Found this Taurus G2C 9mm pistol at a garage sale today

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I haven't logged in here for awhile because it's garage sale season. I picked this up at one today: A Taurus G2C 9mm pistol with two 12-round magazines and a box of ammo. It's basically the same design as a Glock: It disassembles the same way and is plunger driven. The only difference is that it not only has the safety built in to the trigger, it has an external safety on the slide. It's also double-action, which means you don't have to pull the slide back to re-cock it if you have a misfire. Another difference is that it has a sight adjustable for elevation and windage, which most Glocks don't have. The front and rear sights are also Tritium, so you can see them in the dark. It groups pretty tight at 25 yards, but I'll probably work up a handload for it.

With the recent increasing scarcity of pistols, these are retailing for about $350. I got it for $140. Helluva deal, eh? And yes, I had a friend in the Sheriff's Department run it for me to make sure it wasn't stolen.

taurus1.jpg

taurus2.jpg

taurus3.jpg

It's a mini-pistol. I have no love for this type of gun, so I refer you to pistol people.
My pistol has either a 12 or 16-inch barrel. :dunno:
You got a good deal.
I forgot about the 4" barrel one. That thing is a shooter!.
It puts the bullets right!
Not all guns do that. :(
Model 60 and my Savage do..also the 4" Smith & Wesson.
No other guns really do AFAIK

Last edited:
When Trump gets re-elected, and the mob gets even nuttier than 2 months ago, you'll get some use out of it.

It's a mini-pistol. I have no love for this type of gun, so I refer you to pistol people.
My pistol has either a 12 or 16-inch barrel. :dunno:
You got a good deal.
I forgot about the 4" barrel one. That thing is a shooter!.
It puts the bullets right!
Not all guns do that. :(
Model 60 and my Savage do..also the 4" Smith & Wesson.
No other guns really do AFAIK

These are made for everyday carry: They're light, simple, and accurate. I lugged around a full-sized Ruger P89 when I first got my carry license. It weighed about as much as a 1911. I've been carrying a Glock G19 with two spare mags for the last four years and it seems to get a little heavier every year.

The good thing about smaller compacts is that when worn in a good inside-waistband holster, you almost forget they're there. Probably put a light on this one and give it to the wife for a nightstand gun.

I guess I'm old school but I prefer the feel of a 1911 in my hand over a Glock, and I have more confidence in the .45 over the 9mm when it comes to dispatching a criminal. (although the all metal 1911 are heavy compared to the poly frame Glock)
But the internal mechanics of the 1911 is over 100 years old and is known to jam/misfire sometimes. While you rarely, if ever, hear of a Glock misfire/jamming.
So my question is: Does anyone make a 1911 poly frame pistol, with modern Glock style internals, that shoots. .45 ?
To someone like me, that would be the cat's meow. ... :cool:

I guess I'm old school but I prefer the feel of a 1911 in my hand over a Glock, and I have more confidence in the .45 over the 9mm when it comes to dispatching a criminal. (although the all metal 1911 are heavy compared to the poly frame Glock)
But the internal mechanics of the 1911 is over 100 years old and is known to jam/misfire sometimes. While you rarely, if ever, hear of a Glock misfire/jamming.
So my question is: Does anyone make a 1911 poly frame pistol, with modern Glock style internals, that shoots. .45 ?
To someone like me, that would be the cat's meow. ... :cool:

Glock does make several of them in 45 acp, but they're still Glocks...

Four Glock .45 ACP Models to Make You Forget the 1911 - Pew Pew Tactical

I used to own a Taurus .41 magnum 5-shot revolver, before my family had me "served" and went to court to have me adjudicated as a mentally defective paranoid schizophrenic and revoke my rights by a mental health civil commitment in a private court proceeding that was made part of the permanent public record without any defense or recourse on my part whatsoever. I left the property against their will at the peril of my life just when I would have been arrested for felony possession of a firearm by an adjudicated mental defective. I will never find a paying job with that on my record, since most businesses and government offices have had me served off the property with a permanent criminal trespass warrant that cannot be appealed under any circumstances.

Taurus sure has come a long way. Heck, when was it they bought S&W's old rights and old machines when S&W went C&C Back late 70"s?

They had model 85 (a chief special) and a few more Smith designs. Quality was spotty but they kept on it, they fixed them, they got better THEN came out with many cool designs!!!

Looks like a great deal. $140? Heck can't get a coffee and a donut for that now.

Forum List

Back