Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
If true, Obama has some explaining to do

-Geaux
---------------------------------

Russia Claims ISIS Now On The Ropes

One question that’s been asked repeatedly over the past thirteen months is why Washington has been unable to achieve the Pentagon’s stated goal of “degrading and defeating” ISIS despite the fact that the “battle” pits the most advanced air force on the planet against what amounts to a ragtag band of militants running around the desert in basketball shoes.

BasketballShoes.png

Those of a skeptical persuasion have been inclined to suggest that perhaps the US isn’t fully committed to the fight. Explanations for that suggestion range from the mainstream (the White House is loathe to get the US into another Mid-East war) to the “conspiratorial” (the CIA created ISIS and thus doesn’t want to destroy the group due to its value as a strategic asset).

The implication in all of this is that a modern army that was truly determined to destroy the group could likely do so in a matter of months if not weeks and so once Russia began flying sorties from Latakia, the world was anxious to see just how long the various rebel groups operating in Syria could hold up under bombardment by the Russian air force.

The answer, apparently, is “less than a week.”

On Saturday, the Russian Ministry of Defense said it has conducted 60 bombing runs in 72 hours, hitting more than 50 ISIS targets.

According to the ministry (Facebook page is here), Islamic State fighters are in a state of “panic” and more than 600 have deserted.

Here's what happens when the Russians locate a terrorist "command center":

According to The Kremlin, the structure shown in the video is (or, more appropriately, "was") "an ISIS hardened command centre near Raqqah." Su-34s hit it with concrete-piercing BETAB-500s setting off a series of explosions and fires that "completely destroyed the object."

Here's RT:

Surgical airstrikes by Russian fighter jets have knocked out a number of Islamic State installations in Syria, including the battle headquarters of a jihadist group near Raqqa, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

“Over the past 24 hours, Sukhoi Su-34 and Su-24M fighter jets have performed 20 sorties and hit nine Islamic State installations,” Igor Konashenkov, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman, reported.

Konashenkov added that yesterday evening Russian aircraft went on six sorties, inflicting strikes on three terrorist installations.

“A bunker-busting BETAB-500 air bomb dropped from a Sukhoi Su-34 bomber near Raqqa has eliminated the command post of one of the terror groups, together with an underground storage facility for explosives and munitions,” the spokesman said.

Commenting on the video filmed by a Russian UAV monitoring the assault near Raqqa, Konashenkov noted, “a powerful explosion inside the bunker indicates it was also used for storing a large quantity of munitions.

“As you can see, a direct hit on the installation resulted in the detonation of explosives and multiple fires. It was completely demolished,” the spokesman said.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...-fighters-desert-after-60-airstrikes-72-hours

The Russian Defense Ministry is not known for honesty in reporting.

ISIS is probably on the ropes about as much as Al Qaeda was when Obama announced something similar.

I hope Russia is right and they wipe ISIS off the map

I would willingly give them full credit if they do

I think most of us agree on that. The question is why Obama didn't do it. Our military is certainly capable of destroying those slimeballs in a couple of days.

The question is.....why should it be a U.S. responsibility to fight ISIS?

Let Russia do it. Let them put THEIR soldiers at risk for once
If they do it......Fine ....give them the credit

Why does the U.S. have to be world policeman?

I think most of us agree on that. The question is why Obama didn't do it. Our military is certainly capable of destroying those slimeballs in a couple of days.

I agree that it is not our job to police the world. However, radical islam poses a real and present danger to the USA and the civilized world. Netanyahu and Putin understand that, Obama does not.

ISIS is more a threat to Russia and the other Mid East countries . They should handle it.

ConservAtives are all mad that our troops ain't dying out in Syria - Iraq .

If they clear ISIS from Syria they would have to occupy Syria and prop up Assad.

Which is probably what they will do.

To the cheers of Conservatives who will use it as another cudgel to bash the President.

But what have we been doing the last year plus over there?

