Rorkes Drift lego set? They have that?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This came up on my youtube feed........they have a Battle of Rorkes drift lego set? Some mistakes in the video? The Zulu did not throw their spears...in fact, they used shortened spears almost like short swords.

This came up on my youtube feed........they have a Battle of Rorkes drift lego set? Some mistakes in the video? The Zulu did not throw their spears...in fact, they used shortened spears almost like short swords.

It's Legos and you're worried about historical accuracy? :eusa_eh:

Wouldn't be a day that ends in a Y if he wasn't whining about some damn thing.

Like everybody else I clicked in here because I read the title in disbelief.

This is a thing ... people customize Lego and do stop animation battles.

d3ap81q-b8be5401-2de0-4521-859c-bd4e701477e9.jpg

I've always found this absolutely fucking charming about Legos: The sheer breadth and width of obscure topics that these madmen have represented with their play sets over the years.

The latter made "prequel," Zulu Dawn, gave a more informative description of the events leading up to Rorke's Drift. It showed Britain's arrogance towards the native Zulu Kingdom and the massacre of about 1,800 British, Natal and native forces by 20,000 Zulu's fighting for their territory. The Zulu king was successful in an open field battle, but told his son, not to attack the smaller contingent at Rorke's Drift, as it was across the river, not on Zulu territory and was a fixed location that offered protection. The prince ignored his father at his own peril. The Zulu king knew that by attacking outside of Zulu territory, they would not have legal grounds to stand on, as defending their own kingdom.

Forum List

Back