RWs: Doesn't it bother you the GOP will do absolutely nothing about these issues?

Tell me, what exactly should be done when we live in an economy where higher paying jobs are greatly outnumbered by low paying jobs thus making the former extremely competitive among millions of people?

1) Get rid of all the illegals competing for said low paying jobs, thus making labor more scarce

2) Make people realize that a fast food $8 an hour job isn't a career, and have them WORK (gasp) to improve themselves.

3) Stop subsidizing bad behavior and poor life choices.
1) Do you really think employers are going to pay more just because illegals are out of the country? No way. The competition for higher wage jobs is already extremely high

Of course they are. Reduce the number of people competing for the same job and employers will have to pay more to attract qualified applicants. That goes especially for cheap labor imported from third world countries that is willing to work for less than half the wage Americans normally earn.

2) Again you miss the point. Those shitty fast food jobs greatly outnumber higher wage positions. That means millions of people have no choice but to take those jobs.

Not really. That would mean most adults are earning minimum wage.

3) That's just a stupid republican talking point. No one on welfare programs like food stamps makes even close to a comfortable living.

I've seen studies that estimate someone can pull down the equivalent of 60K/yr in government benefits.
Qualified huh? Illegals are taking skilled jobs over entry level? We both know that's bullshit.

I agree that what you know is bullshit. Mexicans have taken over most of the construction trades. My brother once had his own contraction company, but he couldn't compete with cheap Mexican labor. Go on a construction site and what do you see? A lot of brown faces, that's what.

18 million workers make less than $10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than 15? How many of them have kids?

What's your point? Did you imagine everyone can make six figures? In most families both parents work. If they're both making $15/hr then they're making more than enough to live on. Furthermore, people on the low end of the wage scale tend to be younger. Most people make much more in their 40s and 50s. The liberal theory that someone earning $15/hr is going to earn that same wage his entire life is one of the main flaws in their theory of a "living wage."

lol those "estimates" are based off the fallacious idea that anyone on welfare is on all or most welfare programs simultaneously. That's complete non sense. They are just adding up the total cost of all those programs. They aren't basing that off of what people are actually getting.

Why wouldn't they be on every program they qualify for?
You're just full of anecdotal stories aren't you? That won't fly with me. I care about statistics. That is evidence that matters.

Lol I never said everyone should make 6 figures. I said that 10s of millions of people make less than 15 per hour. Even if you do make 15 per hour, it's not like you have a comfortable living. You would need a full time job for one. Inflation is only growing. 15 per hour doesn't cut it anymore.

Because the government looks at a recipient's total assets as grounds of eligibility. For food stamps, it cannot exceed 10000 of supplemental income. Maybe a senior on SS could get food stamps, but that's it.

1) Campaign finance reform (they of course helped corrupt it)

2) Our crumbling infrastructure system that ranks among the worst in the developed world

3) Childhood poverty that ranks the worst in the developed world

4) Wall Street corruption and other white collar crime

5) Aiding the shrinking middle class and stopping all income gains from going to the top earners.

The GOP is only the party of doing nothing unless it involves cutting taxes for the top earners or protecting white collar crime.

Democrats are addressing all of the issues above.

American Infrastructure Report Card | Society of Civil Engineers

NCCP | Child Poverty

Corruption on Wall Street still growing by the day

1. They didn't corrupt it and both parties need to fix it.
2. Who says they won't fix it?
3. Our childhood poverty is NOT in any way shape or form, any where near the worst.
4. No politician will fix that.
5. That doesn't need fixing.

1) Get rid of all the illegals competing for said low paying jobs, thus making labor more scarce

2) Make people realize that a fast food $8 an hour job isn't a career, and have them WORK (gasp) to improve themselves.

1) Do you really think employers are going to pay more just because illegals are out of the country? No way. The competition for higher wage jobs is already extremely high

Of course they are. Reduce the number of people competing for the same job and employers will have to pay more to attract qualified applicants. That goes especially for cheap labor imported from third world countries that is willing to work for less than half the wage Americans normally earn.

2) Again you miss the point. Those shitty fast food jobs greatly outnumber higher wage positions. That means millions of people have no choice but to take those jobs.

3) That's just a stupid republican talking point. No one on welfare programs like food stamps makes even close to a comfortable living.

I've seen studies that estimate someone can pull down the equivalent of 60K/yr in government benefits.
Qualified huh? Illegals are taking skilled jobs over entry level? We both know that's bullshit.

I agree that what you know is bullshit. Mexicans have taken over most of the construction trades. My brother once had his own contraction company, but he couldn't compete with cheap Mexican labor. Go on a construction site and what do you see? A lot of brown faces, that's what.

18 million workers make less than $10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than 15? How many of them have kids?

What's your point? Did you imagine everyone can make six figures? In most families both parents work. If they're both making $15/hr then they're making more than enough to live on. Furthermore, people on the low end of the wage scale tend to be younger. Most people make much more in their 40s and 50s. The liberal theory that someone earning $15/hr is going to earn that same wage his entire life is one of the main flaws in their theory of a "living wage."

lol those "estimates" are based off the fallacious idea that anyone on welfare is on all or most welfare programs simultaneously. That's complete non sense. They are just adding up the total cost of all those programs. They aren't basing that off of what people are actually getting.

You're just full of anecdotal stories aren't you? That won't fly with me. I care about statistics. That is evidence that matters.