-Geaux

Trying to give the locals "breathing room".

It's had mixed success. Mainly because the locals that are all in, like the Kurds, have an actual "buy in".

The locals like the Sunnis, don't.

If they clear ISIS from Syria they would have to occupy Syria and prop up Assad.

To the cheers of Conservatives who will use it as another cudgel to bash the President.

Russia and Iran are working together to control the mid east. If you think thats a good thing for the world, I have some swamp land to sell you.

Russia and Iran are working together to control the mid east. If you think thats a good thing for the world, I have some swamp land to sell you.

Depends on how you look at it, we've been trying to "control" the Middle East for decades and it has brought us only misery, perhaps it's time for Russia and Iran to get their fair share of the miserable morass that is the Middle East, we can sit back and laugh at them like they've been doing to us.

I agree that it is not our job to police the world. However, radical islam poses a real and present danger to the USA and the civilized world. Netanyahu and Putin understand that, Obama does not.

Obama has been bombing ISIS for a year. There is only so much that bombing can do. I, for one, am unwilling to put US boots on the ground

Let's try Russian boots

If true, Obama has some explaining to do

-Geaux
---------------------------------

Russia Claims ISIS Now On The Ropes

One question that’s been asked repeatedly over the past thirteen months is why Washington has been unable to achieve the Pentagon’s stated goal of “degrading and defeating” ISIS despite the fact that the “battle” pits the most advanced air force on the planet against what amounts to a ragtag band of militants running around the desert in basketball shoes.

BasketballShoes.png

Those of a skeptical persuasion have been inclined to suggest that perhaps the US isn’t fully committed to the fight. Explanations for that suggestion range from the mainstream (the White House is loathe to get the US into another Mid-East war) to the “conspiratorial” (the CIA created ISIS and thus doesn’t want to destroy the group due to its value as a strategic asset).

The implication in all of this is that a modern army that was truly determined to destroy the group could likely do so in a matter of months if not weeks and so once Russia began flying sorties from Latakia, the world was anxious to see just how long the various rebel groups operating in Syria could hold up under bombardment by the Russian air force.

The answer, apparently, is “less than a week.”

On Saturday, the Russian Ministry of Defense said it has conducted 60 bombing runs in 72 hours, hitting more than 50 ISIS targets.

According to the ministry (Facebook page is here), Islamic State fighters are in a state of “panic” and more than 600 have deserted.

Here's what happens when the Russians locate a terrorist "command center":

According to The Kremlin, the structure shown in the video is (or, more appropriately, "was") "an ISIS hardened command centre near Raqqah." Su-34s hit it with concrete-piercing BETAB-500s setting off a series of explosions and fires that "completely destroyed the object."

Here's RT:

Surgical airstrikes by Russian fighter jets have knocked out a number of Islamic State installations in Syria, including the battle headquarters of a jihadist group near Raqqa, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

“Over the past 24 hours, Sukhoi Su-34 and Su-24M fighter jets have performed 20 sorties and hit nine Islamic State installations,” Igor Konashenkov, Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman, reported.

Konashenkov added that yesterday evening Russian aircraft went on six sorties, inflicting strikes on three terrorist installations.

“A bunker-busting BETAB-500 air bomb dropped from a Sukhoi Su-34 bomber near Raqqa has eliminated the command post of one of the terror groups, together with an underground storage facility for explosives and munitions,” the spokesman said.

Commenting on the video filmed by a Russian UAV monitoring the assault near Raqqa, Konashenkov noted, “a powerful explosion inside the bunker indicates it was also used for storing a large quantity of munitions.

“As you can see, a direct hit on the installation resulted in the detonation of explosives and multiple fires. It was completely demolished,” the spokesman said.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...-fighters-desert-after-60-airstrikes-72-hours

I don't doubt it. When you actually use your full military might and to hell with media coverage and public outcry, you can soundly defeat a ragtag bunch of poorly trained wannabe soldiers.

Forum List

Back