Ronald Reagan had Alzheimer's while president, son says

Thank you, Doctor Dipschitt.
Not a prob......

loser_point.gif

slap_3f.gif

He seemed to remember nothing about his approval of the Iran contra affair

Last edited by a moderator:
Reagan was obviosly suffering from the disease in my mind.

How sad that his son is attacked for pointing out the facts

Its been 23 years since Reagan left office. There is no reason we need to "protect his legacy" as we attempt to elevate him to sainthood. Other presidents such as Wilson, FDR and JFK have had their medical infirmities leaked to the public after they left office. It did not affect their legacy.

Why is Reagan exempt? Why the vicious attacks on the messenger?

Its been 23 years since Reagan left office. There is no reason we need to "protect his legacy" as we attempt to elevate him to sainthood. Other presidents such as Wilson, FDR and JFK have had their medical infirmities leaked to the public after they left office. It did not affect their legacy.

You do realize, don't you, that Ron is not a dispassionate observer?

He's got a book to sell.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Have a good life Knotheads.
Get re-bent.

Your anecdotal experience and little Ronnie's cheap piece of shit book don't add up to a medical diagnosis.

I agree. His son should not be trying to make a diagnosis. For one, that would mean Ronald Reagan had alzheimers for twenty years, and if he actually did have it while in office, it would have been before you saw any early signs. It isn't like you just wake up one day and can't remember anything. And if Reagan had it for twenty years it would have been slow at progressing. Yes, some people progress faster when having the disease, but they are not the ones who live for twenty years with the disease.

It's common knowledge that Reagan was inflicted...it's been noted by the historians just like FDR, JFK, and Wilson. The thing I think most conservatives have a problem with is Ron. He was the self imposed outcast of the family, and now comes out with a book. It just looks disengenuous and might cast doubt on authenticity of the facts.

I don't understand why so many RWers are clearly upset, stating that Ron should grow up already.

Is it not his father? Is he not his father's namesake?

Does he not KNOW his father's history and/or condition at any given time throughout his life?

The answer is yes.

I suspect that Ron's a big miffed, to say the least, of the diefication of his father in RW/Republican circles.

If Ron says the man had a touch of the Zheimer's I'm inclined to believe him.

From what I know the disease doesn't just spring up, it creeps up over the years, decades even until it finally consumes you.

Ron Reagan has all the right to express himself and divulge all the information HE feels he should about HIS OWN father.

Talk about needing to grow up.

I don't see how he could know. First off, he isn't a doctor. Secondly, he was not around his dad much, he was too busy running around being critical of him.

This is all pretty suspect considering he is trying to make money off it, with his book. ;)

He's got a book to sell.

Doesn't every biographer?

Fact is that Ron Jr was there. He is entitled to publish his opinion of what he saw regarding his fathers eventual mental breakdown. His brother Michael is just as biased as he attempts to live off of his fathers conservative legacy.

History needs all these bits of information as it attempts to record the Reagan legacy. There is nothing to be ashamed of here. Reagan is evaluated on what he did while he was president. Nobody is circling the wagons to protect Wilson, FDR or JFK....it is just part of the historical record

He's got a book to sell.

Fact is that Ron Jr was there. He is entitled to publish his opinion of what he saw regarding his fathers eventual mental breakdown. His brother Michael is just as biased as he attempts to live off of his fathers conservative legacy.

History needs all these bits of information as it attempts to record the Reagan legacy. There is nothing to be ashamed of here. Reagan is evaluated on what he did while he was president. Nobody is circling the wagons to protect Wilson, FDR or JFK....it is just part of the historical record

That's one of the problems. No..He was NOT there.

There is no way he would know.
The first stage of Alzheimers which is all Reagan could have been in, if he actually did have it while in the White House cannot be even noticed by a doctor.
Only 3% of people with Alzheimers live passed 14 years, Reagan would have had to have it for almost twenty years.
It would also mean when Reagan stopped being able to talk and eat on his own, or even breath, Nancy would have had to have him on feeding tubes and oxygen for at least a few years. I doubt it.

The thing that gets me, is his own son is putting out this bullshit. I never liked Reagan as a President, but his son should have some respect, at least for his mother. I can only imagine what she went through. She also kept Reagan away from the media so his image would not be tarnished, and she probably took care of him most of the time.

He's got a book to sell.

Do you have proof he never saw his father in 8 years in the White House?

Do you have proof he never saw his father in 8 years in the White House?

I didn't say that.

Forum List

Back