Ron Paul: Black Caucus Only Against War Because They Want That Money For Food Stamps

Spending money on the American people instead of an unnecessary war?

God forbid!

You just can't imagine the American people spending their own money themselves, can you?

Education, healthcare, a modern infrastructure, parks, public facilities, food and clothing for those who are struggling

We could have had it all for the $2 Trillion we wasted on wars the last ten years

Comes down to priorities

Spending money on the American people instead of an unnecessary war?

God forbid!

Spending money on the War was originally Constitutional, unlike the SNAP program. The War has gone on too long and moved too far from its original goal, so that isn't even Constitutional anymore.

Education, healthcare, a modern infrastructure, parks, public facilities, food and clothing for those who are struggling

We could have had it all for the $2 Trillion we wasted on wars the last ten years

Comes down to priorities

Yes, like CONSTITUTIONALITY (which is my Top Priority). With the exception of infastructure (in a very limited form) none of what you suggest there is a legitimate item for the Federal Government to be spending money on.

Comes down to priorities

Yes, like CONSTITUTIONALITY (which is my Top Priority). With the exception of infastructure (in a very limited form) none of what you suggest there is a legitimate item for the Federal Government to be spending money on.

Unfortunately for you, our Constitution is not interpreted by internet nutjobs, we have courts that do that

For the last 200 years our courts have affirmed those uses as within the scope of the Federal Government

Ron Paul's comment sounds very racist to me. How dare black people wanting to spend money on poor people at home instead of foreign wars.

Unfortunately for you, our Constitution is not interpreted by internet nutjobs, we have courts that do that

For the last 200 years our courts have affirmed those uses as within the scope of the Federal Government

Then we're 200 years past due to drag these motherfuckers out of their Government offices, execute them PUBLICLY and replace this Government with a proper one.

My ancestors were among those who fought and died to bring this country into existance. Many more of my relatives have bled and shed the blood of others for this country in the past 200+ years. I guarantee you that none of them believed they were fighting for the right of the Government to take their/my money and give it to lazy wastes of flesh and oxygen for education, healthcare, food, clothing, housing, etc..... In fact they would tell you they were fighting for the exact opposite.

Then we're 200 years past due to drag these motherfuckers out of their Government offices, execute them PUBLICLY and replace this Government with a proper one.

My ancestors were among those who fought and died to bring this country into existance. Many more of my relatives have bled and shed the blood of others for this country in the past 200+ years. I guarantee you that none of them believed they were fighting for the right of the Government to take their/my money and give it to lazy wastes of flesh and oxygen for education, healthcare, food, clothing, housing, etc..... In fact they would tell you they were fighting for the exact opposite.
ah, but how do you identify which of us are the lazy wastes of flesh and oxygen?

Tell me what exactly were they fighting for?

Extending our military power around the globe?

ah, but how do you identify which of us are the lazy wastes of flesh and oxygen?

Very simple.... Do you support yourself financially or does the Government support you financially? Do you collect Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, Section 8 Housing, Stafford Loans, etc....? If you collect from the Government you're a waste of flesh and oxygen. It's really that simple.

oh, so you're a lazy waste of air if you're retired and getting medicare or in college with a Stafford?

I think I'd agree that my relatives who fought in WWI, WWII and Korea (I didn't know anyone before that) would have agreed that welfare in the form of fed govt payouts to those not working, and who could work, are wrong. But medical care for kids born with birth defects and such .... I think they'd be ok with that.

Very simple.... Do you support yourself financially or does the Government support you financially? Do you collect Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, Section 8 Housing, Stafford Loans, etc....? If you collect from the Government you're a waste of flesh and oxygen. It's really that simple.

Government is there to help those who need helping

It is as simple as that

I'd say govt shoud be there for those who wish to help themselves, and those unable to do so. But the rub is how you differentiate them from the malingers. It can be done, at least partially by limiting the duration of benefits and meanstesting.

Tell me what exactly were they fighting for? Extending our military power around the globe?

They were fighting for the Right to choose their own way of life and to live it, here in this country, without interference from the Government or others (withing the limits of basic Morality and Values - which should be the basis for all American laws). They were not fighting to expand American influence around the Globe or to benefit the military-industrial complex.

Forum List

Back