Ron Johnson and Rick Scott want to end Medicare and SS.

Faun, I'm a big proponent for a flat tax. I doubt it will ever happen
with our government.
Afraid to answer the question still.
Everyone with the brain of a mature cucumber knows that recessions redistribute wealth.

Nope, I believe everyone should have some skin in the game.
Don't like the idea of buying votes....I'm sure you do with your government philosophy.
The poor who pay payroll tax don’t have skin in the game ?

The poor who pay payroll tax don’t have skin in the game ?
We were talking payroll tax? I thought we were talking about the fed income tax.
Was the flat tax income tax or payroll tax?
I get so confused when trying to have a discussion with you.
You keep moving the goal posts. :rolleyes-41:

Last edited:
Afraid to answer the question still.
Everyone with the brain of a mature cucumber knows that recessions redistribute wealth.
Not afraid, but I think this is one of those gotchya questions.
What does that have to do with the meat and potatoes of this thread?
Most recessions are not long lived, and the redistribution has a variance to it.

Faun, I'm a big proponent for a flat tax. I doubt it will ever happen
with our government.

Still, that rate, assuming no deductions allowed, would be about 30% just to maintain current spending.

For a person making $1,000,000 a year, they would still have about $700K to live off of.

But a person making minimum wage (in Florida) would have about $7K of their $23,000 taken out in taxes. How does anyone live off of $16K a year? Your plan would hurl millions into the poverty level overnight.

Still, that rate, assuming no deductions allowed, would be about 30% just to maintain current spending.

For a person making $1,000,000 a year, they would still have about $700K to live off of.

But a person making minimum wage (in Florida) would have about $7K of their $23,000 taken out in taxes. How does anyone live off of $16K a year? Your plan would hurl millions into the poverty level overnight.
My issue is that you can buy votes, if not everyone has some kind of skin in the game.
Welfare breeds welfare, child support breeds child support, it's a career for many.
They keep voting for those who just keep giving the tax dollars to them.
I don't know what the answer is, but just keep saying tax the rich does not cut it.
The rich are taxed and do pay the lions share of the income taxes.

What have you got, Faun?

My issue is that you can buy votes, if not everyone has some kind of skin in the game.
Welfare breeds welfare, child support breeds child support, it's a career for many.
They keep voting for those who just keep giving the tax dollars to them.
I don't know what the answer is, but just keep saying tax the rich does not cut it.
The rich are taxed and do pay the lions share of the income taxes.

What have you got, Faun?

Progressive tax structure so the lowest income workers can keep as much as they earn as possible. As far as welfare, the problem with that is that the government doesn't bother checking to see if recipients really need to be on welfare. If the government allocated funds for a task force to review individual cases and throw people off who don't truly qualify, perhaps even fine them too, the money saved would more than pay for such a task force and it would eliminate many who are currently scamming the system.

Most recessions are not long lived, and the redistribution has a variance to it.
When the 2007 recession started people started losing their jobs. By the time it reached 8.8 million mid wage jobs, the middle class began feeling the effects. More then 60% were middle class who lost their wealth, their homes, their healthcare and their dignity. When the recovery offcially ended, only 27% recovered the to work at the wage they were before. The middle class lost their wealth.

Where did it go ? The usual place. Investors in the market and real estate brokers. They Got the property and stock for pennies on the dollar. They resold the property and made huge profits with previous home owners having to refinance, most owing much more then they did before.

It always happens during recessions. Wealth shift occurs.
Bet your ass, the middle class and poor need help. Geesus, many still haven’t recovered from 2008.

Recessions follow republicans like puppy dogs. They are the conduit for the wealth shift to the rich with their tax cuts and recessions.

"They"? Something is going to have to give, cutting or raising the age
requirement, it can't remain as it is now and be solvent
"eliminating it altogether if they could"? There goes your imagination again,
I warned you about that already. :rolleyes-41:
As long as republicans promote recessions, it will get worse. Always has. We have to print money to climb out of recessions. The gop doesn’t give a fk. They have their Cayman Island accounts to hide behind.

Gotcha question ? It is is only if you still cling to the idea that trickle down works. It’s a stupid philosophy proven false over and over. Only you numb shits fall for it.

We were talking payroll tax? I thought we were talking about the fed income tax.
Was the flat tax income tax or payroll tax?
I get so confused when trying to have a discussion with you.
You keep moving the goal posts. :rolleyes-41:
Boy, you are naive. The payroll tax for SS goes into the trust fund for pay outs. Over the decades, the trust fund has accumulated 2.9 TRILLION DOLLARS surplus which is used to purchase treasury notes . Question. Where is that money ? Hint. The same place the federal income tax monies go.
So dumb ass, all workers hav3 sk8n in the game.

Boy, you are naive. The payroll tax for SS goes into the trust fund for pay outs. Over the decades, the trust fund has accumulated 2.9 TRILLION DOLLARS surplus which is used to purchase treasury notes . Question. Where is that money ? Hint. The same place the federal income tax monies go.
So dumb ass, all workers hav3 sk8n in the game.
Sure sparky, sure. :rolleyes-41:

Yes sparky dullard.
The SS trust fund of 2.9 trillion goes to the same place as the federal income taxes go.

@>Proceeds from the sale of Treasury bonds go hand in hand with tax revenues to help the federal government finance its operations and repay outstanding U.S. debt.<

Forum List

Back