Lol I never said everyone should make 6 figures. I said that 10s of millions of people make less than 15 per hour. Even if you do make 15 per hour, it's not like you have a comfortable living. You would need a full time job for one. Inflation is only growing. 15 per hour doesn't cut it anymore.

Because the government looks at a recipient's total assets as grounds of eligibility. For food stamps, it cannot exceed 10000 of supplemental income. Maybe a senior on SS could get food stamps, but that's it.

That's called personal experience, nimrod. What have you got? Nothing, that's what.

Also, there are millions of H1-B coolies from India taking a lot of good paying jobs in the software industry. Whenever I go on a job site, more than half the people I work with are Indian. I've been on jobs where I was the only white guy.

Anyone who ever worked in these industries knows what's happening. That's why Trumps promise to build the wall struck a chord with so many Americans.

As for food stamps, there are 47 million Americans receiving them. That's about 15% of the population.

Statistics isn't evidence, idiot.

Still no list of republican cities to compare too? What a shock ?

And I mean a real city , not some leafy rich suburb . Need at least 2 pro sports teams!

They like to do the city state shuffle. That way they don't ever have to compare when accusations is enough...facts? Pfft

You have to be the biggest numbskull if you believe that crime is located exclusively within Democrats areas. Like when they are elected crime follows the vote. It's simple minded shot like that that fools these idiots

Nope they are right . Demos run the cities. Of course , that's where most Americans live , work, create an economy that pays for this country to exists .

Which begs the question , what do conservatives even do for us!?!

Most middle class Americans live in the suburbs.

Yeah. And they work in the city . Do you think its a coincidence that the burb is in the metro area !? The rich people living in gross point are nothing without the city of detriot .

Still waiting for that list of republican cities .

And I mean a real city , not some leafy rich suburb . Need at least 2 pro sports teams!

They like to do the city state shuffle. That way they don't ever have to compare when accusations is enough...facts? Pfft

You have to be the biggest numbskull if you believe that crime is located exclusively within Democrats areas. Like when they are elected crime follows the vote. It's simple minded shot like that that fools these idiots

Nope they are right . Demos run the cities. Of course , that's where most Americans live , work, create an economy that pays for this country to exists .

Yeah. And they work in the city . Do you think its a coincidence that the burb is in the metro area !? The rich people living in gross point are nothing without the city of detriot .

No, actually most of them work in the burbs as well. I live in a burb and work in another burb. Office parks have sprung in numerous locations outside of downtown. Who wants to go down there will all the noise, traffic and high cost?

No, actually most of them work in the burbs as well. I live in a burb and work in another burb. Office parks have sprung in numerous locations outside of downtown. Who wants to go down there will all the noise, traffic and high cost?

The burbs are an extension of the big city .

Thats why your burb ain't in the middle of idaho .

Lol what am I even supposed to say to that? Just answer the question or admit you don't have a good reason for voting republican.

Obviously "no" is something never taught in your childhood but perhaps there is hope that might happen before adolescence. One should probably have some feeling for those who have never heard "no" but, well, I just don't.

Again munchkin it depends where you FUCKING live, $15 bucks is fine in the deep south but you would need like $30 bucks an hour to live like that in New York city.

God damn how many times do we have to repeat that?

2) Our crumbling infrastructure system that ranks among the worst in the developed world

5) Aiding the shrinking middle class and stopping all income gains from going to the top earners.

The GOP is only the party of doing nothing unless it involves cutting taxes for the top earners or protecting white collar crime.

NCCP | Child Poverty

Troll thread....More garbage from the lefty loony tunes blogosphere..
Gotta question....Have you EVER posted a thread where you have not offered up someone else's opinion, rather than your own?

As to number two is the democrat controlled cities that are falling apart. They have let them go to the point of not be healthy enough to live there.
You're making shit up again.
Yeah? Just who has run Detroit/Chicago/St Louis for in some cases FOUR DECADES.

You are just parroting some of the laziest talking points of the DNC.
Philadelphia, New York City. All the largest cities in NJ., Baltimore, LA,
Billy is just regurgitating lib talking points.....And nothing will change because the cities with the most problems will continue to be democrat controlled....

As to number two is the democrat controlled cities that are falling apart. They have let them go to the point of not be healthy enough to live there.

Right it was completely up to those officials to fix the infrastructure. Do you not know who exactly is responsible for such an expense? You're also cherry picking cities which is such typical USMB con thing to do.
Yes..When libs find themselves on the losing side of an argument they immediately play the "you're cherry picking" card.....
FAILURE

Right it was completely up to those officials to fix the infrastructure. Do you not know who exactly is responsible for such an expense? You're also cherry picking cities which is such typical USMB con thing to do.

True dat! You'll never see them talk about "conservative cities " .
There aren't any large urban centers that are GOP dominated

NCCP | Child Poverty

1. They didn't corrupt it and both parties need to fix it.
2. Who says they won't fix it?
3. Our childhood poverty is NOT in any way shape or form, any where near the worst.
4. No politician will fix that.
5. That doesn't need fixing.
1) Only democrats have put forth legislation to fix it.
2) Are you kidding me? Why haven't they yet?
3) it is near the worst in the developed world. I didn't say the entire world.
4) Dodd Frank exists for a reason. Bernie Sanders campaign is run on a policy to do something about it.
5) Only a Rightwinger would say that.

Statistics isn't evidence, idiot.
Lol are you kidding me?

Forum List

Back