Russian tennis official suspended for saying Venus and Serena Williams are brothers.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Serena called the guy racist which shows how smart she is . Serena does indeed look like a transgendered mutant to me and to a lot of people. Does tennis have drug testing.?

Serena Williams Slams Russian Tennis Official Over Racist Comments NBC 10 Philadelphia

sunday, Oct 19, 2014 • Updated at 2:13 PM EDT
Serena Williams says comments by the head of the Russian Tennis Federation referring to her and older sister Venus as "brothers" were bullying, sexist and racist, and that she supported the one-year suspension imposed by the WTA against the official.

Shamil Tarpischev was also fined $25,000 for making the comments on Russian television. He also said the sisters were "scary" to look at.

"I think the WTA did a great job of taking (the) initiative and taking immediate action to his comments," Williams said Sunday in Singapore ahead of her WTA Finals defense. "I thought they were very insensitive and extremely sexist as well as racist at the same time. I thought they were in a way bullying. "

Asked whether he regretted his comments, Tarpischev told The Associated Press on Saturday at the Kremlin Cup that the program on which he spoke was "a humorous show." When asked about his ban, Tarpischev said: "I can't comment. I don't understand it."

• Banned
Best thing that could happen to ladies tennis is if the williams "sisters" were kicked out. They are mannish and extremely ugly. They'd be ugly even if they were white.

the comments were rude and sexist, but why do these whiny babies ALWAYS have to play the race card? Oh, and shootspeeders, you're still an idiot.

• Banned
Did a little research on the tennis drugs question and the consensus seems that everything is swept under the rug. Lots of the women are using PEDS but the sport ignores any positive test results.

the comments were rude and sexist, but why do these whiny babies ALWAYS have to play the race card? Oh, and shootspeeders, you're still an idiot.

From other articles I read, it sounded like he was making a joke about how intimidating they were to play against. Just a bunch of drama. TV ratings for tennis are falling even when one of the Williams Brothers is playing in a final when that used to be a draw for the lesbians, I mean women's tennis viewers. They are going to milk this for the publicity.

Forum List

Back