Ruger Wrangler

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
Couldn't resist. Love those single action 22lr Rugers.

List $249, $199 at Rural King. Got the ceracote bronze finish, pretty. (stock image, can't get pics off my cell)

It's a Ruger in every way, feel, quality. Grips interchange with other single six but I like the Colt style checkered black grips. Like that non fluted cylinder, always have.

Fixed sights so it is what it is. Seems very accurate, maybe a bit high and left. Got to shoot more to tell.

RUGER-WRANGLER-22LR-02004.jpg

List $249, $199 at Rural King. Got the ceracote bronze finish, pretty. (stock image, can't get pics off my cell)

It's a Ruger in every way, feel, quality. Grips interchange with other single six but I like the Colt style checkered black grips. Like that non fluted cylinder, always have.

Fixed sights so it is what it is. Seems very accurate, maybe a bit high and left. Got to shoot more to tell.

What do you shoot with it?

Baby seals... I hope.

Baby seals... I hope.
It’s a smart gun to buy if you like to target practice a lot. Ammo is cheap. And it’s probably good for small game. I’m curious what he uses it for.

It's pretty much just a plinker in my case. Cans, reaction targets. I have some cool 3 dimensional star shape targets fly off different directions when hit.

It can also be used as my snake gun, usually 22lr snake shot, federal brand CCI to $$$ Or vermin but I have others to use for those chores too.

Baby seals... I hope.
It’s a smart gun to buy if you like to target practice a lot. Ammo is cheap. And it’s probably good for small game. I’m curious what he uses it for.

I pretty much gave up any hunting, small or big game. I will if I need to. If I did, a 22 rifle would be my small game choice, or a light shotgun like my 28 gauge. Big game I use/d a 30-06.

Yes, very fun gun for target and plinking! I do have tack driver 22's for if and when I compete/d. The 22lr NRA "postal league" is a blast, I use a ruger 22lr semi, MK3 for that.

Looking forward to a review after you've got to shoot it awhile...my Heritage Rough Rider recently gave up the ghost.

Is it 22lr only?

Looking forward to a review after you've got to shoot it awhile...my Heritage Rough Rider recently gave up the ghost.

Is it 22lr only?

I'll give a nice rundown later. First impressions, I LIKE. It's every bit a Ruger and that says alot. I paid very close to that for a Ruger 22/22m in 79!

Heritage fill a niche, very affordable, but yes they can die. SSA's (all if one can get parts) are easy fixes though, just a few simple parts. You get out of time, pawl not rotating properly, locked up? Things like that are simple.

No, M, not a 22 mag. I have a few 22 mags,, but was never impressed with it in a single six. Short bbl can't burn all the powder but fun! Remember a 22lr is .222, 22mag is .224 How they swing that? BBL is 223 in a convertible 22 ruger. .001 loose in 22lr, .001 tight in 22 mag. 22mag in them kinda fails at accuracy but 22lr very good.

Forum List

Back