San Antonio and Austin

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
This is the last trip I get to take with my kid before he goes to college out of state. He was supposed to go overseas but that trip was cancelled. So, before I unleash him on the world, we are going to do some stuff. We have been to the Ford Presidential Library and Museum, the Clinton Presidential Museum and we are going to hit here:
Home - The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum and The Sixth Floor Museum | The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza driving in. At some point we are going over to Austin to hit this one:
LBJ Presidential Library and the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue.

he has to see the Alamo and the other 4 missions.
San Antonio Missions National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

We are going to go here:

I wouldn't mind hitting here:

That's the plan.

1591582221871.png

I hope everything goes well and stay safe.

*****SMILE*****

:)

The Alamo is in downtown San Antonio, while you're there you might think above visiting the riverwalk and try some authentic tex-mex food. It ain't spicy unless you ask for it that way.
They have a kayak tour on the river, too.

This is the last trip I get to take with my kid before he goes to college out of state. He was supposed to go overseas but that trip was cancelled. So, before I unleash him on the world, we are going to do some stuff. We have been to the Ford Presidential Library and Museum, the Clinton Presidential Museum and we are going to hit here:
Home - The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum and The Sixth Floor Museum | The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza driving in. At some point we are going over to Austin to hit this one:

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.
I thought you said yous were gonna do something fun?

The Alamo is in downtown San Antonio, while you're there you might think above visiting the riverwalk and try some authentic tex-mex food. It ain't spicy unless you ask for it that way.

LOL, just make sure you stay in the kayak, that water ain't exactly what you'd call pristine if you get my drift.

The Childrens Museum is interesting and they have some great ice cream on the ground floor.

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.

Dragging my kid to places he would not willingly seek out is fun. He's more likely to remember a timeline of events if he has some engagement. We like going to the caverns. He is getting into caving.

The Childrens Museum is interesting and they have some great ice cream on the ground floor.

He is way too old for that. He might be willing to hit an aquarium but not Sea World or Six Flags or any of that.

If you make it to Austin you might check out the Bullock Texas State History Museum. The Ransom Center has some interesting items too, like a Gutenberg Bible and the oldest surviving photo. Both are within walking distance of the LBJ library.

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.
Don’t forget the river walk.I assume you have been there? Yes that is true he needs to see the Alamo but it is everybit as much important that he sees the river walk as well.that place is heaven on earth.

San Antonio is the greatest best kept secret on the planet. I was there for the first time last fall when it is the perfect time of the year to visit. Wow,San Antonio is the most underrated city in the country. We always hear about how california and Florida are beautiful but you NEVER hear anything about how beautiful San Antonio is.

I went there on a business trip last fall. I was expecting to be bored there.I didn’t think there would be anything to do.I was expecting to be bored out of my mind.i figured other than the Alamo there was nothing to see there and nothing to do. I could not have been more wrong in my life,complete opposite.

There is so much to do at the riverwalk it would take a lifetime to do it all and see it all if you did not live there. You hear about how New York is the city that never sleeps,well same with the river walk in SA. It is everybit as much beautiful as California and Florida. I had no idea they had those boat cruises you get on and they take you around the whole city.at nighttime it is just gorgeous and beautiful.

I have always dreamed about fininishing living my last years of life in retirement out in Southern California but with all those fires they are having and they are worse every year,I think I have changed my I mind and will live my final days in San antonio :)

I feel sorry for the people that have never been there and have no idea how beautiful the riverwalk area is who like me,have always thought you would be bored there.i wish I could tell everyone out there in the world
who thinks the same way about SA as I always did until last year,how wrong they are,that’s it’s nothing like they think it is,that it’s every bit as beautiful as California and Florida,that they are missing out on a thrill of a lifetime if they never go there.

I think it’s such a shame people don’t know the truth about San Antonio and how the area of the boardwalk is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Like I said,you have GOT to take him to the riverwalk.to go to SA and deprive him of the riverwalk while there would be the crime of the century.you would be depriving him the opportunity of a lifetime many people in the country are sadly going to be deprived of not visiting there in their lifetimes since as I said,it is the greatest kept secret in the world of such a beautiful city. :14:

San Antonio is the greatest best kept secret on the planet. I was there for the first time last fall when it is the perfect time of the year to visit. Wow,San Antonio is the most underrated city in the country. We always hear about how california and Florida are beautiful but you NEVER hear anything about how beautiful San Antonio is.

I went there on a business trip last fall. I was expecting to be bored there.I didn’t think there would be anything to do.I was expecting to be bored out of my mind.i figured other than the Alamo there was nothing to see there and nothing to do. I could not have been more wrong in my life,complete opposite.

There is so much to do at the riverwalk it would take a lifetime to do it all and see it all if you did not live there. You hear about how New York is the city that never sleeps,well same with the river walk in SA. It is everybit as much beautiful as California and Florida. I had no idea they had those boat cruises you get on and they take you around the whole city.at nighttime it is just gorgeous and beautiful.

I have always dreamed about fininishing living my last years of life in retirement out in Southern California but with all those fires they are having and they are worse every year,I think I have changed my I mind and will live my final days in San antonio :)

I feel sorry for the people that have never been there and have no idea how beautiful the riverwalk area is who like me,have always thought you would be bored there.i wish I could tell everyone out there in the world
who thinks the same way about SA as I always did until last year,how wrong they are,that’s it’s nothing like they think it is,that it’s every bit as beautiful as California and Florida,that they are missing out on a thrill of a lifetime if they never go there.

I think it’s such a shame people don’t know the truth about San Antonio and how the area of the boardwalk is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
I'm kinda confused by your post?
Are you recommending that people should go visit the River Walk in San Antonio? ... :dunno:

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.

Dragging my kid to places he would not willingly seek out is fun. He's more likely to remember a timeline of events if he has some engagement. We like going to the caverns. He is getting into caving.

Well, Natural Bridge Caverns is between SA and Austin...and there is a Snake Farm too. Why? Nobody knows. But its there.
Somewhere between there is a giant gas station with a beaver (Bucees). It has like 100 gas pumps or so. Why? Nobody knows. But it's there.

Zaxby's is there in San Marcos as well. It may well be the highlight of your trip to Texas.

I'm kinda confused by your post?
Are you recommending that people should go visit the River Walk in San Antonio? ... :dunno:

What he meant to say was that the whole thing is a conspiracy.

We are going to go here:

That's the plan.
Don’t forget the river walk.I assume you have been there? Yes that is true he needs to see the Alamo but it is everybit as much important that he sees the river walk as well.that place is heaven on earth.

I've been to the river walk and I'll take him there.

New Topics

Forum List

Back