Ron DeSantis Wants To Make Florida Into The Capitol Of Everyone Suing Everyone For Everything

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
ust as an example of one of the bills being proposed, a new law would make it possible for both businesses and individuals to sue city and county governments over any regulation. That’s any regulation. Like, regulations that might require people to uphold building standards, or not building a high rise in a spot where it blocks the view of existing residents. All that someone has to do is show that the regulation could cost them money, and they can sue the local government to recover “damages.” It’s not called the Making Local Government Impossible Act. But it should be.

Many of the bills being put forward follow a similar scheme: allowing people to sue someone else for just about any reason under the Sunshine State. Overall, DeSantis seems out to make the state unlivable for almost everyone, but a heaven for civil attorneys.

It's called Flori-Duh for a reason.

ust as an example of one of the bills being proposed, a new law would make it possible for both businesses and individuals to sue city and county governments over any regulation. That’s any regulation. Like, regulations that might require people to uphold building standards, or not building a high rise in a spot where it blocks the view of existing residents. All that someone has to do is show that the regulation could cost them money, and they can sue the local government to recover “damages.” It’s not called the Making Local Government Impossible Act. But it should be.

Many of the bills being put forward follow a similar scheme: allowing people to sue someone else for just about any reason under the Sunshine State. Overall, DeSantis seems out to make the state unlivable for almost everyone, but a heaven for civil attorneys.

Except that you moonbats just love you some trial lawyers.

The same Fori-duh that AOC and Sowell took their vacation in?

If you don't like the way Florida is running their state, stay in New York, California or Illinois. You're not wanted there anyway.

Meanwhile New York has assembled every lawyer in the state to go after anything and everything they can to destroy Donald Trump.
Wrong. New York didn't assemble them, and it's not just in New York. The attorneys voluntarily chose to do that. Trump is just hated that much. He's worked hard to piss off the majority of the country that bad.

Ummm how many law suits have been filed towards Trump in the last 4 years?...do you even know dummy?....

Wrong. New York didn't assemble them, and it's not just in New York. The attorneys voluntarily chose to do that. Trump is just hated that much. He's worked hard to piss off the majority of the country that bad.

Yet surveys say that if the election were held today, Trump would easily win.

sounds reasonable to me.

This law will make the state legislature less anxious to impose regulatory assrapery upon the business community- only doing it when they see it as necessary.

Garbage hit piece.

The Democrat propaganda-spewing writer seems particularly butthurt that school board candidates - often wildly arrogant liberal fascists seeking high-paying jobs doing nothing but making learning worse - will now have to openly declare their Democrat allegiance.

The Country is going down the drain but lefties become hysterical about some lame opinion piece by somebody named Mark Sumner. Go figure.

Demonstrating monetary harm is the current standard for standing to sue. Are you really so stupid you don't know that.

You can figure out Google all by yourself. It's not that I mind doing the work, it's that no matter what we present to you leftists, you always call it bullshit so why waste my time?
I have always accepted credible proof and acknowledged when I have been shown to be wrong. Just admit you got nothing

I have always accepted credible proof and acknowledged when I have been shown to be wrong. Just admit you got nothing

Yes, the last one is a paywall but it's from a leftist site and the headlines tell the story.

So citizens should not be able to challenge a law in court they think is unjust?

Is that your position?

Yes, the last one is a paywall but it's from a leftist site and the headlines tell the story.
I never argue something I know is not true. I was unaware of those poll numbers, and freely admit I was wrong. Thank you for the credible links. Those numbers are cause for some small concern, but there is a long time between now and 2024. Way too early to worry about much. I suspect trump's sedition caucus won't be nearly as vocal or influential by that time.

Forum List

Back