Sanders just submitted college for all bill.

I'd love to see a link on that one
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

find me a single thing, anything, where a dem leader wanted the government to control something and a dem sheep was against it.

anything
Fail on your part

Identify where Dems advocate full government control of our lives like you claim. Do you know what full government control means?
so you know there's nothing you wouldn't support the government running, you just can't bring yourself to admit it.
Once again you fail to identify anything close to "full control"

You want an example? Universal Health insurance. Obama advocated a government controlled health system like Canada or England......Dems were against it

OK...now it's your turn
Ready to give me an example of full government control?

Yep. Black and white statements like "full control" are always technically incorrect. Congrats.

But you continue to ignore the concern that prompts such claims. You seem utterly unwilling recognize constitutional limits on government power. That's why you get accused of wanting "full control".

What is our government doing now that is unconstitutional?

Not Federal government bottomless. If the Department of Educations yearly budget was considered GDP it would rank 66th in the world.

I guess it all comes down to priorities..

As a nation, we can afford to imprison more people than any other country on the planet
We can afford a military that is larger than the next twelve countries

Yet, we are outraged at the idea of investing in higher education

We don't invest in higher education?

Not as much as other industrialized nations. Republican austerity has been directed at our universities causing tuition to escalate

All part of the GOP plan to make higher education a vestige of the rich only

Republican austerity has been directed at our universities causing tuition to escalate

Tuition was dropping before this "Republican austerity"?
Link?
25 Years of Declining State Support for Public Colleges

There's no reason taxpayers should be forced to fund college for someone else's kid. Let that kids parents do it.

find me a single thing, anything, where a dem leader wanted the government to control something and a dem sheep was against it.

anything
Fail on your part

Identify where Dems advocate full government control of our lives like you claim. Do you know what full government control means?
so you know there's nothing you wouldn't support the government running, you just can't bring yourself to admit it.

You want an example? Universal Health insurance. Obama advocated a government controlled health system like Canada or England......Dems were against it

OK...now it's your turn

Yep. Black and white statements like "full control" are always technically incorrect. Congrats.

But you continue to ignore the concern that prompts such claims. You seem utterly unwilling recognize constitutional limits on government power. That's why you get accused of wanting "full control".

When daddy sees you're getting Cs, he's more likely to cut you off.
Like anything else...the government would maintain standards for staying in school. You flunk out ...you are gone
C is still passing

the government would maintain standards for staying in school.

Thanks for the laugh.

You flunk out ...you are gone C is still passing

Those high paying degrees don't work very well with a C average.
Great investment of our tax dollars you're pushing for.

What do you call the person who finished last in his Medical School graduating class?
Doctor

You want the government to pay for medical school for rich doctors?

Why not?
We pay for High School for kids from rich families

I thought all those rich kids went to private schools. Since when are you paying for that? You also seem to forget that those rich families still pay the taxes that fund public schools for the poor *******, spics, white trash, and your kids.

Let those wanting to be engineers, etc. fund their own degrees if it's such a good investment. What's the problem with the one directly benefitting from receiving such a degree investing in their own education? It's easy. There is nothing wrong with it. It's just another way for people like you to support giving someone something so they'll vote for your candidate. It's pandering. The problem is those who pander don't get the bill.

If you or anyone you know can't afford to send their kids to college, tough shit. I don't owe it to them. No one does.
So only those who can afford it get to be engineers, scientists, accountants...

What is wrong with a society putting out the best qualified workforce in the world?

What is wrong with a society putting out the best qualified workforce in the world?

Is the government going to pay for the best qualified, or are they going to pay for everybody?
Only those who are qualified will earn a degree
Like anything else...you flunk out, you are gone

Any incentive for colleges to pass the flunking students, to keep the gravy train going?

Is there any evidence that state universities do that more than private universities?

Private universities laugh at the applications of some of those state schools will allow in. I know the private university where I attended would laugh at your state school diploma.

Any incentive for colleges to pass the flunking students, to keep the gravy train going?
They can do that now

Bigger incentive when Uncle Sam foots the bill.
Why a bigger incentive than when daddy foots the bill?

When daddy sees you're getting Cs, he's more likely to cut you off.
Like anything else...the government would maintain standards ......

Wow. Did you really think before posting that?

Yay the US taxpayers get to fund degrees in high demand areas like 17th Century Kabuki theater.
And engineers, scientists, accountants, doctors, lawyers

Let those wanting to be engineers, etc. fund their own degrees if it's such a good investment. What's the problem with the one directly benefitting from receiving such a degree investing in their own education? It's easy. There is nothing wrong with it. It's just another way for people like you to support giving someone something so they'll vote for your candidate. It's pandering. The problem is those who pander don't get the bill.

