Run snowflakes, it's a painting! AAACCCCHHH

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
We have truly given up on our children. After 80 years this picture and another are being removed by the U of Wisconsin, because it scares our little college kiddies. And here is what the college said about the picture:
"If the paintings are displayed, it should be in a “controlled gallery space,” he said, with appropriate “context”for viewers. However, the school says that for now, Peters’ works will most likely stay out of public view."
Controlled space with appropriate "context"? Will there be paper bags for those who dare enter the appropriate space, to avoid hyperventilation? I wonder how many died in the past 80 years from seeing that picture every day when they went to that school. Yikes!
CpIndTCVUAAI1IY.jpg

For crying out loud. The only scary thing about the picture is the guy standing up is in danger of falling overboard. A controlled gallery space isn't going to hand him a towel. Besides, don't these college kids have studying to do? Oh yeah. School work, like gazing at a painting, is too much for their tender psyches to endure.

That Obama's colleges pander to these marshmallows is stunning. 80 years worth of students made it without long term PTSD from being exposed to a picture of people in canoes.
In a speech Obama made in Brussels, he said that we can write a better history for our youth. I think we should keep the real one, and expose our youth to the truth.

o sorry didnt realize we are limited to cons hating on libs and not pointing out the hypocrisy ...you know dixie chicks committed treason but not donald trump
There, there. So sorry I didn't understand your need to express random hate. Maybe some time in a controlled setting listening to the Dixie Chicks will help your emotional distress.

seems conservative have always hated art....and want to de fund art programs...
I'm a conservative and an artist but don't support government spending your money on what I like.

That said, after 80 years I'm guessing the piece has been payed for. But I think it reminded the precious ones that whites conquered the land and defeated the Indians.

seems conservative have always hated art....and want to de fund art programs...

What an ignorant statement. That has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, the school, or the snowflakes. Who are all liberal nut jobs.
Conservatives would have told the marshmallows to grow up, and get to math class.

Last edited:
o sorry didnt realize we are limited to cons hating on libs and not pointing out the hypocrisy ...you know dixie chicks committed treason but not donald trump

How about you not use every thread to blame Trump for the ills of the world. Why are the children today not able to handle a picture that 80 years worth of students had no problem with. And how far do we go to placate the fragile little things?

We have truly given up on our children. After 80 years this picture and another are being removed by the U of Wisconsin, because it scares our little college kiddies. And here is what the college said about the picture:
"If the paintings are displayed, it should be in a “controlled gallery space,” he said, with appropriate “context”for viewers. However, the school says that for now, Peters’ works will most likely stay out of public view."
Controlled space with appropriate "context"? Will there be paper bags for those who dare enter the appropriate space, to avoid hyperventilation? I wonder how many died in the past 80 years from seeing that picture every day when they went to that school. Yikes!
CpIndTCVUAAI1IY.jpg

Hey hey hey!!! These are those 'high information college types' that Democrats claim are supporting them over Trump n Stuff!!!! And you didn't post a trigger word warning either!!!

That Obama's colleges pander to these marshmallows is stunning. 80 years worth of students made it without long term PTSD from being exposed to a picture of people in canoes.
In a speech Obama made in Brussels, he said that we can write a better history for our youth. I think we should keep the real one, and expose our youth to the truth.
Maybe they're moving them because they're butt ugly paintings, but in order not to offend anyone, they came up with that "offensive" excuse. History, offensive or not, has a place in universities and that's the craziest crap I ever heard of. Move it 'cause it's time for a change and shut up about it.

Maybe they're moving them because they're butt ugly paintings, but in order not to offend anyone, they came up with that "offensive" excuse. History, offensive or not, has a place in universities and that's the craziest crap I ever heard of. Move it 'cause it's time for a change and shut up about it.
Butt ugly?

Butt ugly?
I'm not an artist. I don't have exquisite sensibilities about such things.

Butt ugly?
I'm not an artist. I don't have exquisite sensibilities about such things.
It isn't what I would call a high level of fine art but a decent illustration, which is a bit dated, I'll give it that. My guess it that's a big part of it, that style of art is not favored in colleges. I'm an art major and even back in the 70s conceptual art was in vogue. The word illustration was spoken in the same vein of a racial slur.

Good abstract art is timeless but hard to find.

Forum List

Back