Ron Paul: Black Caucus Only Against War Because They Want That Money For Food Stamps

Government is there to help those who need helping

What a stupid thing to say. Govt is to prevent people from injuring others.
Government is for a lot of things, including solving issues that only society, not individuals, can deal with.

Vet benefits go back to the founders, so arguing they never contemplated aiding people who served the nation and suffered is ... nonsensical. And there was no conceptual difference between that and the GI bill. And, the only difference between the Founders practice of colonialists forging West to dislodge the native americans and our eventual homestead acts was that because of sheer numbers, homesteading needed some regulation. And, logically there's no real difference to the govt subsidizing and loaning people money to earn skills and become better citizens.

I have to say that the welfare society is something not contemplated. The poor and sick were cared for locally, privately and in some cases by states.

JSTOR An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
American Poverty Pre-Welfare State Intellectual Takeout ITO
We've lost touch with Ben Franklin et al, who viewed aiding the poor as essentially driving them out of poverty by forcing them to work ... or die.

oh damn, this could cause rioting in the streets

Naacp, the black caucus will want him charged with a hate crime or something

truth hurts. as we saw with Giuliani

Government is there to help those who need helping

What a stupid thing to say. Govt is to prevent people from injuring others.
Government is for a lot of things, including solving issues that only society, not individuals, can deal with.

Wrong. Government's only legitimate function is protecting you from predators. Otherwise, government becomes the predator.

No, Government is there to do what needs doing. We, as a society, task them to do those things that are better performed collectively than we can do as individuals

No, Government is there to do what needs doing. We, as a society, task them to do those things that are better performed collectively than we can do as individuals

There are few things that meet your criteria.

Roads, bridges, sanitation systems, schools, security, public health, public safety, environmental protection, research, monetary system........

Yes, Really. Your link deals with earned benefits for soldiers who fought before there was a Constitution. Totally different situation.
LOL. There's no distinction worth a difference between those, the WWI bonuses and the GI bill. Seriously, aside from your very weird notions of retirees and students being blood suckers, what you really have is an historical fact of aide to the poor and sick being privately and state supported prior to the new deal.

LOL. There's no distinction worth a difference between those, the WWI bonuses and the GI bill. Seriously, aside from your very weird notions of retirees and students being blood suckers, what you really have is an historical fact of aide to the poor and sick being privately and state supported prior to the new deal.

The WWI and GI BILL shouldn't have been approved either.

I have no problem with State or Private charity. I have a major issue with the Feds stealing money from my pocket to pay these bums to continue wasting flesh and oxygen.

[Roads, bridges, sanitation systems, schools, security, public health, public safety, environmental protection, research, monetary system........

**BUZZER**

Oh, I'm so sorry. Apparently you have never read Article I Section 8 of the US Constitution. You Lose.

There are few things that meet your criteria.

Roads, bridges, sanitation systems, schools, security, public health, public safety, environmental protection, research, monetary system........

Nope, government doesn't need to be doing any of that.

Forum List

Back