Ho-Ho-Ho....Now I Got Two Handguns

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
One of my local gun shops called and he said that he got in a large number of old handguns and asked if I'd like to see them before he priced them up. Well what with me never letting a buying opportunity slip by I headed on into town and looked them over.

It was a very big "accumulation", some collectable, a couple that were junk, and some just good solid shooters. I helped him with pricing when he asked and came home with a couple for myself.

Gratuitous cat pic. ;)

2g 007 (3).JPG

A 1965 Colt Frontier Scout and a 90s era Hungarian PMK-.380. w/extra mag and holster.

2g 004 (2).JPG

The Frontier Scout was made from '57 to '69 and was produced to try to compete with Ruger's Single Six and High Standard's Double Nine. They are very collectable these days.

2g 005 (3).JPG

The FEG PMK-.380 ('90-'95) was just a gun I had missed the boat on when they were available for cheap. They have a very good reputation as far as reliability, accuracy, and ease of carry....Any Wather PP holster will work with them once you get shed of the import required thumb rest left grip......New grips on order. ;)

They are basically a Walther PP copy but unlike the 9mm Makarov PA-63 it has a higher degree of fit and finish and a much nicer trigger......It is interesting in that it sports a Titanium-Aluminum alloy frame. It weighs exactly the same as my Colt Cobra revolver. 7+1 capacity.

I'm jealous. I've got a Glock 42 .380 for CC. It's clunky but goes bang when you pull the trigger. Looking for something nicer, like yours.

Last edited:
I'm jealous. I've got a Glock 42 .380 for CC. It's clunky but goes bang when you pull the trigger. Looking for something nicer, like yours.
If you want something similar for not a lot of money you could go with a Zastava M70 (.32ACP) or a Polish Radom P64 (9x18). Both very small and great for CC.

I got shed of the import point thumb-rest grips on the .380....It handles a lot better and fits the holster better. Issue Hungarian pistols did not have a thumb-rest.

gp 001 (2).JPG

I could have got black grips but the outfit in GA that makes them (Tilllander) had a set of mottled brown grips that reminded me of the old Franzite grips so I got them.

Forum List

Back