Salvador Cienfuegos Zepeda: Mexican ex-minister charged with drug trafficking

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Gen Salvador Cienfuegos Zepeda was arrested at Los Angeles airport on Thursday.
He is due to make a court appearance on four charges in California on Friday.
His charges include conspiracy to distribute heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana to the US.
Prosecutors accuse Mr Cienfuegos, a retired general known as "The Godfather", of helping the H-2 Cartel - "an extremely violent Mexican drug-trafficking organisation" - smuggle drugs into the US.
"In exchange for bribe payments, he permitted the H-2 Cartel - a cartel that routinely engaged in wholesale violence, including torture and murder - to operate with impunity in Mexico," prosecutors alleged in a court document released on Friday.

He needs to remain in custody. I hope they nail him to the wall.

Last edited:
His charges include conspiracy to distribute heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana to the US.
Prosecutors accuse Mr Cienfuegos, a retired general known as "The Godfather", of helping the H-2 Cartel - "an extremely violent Mexican drug-trafficking organisation" - smuggle drugs into the US.
"In exchange for bribe payments, he permitted the H-2 Cartel - a cartel that routinely engaged in wholesale violence, including torture and murder - to operate with impunity in Mexico," prosecutors alleged in a court document released on Friday.

He needs to remain in custodye. I hope they nail him to the wall.
We prefer that they throw the book at him...

They just duck.

I hear ADX Florence, in Freemont Co. is nice this time of year and will make the General a nice home for the rest of his life.

I hear ADX Florence, in Freemont Co. is nice this time of year and will make the General a nice home for the rest of his life.
Why should he get free shit in a city I want to live and can't because it cost too much?

They just duck.
This is a YUGE book. Bigly...

They just duck.
This is a YUGE book. Bigly...

In the land of Shake and Bake? Prolly not.

Why should he get free shit in a city I want to live and can't because it cost too much?
Colorado is cool and I get there about once or twice a year, but yes it is a much more expensive place than Tennessee. Doubt you or I would enjoy ADX Florence, in Freemont, CO.

>>>The United States dropped the case against retired General Salvador Cienfuegos this week citing “sensitive and important” foreign policy considerations that outweighed interest in pursuing the charges.

>>>In return, Mexico privately told Barr it would work with the United States to arrest a high-level cartel leader involved with trafficking large quantities of the synthetic opioid fentanyl, the source said.<<<

Reuters wants a deal of «ley de plata o plomo» but it's not that exciting. It looks like the U.S. authorities were going after the wrong guy.

Forum List

Back