Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy

This Just In From NBC. The part of the health-care website that is designed to assist dead people, pets, mythical creatures and illegal aliens will not be ready until June 2025.

How long did you work on that one?

All night.

Along with the bottle of gin that inspired it.

:lol:

In any case, this basically just shows how hypocritical Rubio is..

As if everything else the guy does, doesn't.

Democraps fought hard to not have Congress, the Senate, and the President have to live under the same Laws as they forced to the Population.

Republicans such as Grassley, fought time and time again to make them, through Amendment, have the same coverage as the rest of the people.

Democraps LIE about Grassley and Rubio................They are going to exchanges as a matter of PRINCIPLE. Something the Dems don't care about.

The Op is a Lie................It orignially stated that Rubio was taking Subsidies............No post that I've seen has proven this.........................

Show me the proof.......................

He makes $174,000 as a Senator.............The cut off for Subsidies under Obamacare as Mac Belle corrected me on, is 126k.................So then the Op shifted as it was caught in it's LIES..............We really meant his staffers...............That wasn't the initial Op. Deflection posts....................

Then it shifted to he's keeping his Company plan and the tax payers are paying for it............LOL.........He's a Federal employee and so is his staff............If he's receiving EMPLOYER INSURANCE then he need not go to the exchanges...................

I wish the hell you Democraps could at least coordinate your lies.

According to a December 9th article in WAPO here, Marco and his staff will be using the DC Exchange for their health insurance needs.

The Tampa Bay Times calls it a subsidy, personally I would call it an employer contribution but-----but by whatever name you want to call it, taxpayers are paying for 75% of Marco's family health insurance premium [here] and-----and "The Tampa Bay Times also notes that Rubio may have even found a better deal had his home state Florida allowed an exchange."

I'd post the chart but the chart won't C&P properly, click here to check out how your lawmaker is funding their health insurance.

Eagle, it looks to me like you're just blowing uninformed smoke.

Did he somehow not pay for it?

People have been barking about both houses opting out of Obamacare. He's just showing he will do it to keep people happy if that's what they're driving at. Maybe there's a plan to undo private care for elected officials? :dunno:

You are missing the point Ms. Becki.

While I don't expect these folks to go "dead ender" on this, someone could at least have the grace to come out and say, "Look, I was against this, but now? I am going to give it a try. I may have been wrong and I am going to approach it with an open mind."

Speaking out against ObamaCare THEN going behind everyone's back and actually enrolling is pretty audacious, don't you think?

I mean these folks have been having "don't enroll" parties at colleges.

They've been telling OTHER people NOT to enroll.
Very few of us on the right side of the aisle care for ACA, Mr. Sallow. #1 It's not affordable, #2 It's unfriendly to insurance, pharmaceutical, and some medical practices, because it's too comprehensive but has no comprehension, and #3 it's not only one of the most expensive acts ever penned, it tramples the Constitution's Bill of Rights, and it tramples them to death.

However, as a Republican, we believe in the rule of law, and he was merely accepting obedience to the law as one would expect of us as citizens, and I would not speculate on any touchy-feely issues in a man's mind on Capitol Hill after that.

If the American people want their Constitutional laws back, a lot of the ACA will have to be changed, and if Republicans are called upon to change it we will start with removing the word "affordable" from the title, and when we are done, it will not be used to force religious medical professionals of the Christian faith to do procedures that are against their religion; it will neither encourage nor discourage unionization of the medical field; and people will have other options than the act for their health care choices for everyone, including Congressional opponents.

And that's what I think.

Except, I didn't know this thread was still going.

why are you always so long-winded :eusa_hand: like you're moses? :eusa_eh:

O'care WILL bring down costs by having more people in the pools. Ironically, guess who the law benefits most Miss Becki? :eusa_whistle:

:up: women

You are missing the point Ms. Becki.

While I don't expect these folks to go "dead ender" on this, someone could at least have the grace to come out and say, "Look, I was against this, but now? I am going to give it a try. I may have been wrong and I am going to approach it with an open mind."

