can't take criticism.

Only a complete moron thinks they have all the answers. :thup:

Fair enough, but did you read that in many of the foreign opinions, that they 'didn't like us'?
Nah, I didn't see that.

They sure are free to comment on our gun laws, but I really don't care about what they think about them. All things considered, I am living exactly where I want to live. And, I have plenty of experience living and working outside of the USA.

Fuck off.

Well....if you are going to get all bitchy about it

Happy Holidays to you and yours

Well....if you are going to get all bitchy about it

Happy Holidays to you and yours
Piss off.

I have always treated you with the respect you have earned

Britain's The Guardian:

The final difference is in many ways the most destructive of all. This is America's sheer difficulty in conducting any kind of rational collective conversation about gun control. In any other country, a shooting spree of the sort that took place in Newtown would set off a serious public debate. That's what happened after Dunblane in the U.K., after Port Arthur in Australia, and after [Anders] Breivik's killings in Norway. Nothing like this is now possible in the polarized gun culture of America, where law and politics have been unable to respond to such events for at least 20 years

The Guardian is in no position to lecture anyone on anything. They got into a lather over Britain's biggest supermarket chain offshoring its online operations to avoid VAT. Turned out later on in another newspaper's follow-up investigation that thou holy Guardian was guilty of doing exactly the same thing. Look-up Guardian Media Group if you don't believe me.

Anyway, like you say, it's unlikely that so many on here who are protesting that they don't give a damn about what people overseas think of them and the U.S. is true. But for anyone that actually understands anything about the U.S. and how she works, as opposed to the cappuccino critics who only pontificate about America amongst themselves in order to create a veneer of detached, self-congratulatory interest (or, to look 'cool'), they understand what the real problem is: the pharmacutical industry who seem to be given almost carte blanche by those in power to trial their products on impressionable children (and parents). That's what a lot of us overseas literally shake our heads in disbelief at.

Guns are inanimate objects that require an unhinged (or doped-up) person to train them on innocent people. Ask Europe's right-wing about knee-jerk legislation in response to tragedies like this and they'll nod towards the streets. Gun bans only punish law-abiding citizens, and empower criminals.

Nah, I didn't see that.

They sure are free to comment on our gun laws, but I really don't care about what they think about them. All things considered, I am living exactly where I want to live. And, I have plenty of experience living and working outside of the USA.

Exactly, you didn't see that.

I have no qualms with not being interested in their opinions, that's anyone's choice to make.

It's the anger that struck me, and again, I don't think you were one of those I was making the comment about.

I really don't give a flying fuck how the world sees us... look a the shithole that is the rest of the planet.

Obviously you do, or you wouldn't have even read the thread, let alone taken the time to post in it.

The "shithole", from the rest of the planet's perspective, may be closer than you'd like to admit.

Forum List

Back