San Francisco Chronicle: “Colleagues worry Dianne Feinstein is now mentally unfit to serve, citing recent interactions”

This was from a year ago. Feinstein is grilling Jack Dorsey, and she asks him the same question twice, within two minutes. Really sad shit, and she should resign.

She ran unopposed in her last two elections. She also refused to debate any other candidates, and STILL got 80%+ of the vote from stupid CA DemoKKKrats. That's how corrupt California is.

She reminds me of Strom Thurmond…who had to be constantly propped up…sheesh, 88…time to retire is overdue.
in regional and local areas the power families need to be removed from it. That would be a start. However they also grease the wheels and have people who like them because they have benefitted. Our nation really is like the Chicago Mobs a century ago only civil on the surface.

I have to read up on Tammany Hall. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

It's a shame that the democrat party forces popular pols. to serve until they become completely unstable. Where is the media?

Colleagues worry Dianne Feinstein is now mentally unfit to serve, citing recent interactions

WASHINGTON — When a California Democrat in Congress recently engaged in an extended conversation with Sen. Dianne Feinstein, they prepared for a rigorous policy discussion like those they’d had with her many times over the last 15 years.

Instead, the lawmaker said, they had to reintroduce themselves to Feinstein multiple times during an interaction that lasted several hours.

Rather than delve into policy, Feinstein, 88, repeated the same small-talk questions, like asking the lawmaker what mattered to voters in their district, they said, with no apparent recognition the two had already had a similar conversation.

The episode was so unnerving that the lawmaker — who spoke to The Chronicle on condition they not be identified because of the sensitivity of the topic — began raising concerns with colleagues to see if some kind of intervention to persuade Feinstein to retire was possible. Feinstein’s term runs through the end of 2024. The conversation occurred several weeks before the death of her husband in February.

“I have worked with her for a long time and long enough to know what she was like just a few years ago: always in command, always in charge, on top of the details, basically couldn’t resist a conversation where she was driving some bill or some idea. All of that is gone,” the lawmaker said. “She was an intellectual and political force not that long ago, and that’s why my encounter with her was so jarring. Because there was just no trace of that.”

Four U.S. senators, including three Democrats, as well as three former Feinstein staffers and the California Democratic member of Congress told The Chronicle in recent interviews that her memory is rapidly deteriorating. They said it appears she can no longer fulfill her job duties without her staff doing much of the work required to represent the nearly 40 million people of California.

I guess she could not possibly be as bad as what the brain dead of CA would replace her with.
She was unfit to serve a long time ago.

Richard Shelby is 87. James Inhofe is 86; Pat Leahy is 81; and all three are retiring. But Chuck Grassley, who is 88 years old — just three months younger than Feinstein — is running for another 6-year term. And Feinstein’s term runs until January 2025

why is Feinstein the only one called out? SEXISM!

"Feinstein was born in June 1933. That was three months after FDR was sworn in, and less than five months after Adolf Hitler was named German chancellor by President Paul von Hindenburg."

Richard Shelby is 87. James Inhofe is 86; Pat Leahy is 81; and all three are retiring. But Chuck Grassley, who is 88 years old — just three months younger than Feinstein — is running for another 6-year term. And Feinstein’s term runs until January 2025

why is Feinstein the only one called out? SEXISM!
I dont want any of the old bitches making any decisions. Go fuckin home and watch Perry Mason and Matlock or it gets put in a home.

excerpts:

Dianne Feinstein’s potential successors don’t want to talk about it.

Ambitious Democrats are preparing for what happens when the 88-year-old California senator’s seat becomes available for the first time in a generation — a sea change for California politics that would likely launch a frenzied intraparty rush for the coveted post. Most everyone is operating under the assumption that Feinstein will not run for reelection in 2024. Contenders are stockpiling cash and quietly assessing their options.

A general reluctance to publicly encourage Feinstein to step down hasn’t stopped people from keeping open lines of communication to Gov. Gavin Newsom in the event the senator resigns and the Democratic governor gets to handpick her replacement.

“All the folks who are interested do a very good job keeping in touch,” said a Newsom adviser who was granted anonymity to speak candidly.

A number of rising stars in the House, most prominently Rep. Katie Porter and Rep. Adam Schiff, have the name recognition and campaign war chests that could position them to win the seat and stay there for decades. But no one wants to be seen nudging Feinstein toward the exits.

“Senator Feinstein is an essential leader for California,” Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said in a statement. “She is among the most effective members in the history of the Senate, and I deeply appreciate her work in Washington to address our most important problems, including homelessness, transportation and water.”

A representative for Porter declined to comment on a possible Senate run and said the congresswoman is focused on defending her seat in 2022. A representative for Schiff, who is also mulling a House leadership bid, lauded Feinstein and said Schiff supports “her continued service on behalf of all Californians.”

A Newsom spokesperson noted that the administration does not expect a Senate vacancy before 2024. But should it happen, Rep. Barbara Lee of Oakland is widely seen as a likely choice, given Newsom’s public commitment to elevating a Black woman should Feinstein step down before her term is up. Lee was a contender for the seat to which Newsom ultimately appointed Padilla.

“It’s something she would remain very interested in,” said Nathan Barankin, a political adviser to Lee. He added that Lee has not spoken directly to Newsom about a potential opening.

Progressive Silicon Valley Rep. Ro Khanna, who has cultivated the kind of broader following that could buoy a statewide run, said he would back Lee should she seek the seat — although he did not rule out running if she does not.

“Certainly I would look at that, but it’s unclear,” Khanna said in an interview. “It depends on so many factors, whether I run.”

What the hell is with democrats and their adoration for all these decrepit old over the hill washed up political hacks?

Forum List

Back