Speaking out against ObamaCare THEN going behind everyone's back and actually enrolling is pretty audacious, don't you think?

I mean these folks have been having "don't enroll" parties at colleges.

They've been telling OTHER people NOT to enroll.
Very few of us on the right side of the aisle care for ACA, Mr. Sallow. #1 It's not affordable, #2 It's unfriendly to insurance, pharmaceutical, and some medical practices, because it's too comprehensive but has no comprehension, and #3 it's not only one of the most expensive acts ever penned, it tramples the Constitution's Bill of Rights, and it tramples them to death.

However, as a Republican, we believe in the rule of law, and he was merely accepting obedience to the law as one would expect of us as citizens, and I would not speculate on any touchy-feely issues in a man's mind on Capitol Hill after that.

If the American people want their Constitutional laws back, a lot of the ACA will have to be changed, and if Republicans are called upon to change it we will start with removing the word "affordable" from the title, and when we are done, it will not be used to force religious medical professionals of the Christian faith to do procedures that are against their religion; it will neither encourage nor discourage unionization of the medical field; and people will have other options than the act for their health care choices for everyone, including Congressional opponents.

And that's what I think.

Except, I didn't know this thread was still going.

why are you always so long-winded :eusa_hand: like you're moses? :eusa_eh:

O'care WILL bring down costs by having more people in the pools. Ironically, guess who the law benefits most Miss Becki? :eusa_whistle:

:up: women

no, it won't. it will rip off the middle class like never in the history - for the benefit of the 1% - those who are the real beneficiaries of this fascist law.

One of Obamacare's biggest critics is now officially covered under the federal health care exchange: Sen. Marco Rubio.

"Senator Rubio spent time looking at all the options and decided to enroll through the D.C. exchange for coverage for him and his family," spokeswoman Brooke Sammon told the Tampa Bay Times.

Rubio, a father of four, also took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off. Even some lawmakers who have enrolled in the exchange have rejected the taxpayer-funded employer contribution.

Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy | Tampa Bay Times

Words...just...fail...me...now...

:evil:

This is a sequel to the 1st movie "I hate the Stimulus but love ribbon cuttings" :lol:

from the link

That Rubio even had to switch from the existing federal plan to the exchange is thanks to Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who amended the Affordable Care Act to require members of Congress and staff join the exchange. It was viewed as a way to needle Democrats, but Democrats accepted the change.

He had to sign up, by law

fucking dems get waivers to not follow the law, But tards like sallow give a rep shit for doing so.

pity you had to post a link, lying shit

Yup. All of Congress both Dems and Reps will be getting coverage through the exchanges. They have no choice. The ACA is the law of the land.

What a POS it truly is.

from the link

That Rubio even had to switch from the existing federal plan to the exchange is thanks to Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who amended the Affordable Care Act to require members of Congress and staff join the exchange. It was viewed as a way to needle Democrats, but Democrats accepted the change.

fucking dems get waivers to not follow the law, But tards like sallow give a rep shit for doing so.

Yup. All of Congress both Dems and Reps will be getting coverage through the exchanges. They have no choice. The ACA is the law of the land.

What a POS it truly is.

Liberals are just now figuring that out--they had no idea that congress critters who make 175 to 200K per year were going to get taxpayer subsidies for their Obamacare. Most of them thought they were going to get "free" health care coverage. Now they're not only paying for coverage for themselves but for congress too.

Welcome to your hope and change

obamacare-ruling-iv.jpg

from the link

What a POS it truly is.

Liberals are just now figuring that out--they had no idea that congress critters who make 175 to 200K per year were going to get taxpayer subsidies for their Obamacare. Most of them thought they were going to get "free" health care coverage. Now they're not only paying for coverage for themselves but for congress too.

Welcome to your hope and change

obamacare-ruling-iv.jpg
Congress and staff have had their insurance subsidies since 1964 by the federal government just like other federal employees. The subsidy was established by the Federal Employees Health Benefits Act of 1959. The ACA made no changes to the subsidy.