If you or anyone you know can't afford to send their kids to college, tough shit. I don't owe it to them. No one does.

Is the government going to pay for the best qualified, or are they going to pay for everybody?

If those state schools know the money is coming, they'll do whatever to keep less than qualified students in. The thing is they won't flunk out. People like you will see to it that no flunking grade can be given.

anything
Fail on your part

OK...now it's your turn

That's begging the question. My own view is that anything not covered by the enumerated powers is unconstitutional. And that the prevailing interpretation of the "general welfare" clause is wrong. From that perspective many off the things our federal government is currently doing are unconstitutional.

What about you? Do you think Congress should be allowed to pass any laws they want, as long as they steer clear of the beleaguered Bill of Rights?

They can do that now

Bigger incentive when Uncle Sam foots the bill.
Why a bigger incentive than when daddy foots the bill?

Because dads like me that actually foot the bill for their kids don't accept average. People like you that only care about pandering to kids whose sorry parents don't care about them aren't concerned about results.

I guess it all comes down to priorities..

As a nation, we can afford to imprison more people than any other country on the planet
We can afford a military that is larger than the next twelve countries

Not as much as other industrialized nations. Republican austerity has been directed at our universities causing tuition to escalate

Republican austerity has been directed at our universities causing tuition to escalate

Link?

There's no reason taxpayers should be forced to fund college for someone else's kid. Let that kids parents do it.
Same logic applies to second grade

Is there any evidence that state universities do that more than private universities?

Private universities laugh at the applications of some of those state schools will allow in. I know the private university where I attended would laugh at your state school diploma.

Many state universities are quite excellent. They too operate on a competitive basis.

Link?

Now think about that for a second.

Link?

Not when the purpose of the second grade is to teach social skills and basic fundamentals. That's not the purpose of college. If a kid's parents can't pay for college, they don't go. I pay for what merit based academic scholarships didn't provide mine. It's not my responsibility to do that for some worthless POS that won't do it for his own kids. You're welcome to do it on that sorry parents behalf but it's not my place to do so. If you care about that parent's kids, prove it by paying yourself with YOUR money. MY money is MINE boy.

Many state universities are quite excellent. They too operate on a competitive basis.

Depends.

Fail on your part

OK...now it's your turn

That's begging the question. My own view is that anything not covered by the enumerated powers is unconstitutional. And that the prevailing interpretation of the "general welfare" clause is wrong. From that perspective many off the things our federal government is currently doing are unconstitutional.

What about you? Do you think Congress should be allowed to pass any laws they want, as long as they steer clear of the beleaguered Bill of Rights?
I look at the Constitution as providing a kitchen not as a cookbook telling future generations what they may eat and what ingredients they are allowed

Congress does what needs to be done. If We the People are not happy, we vote them out

Link?

Apparently he thinks the purpose behind learning the second grade is the same as for college. With some of those that get in college now requiring remedial classes, I can see where he would make that mistake.

OK...now it's your turn

I look at the Constitution as providing a kitchen not as a cookbook telling future generations what they may eat and what ingredients they are allowed

Congress does what needs to be done. If We the People are not happy, we vote them out

Exactly. And that's really weak. Essentially, you're saying government should have the power to control all aspects off our lives, and that our only recourse is an election process dominated by entrenched parties and corporate money.

Link?

Apparently he thinks the purpose behind learning the second grade is the same as for college. With some of those that get in college now requiring remedial classes, I can see where he would make that mistake.
The principle is the same....why should you pay for educating someone else's kid?

I have another idea. Rather than gradually make 4 years of college a requirement, re-engineer the twelve years we have already mandated our children attend. Our standards have become way too low. I'm not sure why. I'm sure y'all will have fun pointing fingers. But our high schools have become babysitters for the teenagers who aren't interested or equipped for college. Start good vocational programs earlier. Don't give a social pass to kids who can't accomplish the work. Give them plenty of opportunties to catch up, but don't let them go forward just because they've gotten too big for the desk. Keeping kids in academic pursuits until age 22 is just a way to avoid the inevitable--they're going to get to the job market eventually. It doesn't teach half of them half as much as people seem to think.

OK...now it's your turn

Exactly. And that's really weak. Essentially, you're saying government should have the power to control all aspects off our lives, and that our only recourse is an election process dominated by entrenched parties and corporate money.

Hundreds of Congressmen and Senators get voted out every election. Shows the power of We the People

Forum List

Back