Sandusky Ohio ditches Columbus Day and makes Election Day a holiday instead.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Officials in the city of Sandusky, Ohio, have decided that the city will no longer observe Columbus Day as a holiday, switching it for Election Day.

City commissioners made the change at a recent meeting, according to the Sandusky Register.

The new rule, which takes effect this year, will give workers in all municipal offices the day off on Election Day, typically the first Tuesday in November.

Ohio city to stop observing Columbus Day, make Election Day holiday instead

Way to go Sandusky ! Home of Cedar Point Amusement Park and
location for the movie Tommy Boy. ( rip Chris Farley )

Officials in the city of Sandusky, Ohio, have decided that the city will no longer observe Columbus Day as a holiday, switching it for Election Day.

City commissioners made the change at a recent meeting, according to the Sandusky Register.

The new rule, which takes effect this year, will give workers in all municipal offices the day off on Election Day, typically the first Tuesday in November.

Ohio city to stop observing Columbus Day, make Election Day holiday instead

Way to go Sandusky ! Home of Cedar Point Amusement Park and
location for the movie Tommy Boy. ( rip Chris Farley )

:clap2: Good for them. And funny clip. I don't know the film but I do have a green MINI model just like that.

Now of course we all brace for the inevitable butthurt whining from wags insisting this is some kind of "anti-Italian" slur. I wrote an Op-Ed criticizing Columbus about 35 years ago and that's exactly what I got.

Forum List

Back