Saban steps in it by calling out Texas A&M, Deon, and others

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

And Jimbo Fisher came back hard on his, deservedly so. Saban needs a quick injection of humility. His purpose at the low key CEO function was to raise money. He may have succeeded, but in the process he also raised a lot of anger around the college football world. Alabama will be number one when the football season starts, and they may win the championship...but the critical spotlight on Saban is not going to wear off soon.

He has since apologized for singling out schools and people, but his wings do not have the glow that they once had.

And Jimbo Fisher came back hard on his, deservedly so. Saban needs a quick injection of humility. His purpose at the low key CEO function was to raise money. He may have succeeded, but in the process he also raised a lot of anger around the college football world. Alabama will be number one when the football season starts, and they may win the championship...but the critical spotlight on Saban is not going to wear off soon.

He has since apologized for singling out schools and people, but his wings do not have the glow that they once had.
And, as usual, you Dimmers hate it when someone brings out the truth. Back to the SMU days of getting the best players money can buy right Dimmer?

He was dumb, reminds me when Obama made his moronic “"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion” statement, thinking it would not go public beyond the room.

Just dumb but I’m sure that will help their ratings when they play in October.

He was dumb, reminds me when Obama made his moronic “"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion” statement, thinking it would not go public beyond the room.
As usual, he was right, and, as usual, conservatives used the soundbite to get the base foaming and frothing.

Yes, Saban is pissed cause he is no longer the number one recruiting class. I think his statement about "reading it in the paper" is BS. Saban calling someone out for "buying" star recruits is hypocritical. I expect the "tell all" books are being written right now on some of his and other coaches questionable signings. I still cannot figure out why he slammed Deon like he did?

As usual, he was right, and, as usual, conservatives used the soundbite to get the base foaming and frothing.
No he wasn't and you are now making excuses, that will help continue the misinformation.

Coach Saban was absolutely correct.

Jimbo, since coming to A&M, had the following recruiting classes of 5 Stars:
2018 - 0 five stars
2019 - 1 five star
2020 - 2 five stars
2021 - 2 five stars

Then Texas A&M put together an NIL with money from alums and boosters.

2022 - 7 five stars and the highest ranked recruiting class in history at A&M.

But that is, according to Jimbo, just top recruits seeing that A&M is a rising star.

After losing to Miss State, Ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas, and going 4-4 in the SEC, they suddenly become the rising star to recruits?

2018 - 0 five stars
2019 - 1 five star
2020 - 2 five stars
2021 - 2 five stars

But that is, according to Jimbo, just top recruits seeing that A&M is a rising star.

After losing to Miss State, Ole Miss, LSU and Arkansas, and going 4-4 in the SEC, they suddenly become the rising star to recruits?
Any more gold Trans Ams to the recruits like the old days??

2018 - 0 five stars
2019 - 1 five star
2020 - 2 five stars
2021 - 2 five stars

I guess that is why Saban is asking for more money from his boosters. He was outbidded.....

I guess that is why Saban is asking for more money from his boosters. He was outbidded.....
That is what he wants, he was telling Bama supporters they need to step up their game to compete.

The Jimbo got butt hurt.

I did not see a halo over Saban's head.

Never has been one. Coach Saban can be an asshole. He works his players hard. Rides his ass't coaches. And is brutal to the press.

But he is the best to ever coach college football.

"Enai White recently put Texas A&M on blast over a threat in regard to his NIL, per a report.
White, a four-star defensive end recruit committed to A&M, is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and is the No. 2-ranked player in the state. As a result, he was invited to participate in the Big 33 Football Classic. The all-star event featuring the top high-school football players in Pennsylvania and Maryland has been played since 1957.
However, he recently pulled out of the game ahead of the Memorial Day weekend event."

"According to Epler of PennLive.com, a release from an official with the Pennsylvania High School Football Coaches Association stated why he withdrew. The release said that White was told by Texas A&M not to participate in the Big 33 Football Classic. Likely to avoid injury. And if White did play in the game, he was told that the money associated with his deal would be withheld."

What was it Jimbo was saying???

Forum List

Back