Last edited:
One of Obamacare's biggest critics is now officially covered under the federal health care exchange: Sen. Marco Rubio.

"Senator Rubio spent time looking at all the options and decided to enroll through the D.C. exchange for coverage for him and his family," spokeswoman Brooke Sammon told the Tampa Bay Times.

Rubio, a father of four, also took the federal subsidy afforded to lawmakers and staff — a perk worth up to 75 percent of monthly premium costs — that some Republicans wanted to kill off. Even some lawmakers who have enrolled in the exchange have rejected the taxpayer-funded employer contribution.

The words you were looking for is at least one Senator has decided to go by the same laws as the rest of the common people.

The words you were looking for is at least one Senator has decided to go by the same laws as the rest of the common people.
Most congressmen and their staff are buying their insurance off the DC exchange. By "the rest of the people", I suppose you are excluding the 85% of the people who have group insurance and thus do not use the exchange.

What every member of Congress is doing about his/her healthcare, in 1 chart

Most congressmen and their staff are buying their insurance off the DC exchange. By "the rest of the people", I suppose you are excluding the 85% of the people who have group insurance and thus do not use the exchange.

Thanks for posting the link to "What every member of Congress is doing about his/her healthcare, in 1 chart" again, apparently the rightys on the USMB are either -click challenged- or-----or they don't want to know what their own lawmakers are doing for health insurance or-----or they're embarrassed to talk about their own-----their own lawmakers...cowards.

Thanks for posting the link to "What every member of Congress is doing about his/her healthcare, in 1 chart" again, apparently the rightys on the USMB are either -click challenged- or-----or they don't want to know what their own lawmakers are doing for health insurance or-----or they're embarrassed to talk about their own-----their own lawmakers...cowards.

Rubio enrolls in Obamacare, takes federal subsidy - Page 9 - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Quote: Originally Posted by Flopper
Quote: Originally Posted by TooTall
Quote: Originally Posted by Sallow

Rubio received no subsidy.
Only a dumbass believes that.
His employer pays part of his benefit package and health insurance is part of it.
He would rather buy his own health insurance.

from the link

Not a single Congressman has gotten a "waiver" from Obamacare, and repeating it over and over makes you look like a fool.

Every Congressman, and all their aides, will do exactly as Rubio has done if they have not already.

Rubio received no subsidy.
Only a dumbass believes that.
His employer pays part of his benefit package and health insurance is part of it.
He would rather buy his own health insurance.

Well, not quite.

The ACA forces Congressmen and Senators (and their staffs) to purchase their insurance on the exchanges, and it is "subsadized" in the sense that their employer (the USA) is going to pay 75% of it, just like they always have.

This Just In From NBC. The part of the health-care website that is designed to assist dead people, pets, mythical creatures and illegal aliens will not be ready until June 2025.
it wouldn't surprised me that up to 300,00 dead people are still voting in Chicago and Philly.

Millions of brain dead have been voting for decades.
What is the difference?

from the link

Fuck you asshole.

You and the other fucking morons opposed to this law wasted 24 fucking billion dollars and a shitload of time playing "Let's nullify the Presidency".

Yet now?

The "True Believers" which cost this country so fucking much..your heroes...are finding out it's a better deal.

You fucking bastards have done nothing but hurt the fucking country over bullshit.

You assholes drag this country into a war over a lie..after falling asleep at the switch when dumbfuck Saudis MURDERED over 3000 Americans. You attacked the wrong fucking country you morons. And then wound up killing a whole mess of innocent people.

THEN..you didn't apologize or admit fault.

Fuuuuuuccccckkkk you.

You are too ignorant to breath. The Saudis that attacked the WTC and Pentagon were paid and ordered to do so by Osama bin laden who was being enabled by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

The 'assholes' that authorized attacking Afghanistan included most of the Democrats in the Senate.

The alleged $24 billion loss included all of the lost wages of all federal government workers who didn't lose a penny. They were paid as if nothing happened after the fact.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back